Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-06-2016, 3:46 PM Reply   
Hey Guys-
I was wondering if you had any thoughts, ideas, or recommendations on a wakeboard tower to put on my 1999 Sanger V210. I researched a lot and found I like a more "swooped" look. The proflight towers are out of my price range. I also am not a huge fan of monster or joystick towers. I researched Big Air Wake Towers. Anyone heard of these??? I like the cuda tower (reverse mounted). Let me know what you think. Thanks
-Trever
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-07-2016, 7:05 AM Reply   
Take a look at Lightning Wakeboard Towers in Sacramento. They have swoop style. You will have to go with the universal model to keep costs down. I bought a universal for my '87 Sanger which I since sold but it was a good stable tower. Didn't rattle at all.
Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-07-2016, 7:25 AM Reply   
Thanks- Do you know what kind of tower you had on your old Sanger- thanks
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-07-2016, 7:49 AM Reply   
I had the Lightning universal. Check out their website. They have photos of their towers installed. Their custom swoop looks really good on v210s but is quite a bit more than the universal.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-07-2016, 11:23 AM Reply   
Lightning towers is about ten minutes from my house. I've seen them and they are nice and high quality for the price on the universal. They do custom and you can take your boat to then and they'll make whatever you want but as Larry said those do get expensive. Sampson has nice stuff but very pricey. I had a recon Chinese tower on my I/O and that worked good for being cheap. It's just like an Ariel and probably from the same place. It did flex a bit, but it was $700 do you get what you paid for. The proflight on my sanger is much more rigid. I've been impressed with my proflight. They seem to be do common I would think you might be able to find a used one.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-07-2016, 11:31 AM Reply   
I would also look at www.diywake.com. His towers are inexpensive and seem to get great reviews. He also started making a forward swoop tower as well. He's a good guy. My boat is at his place right now having him do some work.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-07-2016, 12:55 PM Reply   
I loved my sampson edge tower which they fit and installed on my old prostar 190. It's not forward swoop though and they are expensive.
Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-07-2016, 5:10 PM Reply   
Thanks so much, I love the looks of the lightening
Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-07-2016, 6:38 PM Reply   
anyone know anything about big air towers or aerial? a little more budget friendly
Old     (Studlee)      Join Date: Jul 2014       05-07-2016, 9:10 PM Reply   
They suck!. Sorry.. just my opinion.. I put the Airborne on a old Mastercraft Tristar. Looked alright, but not very sturdy at all! Rattled a lot, you could see it sway while trailering the boat down the road.. Never pulled any adults from it, because I thought the thing would come apart! Pulled the kids that were 8 and 3 years old just fine though.. The set screws that held the thing together were junk! I ended up drilling straight through the tower and used bolts to hold it together!. I have a buddy that put the assault on his old Malibu and his was bad as well!. He had to use a ratchet strap, strapped to the sides of the tower and anchored that to his ski pylon to keep it from swaying so bad and from ripping apart!. He pulled adults though.. guy's that were only 150-200 lbs.. if you plan on keeping that boat for a while, I'd spend the money and get a good quality tower!.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-08-2016, 8:00 AM Reply   
I think BigAir uses a different mounting system than aerial though. They use 4bolts per mount I believe on some of their towers. I have sold many H2O towers and have heard they are very sturdy.
Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-08-2016, 8:26 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. I heard the aerials were pretty cheap as well. Anyone know anything else about big air towers? Thanks
Old     (Askin)      Join Date: May 2016       05-08-2016, 6:00 PM Reply   
I bought a big air vapor about 3 years ago. I like it. Haven't had any issues. It sways a little but nothing too bad. Then again I have 4 exile xm9's two wake racks with boards and a surf rack on top so I've added quite a bit of weight to it.
For the price im happy with mine.