Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-02-2011, 4:01 PM Reply   
Took my boat out of storage to find two scratches on the gel that are to deep to wet sand.Looking for recommendations from local guys on who I should use to do the fix Diggs anybody??
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-02-2011, 4:45 PM Reply   
Aws....
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-02-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
West One Marine in Lake Oswego
Ask for Gary @ 503 702 0450

He did some work for a friend of mine and it turned out beautiful! Great guy and decent prices.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-02-2011, 8:52 PM Reply   
Aws. If for some reason you can't get with them I can get you other references but that would be my first choice.
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
call Pat McDonald (503)-516-5135. He can help you, and come look at it at your place. Tell him Chris O'Neill sent you.....
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-03-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
You can get the exact gel coat color either from http://spectrumcolor.com/ or Fineline direct. They will need your hull id# to find the color. I got my last batch from Fineline and it matched perfectly. I then took it to the fiberglass guy to do the work.

Last edited by packrat; 05-03-2011 at 9:40 AM. Reason: edit
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-03-2011, 10:55 AM Reply   
Wish I knew who was working for BridgeCity when I bought my Vride. They fixed two nasty gouges in the white gelcoat the day I bought the boat. Almost 4 yrs later & you would still never know they were there.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-03-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
AWS would be my first choice but this time of year is often hard to get gel coat repaired as its super busy.

Harold, have you thought about repairing it yourself? Lots of how-to's out there. I've see your diy posts I'd imagine you're more than capible? Save some money and learn a new trick. Just a thought.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-03-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
I use Ken Land!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-03-2011, 3:17 PM Reply   
Newty thanks I like to think of myself as handy and have tried gel coat work before its just not my thing and never seems to turn out just right not sure if its because I'm color blind or what.I gave Gary a call at west one marine and plan on taking it to him tomorrow.Thanks for all the replies you guys are the best.Here is a pic of the damage two half inch scratches and one of the boat where you can see the real color.........................H
Attached Images

Old     (RidingTheNW)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-04-2011, 8:55 PM Reply   
Riverside Marine in Camas Washington. I'm the service writer. Bring it by. Our gel coat guy is awesome!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-06-2011, 9:49 PM Reply   
I'd be going to see Pat at Superior Marine... He's the guy all the others call when they fail. Your scratches look pretty minor. I'd think all the guys listed could take care of this for ya...
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-06-2011, 10:12 PM Reply   
Also would like to know what the storage facility says about this. Which facility? Are they going to pay for it or did they make you sign a waiver?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-07-2011, 5:07 AM Reply   
Well as far as storage mine is free my brother owns a boat repair shop in Gresham and lets me store my boat in his shop I have been doing it for years with no problems.I am sure it was an accident so I am not asking for reimbursement.I took the boat to Gary at west one marine in lake Oswego he has it finished but I have been putting off picking it up so I don't have to tow in the rain.When I get it home I will post back up with results once again thanks for all the replies...................H
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-10-2011, 3:48 PM Reply   
Update it quit raining long enough for me to pick my boat up today.Gary at west one marine did a great job cant even tell where the damage was.I was uncertain at first but after seeing his work I would highly recommend him.Thanks again for the referral Newty............................................H
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-11-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
Good to hear!