Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (ptownsean)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-29-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
If you have had problems with mastercraft trailers I need to hear it!!
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-29-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
i had a problem with them backing up. The brakes would engauge, I guess there was something loose on the tounge (nothing that could cause any problems) but something that had to do with the the trailer when i would back up. Other than that the tandem axle trailer is a caddy, and the brakes are insane.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-29-2007, 11:34 PM Reply   
I had brake calipers stick and had them changed under warranty.only one of them was sticking but the dealer changed them all.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-30-2007, 12:13 AM Reply   
Sean, what is the issue you are dealing with?

My guess is the brakes too.

Might not be exclusive to MC. What hubs/brakes do they use? Trailer Buddy?
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-30-2007, 1:12 AM Reply   
Somehow something under the tongue got extremely bent, and the serge brakes were engaging at a certain speed and making a lot of vibration. But we got it all fixed.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-30-2007, 1:12 AM Reply   
Somehow something under the tongue got extremely bent, and the serge brakes were engaging at a certain speed and making a lot of vibration. But we got it all fixed.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-30-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
I had an entire hub snap off at 55 mph. Not really a brake problem, but still a major problem. The trailer was three days old. Fixed under warranty after a lot of hassle.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-30-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
On my 01' X-Star tandem axle trailer I had 3 of the 4 calipers completely shear off and drag on the road. This happened 3x. The two bolt caliper housing in 01' was changed to a 3 bolt setup and I guess it solved that problem.
Old     (driver_dad)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-09-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
My brakes intermittently locked up in reverse...I suspected the reverse electrical signal wasn't getting to the brake solenoid to not engage when backing up but I couldn't pinpoint it. After a couple to trips to the dealer, they replaced the entire tongue/master cylinder/solenoid under warranty and I haven't had any problems since.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-09-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
IMO, trailer brake systems just suck in general. I have more reliability problems with trailers than I ever do with boats.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
My 04 X2 trailer brakes have been a big pain in the ass.

-The brakes were awesome when it was new, but the trailer had a terrible clunk every time I'd leave a stop sign due to a problem with the master cylinder.

-By the start of the next season, I had no brakes at all. The master cylinder went bad from the horrible jolts every time I'd leave a stop sign.

-A few weeks after the serious chore of replacing the master cylinder, and completely flushing the system, my left rear caliper locked up. The replacement is expensive, so I just removed it and capped off that corner. Now I have 3 wheel brakes. They still worked fantastic with only 3 calipers.

-After 6 months with the new master cylinder, I was back to virtually no trailer brakes.

-That's where I've been for the last 6 months. I pretty much just gave up. It's not worth wasting an entire 100 degree Saturday fighting the brake system when it's just going to take a dump again 6 months from now.

To be fair, the boat has 800 hours on it, and the trailer gets 42 miles of towing for every 2-3 hours of boat use.
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-09-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
Warped caliper on an 05 trailer.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-10-2007, 6:01 AM Reply   
great trailers, huh? When my trailer broke, I went to the plant and the management acted like this was the first one they had seen, but the workers I knew there said they had had multiple trailer problems and they were trying to keep it quiet. They didn't want to hurt sales.
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-10-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Massive problems on my x-45 trialer. Master cylinder faulty, causing pressure on the brakes, heated them up, Blew the seals to the Fishbowl lube (now lubed with oil) and oil spilled onto the Buring hot disks, nearly caught fire. $900 later, and Mastercraft acted like it was my fault for using the tongue sway and pinching the line. Mastercraft should put pressure on the trailer builder, and make it right.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-10-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Get used to it. Nothing will ever be their fault. If they can find a way out of fixing something, they will.