Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (BABzUSA)      Join Date: Jan 2018       02-24-2018, 12:34 PM Reply   
I see a lot of threads on Wake World and on other forums about tow vehicles. But they usually are with the mindset of doing a fair amount of towing. What about those who don't need to tow very often?

Here is the situation I'm dealing with. I have a 2015 F350 Platinum. Incredible truck. My love for the truck itself makes this a hard move. But I'm seriously considering downsizing. When I first bought my RZ4 I was towing it to other lakes fairly often. But now, we've recently added a dock to our family home on Lake Travis. The property also has its own ramp. While I like having the ability to take the boat anywhere. The reality is the boat hardly ever sees another lake these days.

If I were to do this, these would be my new requirements.

1) Main priority. Being able to pull the boat out of the water and move it up near the house via the ramp for cleaning, maintenance, etc.

2) Towing roughly a mile for gas to save some coin over the cost of marina stations.

3) Towing roughly 10 miles for dealer maintenance.

2 & 3 are actually not absolute requirements as I could fill the boat via other means and the dealer does lake visits.

There are many advantages to not having to keep and daily drive the f350. The only real disadvantage here is losing the ability to go to other lakes. That being said, Lake Austin is the only other lake that really offers attraction over Travis for me because its so close. It just offers a change every once in awhile. The closest Lake Austin ramp is only about 10 miles away. So anything that satisfies all 3 points above would most likely make it to Lake Austin.

Are any of you out there in similar situations? How are you tackling this issue?