Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-09-2014, 6:53 AM Reply   
With the season winding down is it ever too early to start planning winter mods? I want to move my sub from out of the observers locker and add a box to the walkway of my proV and add a cushion on top to get the storage back and add a better lounging area up front. Plus id really like to get a new glove box, the cheap plastic one is cracking and prob wont make another season. ANyone know where to find replacement glove boxes? Might even put in some stainless cup holders too.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-09-2014, 7:03 AM Reply   
I want to add a 5 channel amp, add a set of bow speakers and a 12" sub under the helm. That's probably the extent of the cash I'll have to spend.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-09-2014, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
With the season winding down is it ever too early to start planning winter mods? I want to move my sub from out of the observers locker and add a box to the walkway of my proV and add a cushion on top to get the storage back and add a better lounging area up front. Plus id really like to get a new glove box, the cheap plastic one is cracking and prob wont make another season. ANyone know where to find replacement glove boxes? Might even put in some stainless cup holders too.
My plans are to figure out where the electrical gremlin is that causes my boat to turn over slow when starting. It might be the starter that needs a rebuild...

Also going to shore up some wiring related to the speakers.
Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-09-2014, 7:17 AM Reply   
Just got my boat, and have only had it out once . Going to winterize this weekend I think. A sad sad day. But, this winter I have a few things to do

1. Replace the blown bow speaker, probably do both instead of just one

2. Order my 1800 custom port sac for my 24v and get with the guys running these boats and see if my existing (rival ballast) 200lb bag in front is enough.

3. Sub amp got wet and is toast, so I will be on the prowl for a new sub amp.

4. I REALLY want to led the entire inside of my boat, research and seeing how big of a job and how expensive it is will determine if I do this or not.

5. Not go crazy waiting for warmer weather, the hardest project of all.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-09-2014, 7:46 AM Reply   
@jason…your putting 1800 lbs in the back and wonder if 200 lbs in the front is enough. Thats easy…NO! Your going to need in the neighborhood of 1000 lbs up there to start.
Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-09-2014, 8:10 AM Reply   
Naw. Not that much weight. These boats are so big that they love the rear weight to be insane. I think duffy is running 450 on which ever side he is surfing.

Last edited by masongardner; 10-09-2014 at 8:13 AM.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-09-2014, 8:52 AM Reply   
Its pretty common for guys to put 2 500's under the bow of these boats. Tige's tend to like both sides of the front filled when surfing and not just surf side. Probably want to head over to TO's to get set up right. I worked for a Tige dealer and have ran everyone of their boats and not even in the 20 footers would 200 lbs in the bow do anything. The 20 footers need around 5-600 with extra read weight in the back. 200 isn't going to be enough and neither is 450 I can guarantee that.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-09-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Great idea. I am not a fan of walkthrough bows and love my playpen. using that space under a filler cushion for subwoofer is a great idea.

my list includes:

Troubleshoot and Fix ground loop noise on stereo (mostly done)
Fix bad connections on left channel of tower speakers (done)
Change polk towers for the Kicker 6500.2 HLCD setup (done)
Swap out starboard locker bag to an 1100 (done)
Install Fulton F2 Trailer Jack (done)
Install safety chain for bow (done)
Install Heatercraft 4 port heater
Custom surf platform made from HDPE and hydoturf
Ghetto gate
DIY FAE
Make some more of my DIY underwater transom lights and install
Install LED drain plug
Upgrade ballast pumps to Attwood T1200's, add vent lines and check valves (waiting for a black Friday sale)
Upgrade to the 1180 pound Gravity center basement bag (black Friday sale)
Install interior LED lighting doing a full RGBW system with a 4 zone controller and Wifi, cupholder and speaker rings, strip lighting in compartments so the white can illuminate them when needed.
Swap out trailer winch to something more substantial
Add red LED lights to top of trailer guide poles.
Add LED runway lights with digital bilge pump switch to trailer

Now, how much of it I'll honestly complete, I have no idea.

Last edited by trayson; 10-09-2014 at 9:15 AM.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-09-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
My kids want the LED's, but we are very rarely on the lake at night. ONe dat if i get a place ON the lake i would probably do it.
I'm also making some brackets to raise my platform so it doesnt cut into the surf wave. I got the pieces cut just need to drill the holes in them so i can attach them to my current platform brackets.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-09-2014, 10:21 AM Reply   
Add another arc audio 600.2 to the tower speakers , swap out my Carpet for deckadance floring install a supreme 2015 surf platform and add some more led's
Old     (4Nash)      Join Date: May 2011       10-09-2014, 10:36 AM Reply   
Stereo Overhaul...Anyone interested in a LIKE new WetSounds Syn6 an Syn2. Came with my boat, 2014 Tigé Z3. I got it Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Boat has 40 hours and light use on the amps. Let me know!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-09-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
My kids want the LED's, but we are very rarely on the lake at night. ONe dat if i get a place ON the lake i would probably do it.
I'm also making some brackets to raise my platform so it doesnt cut into the surf wave. I got the pieces cut just need to drill the holes in them so i can attach them to my current platform brackets.
How much are you raising the platform? are you just shimming it with HDPE or something?
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-09-2014, 10:50 AM Reply   
Finish the water cooled amps.

Install a dimmer for the perfectpass backlight.

Try different sub enclosures to see if I can get more out of it.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-09-2014, 11:52 AM Reply   
I got some aluminum I beams. Going to raise it 4 ".
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-09-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
Plus i still have my PP/engine issue to fix. Hopefully that hets worked out this weekend.....didnt go out last weekend and not sure how many more weekends i have left.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-09-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
I want to install additional 12v plugs in the locker area.
Plumb or have plumbed additional ballast.
Possibly have new Switch surf system installed for next season.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-09-2014, 1:08 PM Reply   
Mine is to ride ride and ride some more. Daughter has been healing from stress fracture so have not been out in 3 weeks. Doc told her she is good to go and it will 90 here on Saturday!! Gotta love florida won't be wet suit season for a couple of more months.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-09-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
Need to re-bracket down center ballast tank. (old one stripped out and ghetto braced now)
Getting gel coat fixed due to prior owner running on gravel (cant fix stupid)
Fixing paint chips trailer due to prior owner running on gravel (cant fix stupid*2)
Need to install new ski pylon as former owner painted it and not stuck (cant fix stupid*3)
Need to do some upholstery touch up as color fading in couple of spots
Bend out trailer fender as who knows what former owner nailed
Lastly drink one last beer in it before it goes into hibernation!
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-09-2014, 4:44 PM Reply   
Bought my 2014 Sanger v215 XTZ. Just need to yank out the hard tanks and replace with 1100's. Add a bow triangle 1000 and then listen to my wife complain because I took all of her storage.

Add tower speakers and amps in Spring.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-09-2014, 5:59 PM Reply   
Im am going to buy a pair of 400 lbs sacks for the old school SN, pay my insurance premiums and watch my kid get booted all winter.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-10-2014, 10:20 AM Reply   
To buy a house in discovery bay!
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-10-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
Anyone know of a place to get replacement glove boxes from?
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       10-16-2014, 9:02 AM Reply   
My list includes (in no particular order):

1. Fix the gouges in the gel coat on the starboard side of the boat thanks to some asshat hitting my boat at the dock last year
2. Finish removing the graphics.
3. Order and install the WakeMakers custom RZ4 930# sacks (on top of the built-in 2x250# tanks under the floor).
4. Put around 2-300# of lead in the bow behind the built in sacks (grand total will put me around 7-800# up front with both bags full, around 3000# total in whole boat)
5. Build new box for the walkthrough area behind the bow cooler and install another 12" sub in it.
6. Install another set of REV10s in the tower
7. Pull my Syn6 and Syn2 amps and upgrade to bigger amps (probably going to go with 3x2000w amps)
8. Do the opaque hose LED ring mod on my cupholders and speaker covers.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-16-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
My list includes (in no particular order):

1. Fix the gouges in the gel coat on the starboard side of the boat thanks to some asshat hitting my boat at the dock last year
2. Finish removing the graphics.
3. Order and install the WakeMakers custom RZ4 930# sacks (on top of the built-in 2x250# tanks under the floor).
4. Put around 2-300# of lead in the bow behind the built in sacks (grand total will put me around 7-800# up front with both bags full, around 3000# total in whole boat)
5. Build new box for the walkthrough area behind the bow cooler and install another 12" sub in it.
6. Install another set of REV10s in the tower
7. Pull my Syn6 and Syn2 amps and upgrade to bigger amps (probably going to go with 3x2000w amps)
8. Do the opaque hose LED ring mod on my cupholders and speaker covers.
Nice list. be sure to do a write up and post pics of the walkthrough box. I wish I had your audio budget!
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       10-16-2014, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Nice list. be sure to do a write up and post pics of the walkthrough box. I wish I had your audio budget!
The budget isn't the problem, it's getting the wife to agree to let me spend the budget that is an issue...I know the gel coat repair and sacks will definitely get done this winter, but the rest may get put off until next winter depending on how mad she gets when she sees the numbers.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-16-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
The budget isn't the problem, it's getting the wife to agree to let me spend the budget that is an issue...I know the gel coat repair and sacks will definitely get done this winter, but the rest may get put off until next winter depending on how mad she gets when she sees the numbers.
Too funny. My wife's pretty supportive, but really it's whether I have the money or not. We run our finances pretty separate so it's a matter of whether I can afford whatever. However, she's been pretty awesome. She kicked in a few thousand towards the new boat as well as surprised me by contacting doomswell and arranging for her to pay for my new surfboard as an anniversary present as well as adding custom graphics to it.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       10-16-2014, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Too funny. My wife's pretty supportive, but really it's whether I have the money or not. We run our finances pretty separate so it's a matter of whether I can afford whatever. However, she's been pretty awesome. She kicked in a few thousand towards the new boat as well as surprised me by contacting doomswell and arranging for her to pay for my new surfboard as an anniversary present as well as adding custom graphics to it.
That's a good woman. Mine isn't really into the wakeboat lifestyle, but more about just laying out on the water. It took a lot of convincing to switch over to wakeboat in the first place, and she doesn't see any reason to put more money into it. It also doesn't help that I spend a lot of money on guns and motorcycles too. She's one of those "it's good enough in stock form" kinda people, where as I'm the "it's ok in stock form, but I can make it better" kinda guys.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-16-2014, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's a good woman. Mine isn't really into the wakeboat lifestyle, but more about just laying out on the water. It took a lot of convincing to switch over to wakeboat in the first place, and she doesn't see any reason to put more money into it. It also doesn't help that I spend a lot of money on guns and motorcycles too. She's one of those "it's good enough in stock form" kinda people, where as I'm the "it's ok in stock form, but I can make it better" kinda guys.
On our first date, I told her, "I'm a big kid. I love to play. I'm passionate about my hobbies and adventures and toys. I love my toys and improve and modify them all. And none of that will EVER change". We were engaged a year later. :-) She isn't into modding and flashy vehicles--she's quite happy with her subtle Honda Ridgeline. But she has zero issues if I spend my time and money on my toys like I told her from day one. And she loves to drive the boat and is a damn good surf driver. And she's totally cool with us rockin' the sound system. so I'm lucky!

Hell, she's using her money to have us throw down on a 21w x 41L x 12h metal carport to store the boat under during the winter (as well as whatever else I wanna fit under there!!!).
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-17-2014, 6:28 AM Reply   
Guess I am supper lucky then. My wife and I do the same thing for a living and make exactly the same amount of money . She has already come to terms that we will be getting a new boat every couple years and pays for half of everything. She loves to surf and drive the boat and is always on board to change our boat to better suit our needs. In fact she has her own list of mods for me to do this winter.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-17-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
Word!!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-17-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Guess I am supper lucky then. My wife and I do the same thing for a living and make exactly the same amount of money . She has already come to terms that we will be getting a new boat every couple years and pays for half of everything. She loves to surf and drive the boat and is always on board to change our boat to better suit our needs. In fact she has her own list of mods for me to do this winter.
What I have is RARE, what you have is pretty much unheard of! You're living the fairy tale.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-17-2014, 9:27 PM Reply   
It might rain someday in California but I plan to keep rolling the hours on the clock because "the season" never ends...I do plan an oil change soon though.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       10-18-2014, 1:29 AM Reply   
I'll be doing a 6v battery bank and ditching my 8 12v's
Perfect pass
Installing the 1100's I have in place of my factory hard tanks
Re doing some led work on the interior
Oil filter relocation
FAE
Taking my factory prop in that I dinged to be re worked and used as a spare to my 911
I think that should about do er

For now lol