Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    jerrod_wcc            05-02-2011, 9:29 PM Reply   
this post surely wont last long but while its up just wanna let those of you who care to read that not only did the administrator of this site agree to put up a press release for my rail contest at Lake Tulloch this past weekend and then he posted nothing. But he also deleted my thread in the forums titled "nor cal rail contest" which i was just trying to get the word out and create a forum for ppl to talk about the event. Not sure what the thinking or motive behind this bs is but I won't be coming back to wakeworld for anything in the future.

Peace out
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       05-03-2011, 6:00 AM Reply   

Thanks for stopping by.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-03-2011, 6:07 AM Reply   
mmmmeeeeehhhh, im sure there is more to it than that.....
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-03-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
Or it could be because there's a forum for "wake events"? I'd be willing to bet it wouldnt get deleted it it were on that board.
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-03-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
Is this the press release you're referring to: http://wakeworld.com/news/latestinwa...rail-jam.html? 482 People have viewed that release. If would be 483 if you had looked a little harder.

As far as your forum post goes, I don't remember it specifically, but it would not have been deleted if it was posted in the Wake Events topic where it belongs. Usually, I would just move a thread like that to the proper topic, so I'm not sure why that wasn't done. But in the future, just make sure it's posted in the proper section and you shouldn't have a problem.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-03-2011, 8:28 AM Reply   
thats what i thought. too bad he has proclaimed he wont be back so that he could find out what he did wrong and correct it.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-03-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
I posted one about Video cameras and it got moved. I cried really hard.

Keeping the forum organized is good cause!! I SUPPORT WW! haha
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-03-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
Good call out! I guess I might as well throw it out there while ive got the chance.

Check out the Scioto Boardshop in Columbus OHIO. If you live in central ohio you can now check out the gear in real life!

I hope this is taken as relevant wake related info and not just me trying to get the shop business. Cuz dats the troof

And while I'm on the subject, Ohio State University is hosting a wakeboarding contest on griggs reservior this upcoming saturday. Its open to the public (non collegiate). Check out www.ohiostatewaterski.com for more info. Keeping our fingers crossed on weather.. but yall know its gonna be krem
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-03-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
*facepalm
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-03-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
Damn hating on something other then himself... ^^^ DOH!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
I try to play by the rules, but I admit, the events section seems pretty dead. Event organizers, like myself, are working to make the event as visible as possible to try and drive attendance. I believe a lot less people frequent the Events section, but maybe there are some stats to prove me wrong?

So, usually when my event thread gets moved, I just turn to social media.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       05-03-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
good point jrod. Im trying to figure out if the vibe for wakeboarding is dead in these parts or is this site just dying faster and faster
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2011, 12:27 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding is bigger than ever. A lot of the vibe is in Social Media.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-03-2011, 2:04 PM Reply   
To tell you the truth I never even knew there was an EVENT section.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-03-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
I can see points being made on both sides. Personally I don't think an event posted here is going to clog up the site and I NEVER visit the events area.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-03-2011, 3:42 PM Reply   
i didnt know there was an event section either. If there was ever an event in new york Id sure as hell like to know about it on the main dicussion thread since i check it approx 4 times day lol
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-03-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I try to play by the rules, but I admit, the events section seems pretty dead. Event organizers, like myself, are working to make the event as visible as possible to try and drive attendance. I believe a lot less people frequent the Events section, but maybe there are some stats to prove me wrong?

So, usually when my event thread gets moved, I just turn to social media.
We allow people to send us press releases, which gets the event in our News section, which also includes time on the front page. We also allow people to add their event to our Event Schedule, which also means it gets time on the front page. This is in addition to the Wake Events section provided in the Forums. I feel like that is pretty much bending over backwards to provide FREE exposure for events. Not sure what else can be expected of us.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-03-2011, 5:19 PM Reply   
David - We appreciate all you do for the sport and especially giving us the opportunity to share our passion on this site! I will admit though....I NEVER go to the front page. The forum main page is saved as my "favorite," so I never look at the front page unless someone posted something in the forum that tells me there is an article I want to see there. Maybe I'm the only one that navigates that way, but just an FYI as to why I don't see press releases. Oh, and I never check the event forum section either; didn't know there was one until now.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-03-2011, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
David - We appreciate all you do for the sport and especially giving us the opportunity to share our passion on this site! I will admit though....I NEVER go to the front page. The forum main page is saved as my "favorite," so I never look at the front page unless someone posted something in the forum that tells me there is an article I want to see there. Maybe I'm the only one that navigates that way, but just an FYI as to why I don't see press releases. Oh, and I never check the event forum section either; didn't know there was one until now.
I can't do much about navigation patterns that avoid certain sections of the site. If you are interested in events, I can only suggest that you seek out areas of the site where events are located. As I pointed out above, there are several sections where these can be found...one of them is even in the forums.

Unfortunately, I can't divine the wants of each reader and spoon feed them only the sections that they would like to see. If you're expecting to read our latest articles, but you don't want to go to the front page, I'm not sure I have a solution for that problem.

The bottom line is that we don't allow advertising in the forums because the majority of forum readers do not want advertising in the forums. Advertising for an event is still advertising. Yes, you can make the case that it's non-profit, for the good of the sport, etc., etc., but as soon as that's allowed, companies will start advertising their sales and claiming it's an "event." They'll manage to squeeze the "event" label on whatever free advertising they want to throw out there. Believe me, I don't separate out the Wake Events just to be a jerk. Over the years we've found it to be the best way to allow people to promote their events and still keep the forums from getting cluttered with advertising.
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-04-2011, 6:15 AM Reply   
I feel like the site was way better before this new one was uploaded. Even if it was super basic...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-04-2011, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerpunk View Post
I feel like the site was way better before this new one was uploaded. Even if it was super basic...
The policies are exactly the same as they were on the old version of the website.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-04-2011, 7:37 AM Reply   
I hear ya Dave. Wakeworld allows us to do alot. WW is absolutely valuable. It's just a lot harder to keep the thread alive in Events.

I think few wakeboarders actually go looking for events to attend. I don't think people are really interested until they hear about something going on in their area.

I personally like the new version of WW better. It's quicker to navigate once you learn the shortcuts.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2011, 11:25 AM Reply   
Yep, definitely like the new site & not wanting to be spoon fed anything! I was just providing feedback on the navigation habits of this particular member. I know how & where to search for everything the site has to offer, which is A LOT!!!