Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ReneR)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-28-2014, 6:22 PM Reply   
Was wondering is it possible to own lakefront property? Where can I find out what lakes do not allow powerboats? Any areas to stay away from? Just starting to do my research any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
Just out of curiosity, what is attracting you to AZ? I spent a lot of time there this summer, and I could never live there.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-29-2014, 5:46 PM Reply   
i know some people that live in Arizona that come here for the summer(best of both worlds)
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-30-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
Val Vista lakes is a man made lake front property in Gilbert. They don't allow power boats. Are you only looking for non power boat places?
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-30-2014, 6:36 AM Reply   
We can help if you start off with where in AZ..
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-30-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
Barry waste will chime in hopefully. He's got a ton of info in the area.
Old     (ReneR)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-02-2014, 7:17 AM Reply   
Nicer weather year round coming from Seattle area, cost of living is cheaper. I have a power boat (03 supreme). Not sure what area,part reason for initial question. Thought about Cali but from what I hear you can't own property on a lake in the majority of Cali plus cost of living and taxes are pretty high there. Never been to AZ myself but the wife has and seems to want to at least consider it for relocating to. Have a few friends that have made the same move and like it down there. We are not in a place life wise to own homes in 2 different states at this time. While our summers here are growing larger and beautiful here we, are both getting tired of the same 'ole so to speak. Thanks for the insight so far.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-03-2014, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is attracting you to AZ? I spent a lot of time there this summer, and I could never live there.
I found this remark a little surprising. Yes our summers can be a bit hot , but I have grown up here and love it. Year round sun shine and wakeboarding. Our winters are something special. Perfect weather for about 5-6 months of the year. Decent ski resorts just a few hours away. There is so much this state has to offer those of us that love the out doors. Sorry to sound like a commercial but that's the way it is.

ReneR there are quite a few neighborhoods where lake front property can be had but very few that you can drop your boat in let alone swim in. Home's that do have this feature rarely come on the market and can range in value from 500K-2M. If that's out of your budget there are other options. I'm a local real estate agent and would love to answer any questions for you or send you any listings that are currently available. Feel free to shoot me an email at spencer@majesticre.com
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-03-2014, 11:39 AM Reply   
check out the Colorado river, like Havasu City, Yuma, and Bullhead City.
Old     (Jeff_L)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-03-2014, 2:22 PM Reply   
I live in N. Scottsdale, and it's 45 minutes to Bartlett and Pleasant. Bartlett has great riding and shore camping. Pleasant is more developed with hangar storage, bar, restaurant, and RV camping. There are also several lakes out east that are great for day (Saguaro, Canyon) or quick weekend (Apache, Roosevelt) trips.

To answer your original question, there are a handful of homes on small, private ski lakes in the Phoenix area. Be prepared to pay for them though. Most people trailer up to many of the surrounding lakes for day / weekend trips.

Hope this helps.