Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old     (dubwakecom)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-22-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

I wanted to inform everyone about a collegiate wakeboard tournament in Wilmington, NC Sept. 27th and 28th 2008. UNCW’s Wakeboard Club is proud to host The Eastern Regional’s for collegiate wakeboarding which allows schools from SC to Kentucky to Maine to compete for a top three position to qualify them for Collegiate Nationals in the Spring. There will be music, games and Trivia and fun for everyone not to mention a bunch of RED BULL. All you need is to be in enrolled in school and show student I.D. at registration. Please check www.DUBWAKE.COM for more information.

I have reserved 10 rooms for everyone at the Days INN off Market Street. Sorry for the RUSH on this, but if you want a room please call them and reserve a room by Tuesday night Sept. 23. They will cancel all rooms not taken by Wednesday. The cost per night is 59.88 plus tax it's the cheapest in town that I could find.

Days INN
5040 Market Street
US 17 & US 74
Wilmington, NC 28405 US
Phone: 910-799-6300

Registration will begin promptly at 8:00 am. on Saturday morning, and hopefully begin riding around 9 or 9:30. Please check www.Dubwake.com for information about the tournament including our points system. We will have RED BULL and Water on hand for everyone as well as some food around lunch time. Food will be brought by THE BEACH HOUSE and will be limited for riders only. There will also be games such as Trivia which will be kept track of to award the school with the most points at the end of the day with some prizes possibly cash!!

Friday Night for those in town we will be hanging out at Front Street Brewery to catch a local band and meet some people from different schools. The past president of Collegiate Wake Association Chris Beckman and I will be on hand to talk about any collegiate activity for wakeboarding. Please let this be a time to talk about organization for Clubs/Teams around the East Coast. We need to appoint a new Eastern Regional Director please email me some possible nominees and or volunteers interested in taking on this position.

Saturday Night we will be heading out to The Beach House after the contest for dinner and refreshments. There will be a band outside as well as a DJ inside. There will be a full menu before 10:00 and partial menu after 10. The age limit is 18 and up after 10. I have made previous plans with the owner and he is excited to have us here. There are surf boards and wakeboards on the wall, not to mention the place is big and pretty cool. Pool tables and Arcade games TOO!!!

Please if you have any further questions contact me, and please don't forget to email confirmations.
Also it might not be a bad IDEA to go ahead and get a USA Wakeboard membership. We will have forms and information at the site, but is way easier to fill out online.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing all of you,

Fabian Ashley
V.P.UNCW Wakeboard Club
Executive Director of Collegiate Wake Association

Sponsors: RED BULL, THE BEACH HOUSE Bar and Grill, CHOPLIN MARINE, RIP CURL, SMITH, UNCW WAKEBOARD CLUB