Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-16-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=817323

If yuou ask me it's one sick looking ride and worth calling on. I am inclined to believe deal as I have come cross some things for sale when crazy things happen
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-16-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
It looks as though it is a saltwater boat and it has quite a few hours. I would just have it checked out real good.
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-16-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
it might be legit. fill out the little thing at the bottom requesting more info. if it is a scam Onlyinboards will send you an e mail.

my thoughts is that it is legit, it has a fair amount of hours but looks to be clean!

i saw an 06 VLX on there that said it only had 50 hrs and it was only like 30K.

If you get a response telling you that the seller is has moved to spain or something, and that he/she wants to use some ebay buyers protection worth 50 k it is defiantly a scam.

I bet it is real though... the guys at onlyinboards clean up the scams pretty quick

hope this helps
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
what makes you think it was a saltwater boat. its in Baton Rouge. Thats a good hour or so from salt water and there is good water around BR. Ask them to take it to bennetts ski school. they are a MC dealer north of BR. And call them when they look at it. or hell. if you really are interested ill be in BR next week probably.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-16-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
I just guessed because I thought it was close to the salt water(I guess not though) and it has a galvanized trailer. You tell real easy if the bolts on the trailer are rusted pretty bad.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-16-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
That is a pretty sweet house it is parked in front of. I like the color combo.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-17-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
I've asked a few people who have contacted this seller via email if he/she responded. So far, none of them have reported that the seller responded to any email. if you do call the number, please let me know what you find out. I do try to keep the site free of scams... the only red flag this one puts up potentially is the price tag. The ad doesn't really have many of the other tell tale signs of an obvious scam. I can only delete an ad if I am 100% sure it is not legit.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-17-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
Somebody got a great boat at a great price if you ask me. I avg 80-100hrs a season here in the 4-5 month summer of Chicago. So if you ask me 200hr a season assuming he bought it in 05 and not in 04 isnt that bad.

Ian,
Boat was legit and it did sell. One one of the reason I leaned not a scam was because it was on your site and also because it had waaaaaaaay too much of the correct info in it. So again the boat was legit and it did sell. Talked via phone. and had a guy on another site verify the owner.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-17-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
right on, well I'll remove it then. Like I said it didn't have all the usual red flags for a scam on there. someone got a CRAZY good deal! Wow.