Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (dgreene)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-27-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
getting ready to build new boat/garage to put the tohoe and 07 210 in. would like to see some pics and any ideas anyone had. thinking about 25 wide and 30 deep with one 10ft and one 12 door or both the same. Thanks
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-27-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
Make it 26 Wide and 34 deep. Remember you have to count for the swim platform. Boat, trailer and swim platform will be around 23 - 25 feet all together. With just 30 feet, that leaves you just 5 feet behind the boat. Just my .02
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-27-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
my dad is a general contractor, and one of his close friends owns an apartment complex. so he does work there all the time.. and we have a parking spot for our boat there for dirt cheap. and the apartment owners are going to pay my dad his full rate to build a structure to completly incase the boat. haha. its pretty cool
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-27-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
ill take some better pics of ours tomorrow
Upload
Old     (dgreene)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-28-2008, 5:34 AM Reply   
Thanks keep the pics coming i need some good ideas also if anyone has board racks built on the wall. Thanks
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-28-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
These aren't the best pics but they were built with the same idea you have in mind, ease and convenience, especially after a long day/weekend enjoying the water.

I do not know how high your ceiling will be, but as you can see from the pics, you can extend the length of the angle iron to hang as high/low as you like. Currently, all of our boarding stuff is in our shed for the winter to free up space in our garage so you do not see any boarding stuff in the pics. But in the summer time, these are very handy & intended for you to be able to back your boat right in/under these and then from the inside or sundeck of your boat, hang your jackets, towels etc up. There are steel rods along the side and back to hang things from using hangers (currently have bike helmets, a couple life jackets and misc crap hanging from them). The rubber bungees on the bottom of the plywood are to hang your boards from (tuck your board under one end at a time), and then obviously up top is storage.

They were built with angle iron, some steel rods (takes some basic welding) and sub-flooring (you could get away with using something much lighter than sub-flooring)

Upload
Upload
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-28-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-28-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
I have nothing to add to this conversation other than:

Holy cow Gerald, your house is huge!

That is all; carry on.
Old     (dgreene)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-29-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
hey thanks, beautiful place, would like some wall mount board racks also.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-29-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Heres some more
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-29-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dgreene)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-29-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
just curious what are the dimension. Thanks
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-30-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
28' wide by 30' long and the front part sticks out 5'
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-30-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
Is the construction of the structure entirely brick or is there any 2x framing?
Old     (sacwake)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-30-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
i hope you're kidding about the framing
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-30-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Our boat shed is all brick, makes for a nice interior as well as probably lasting forever.
I think ours is about 19' x 28', which could be a bit bigger. Boat and jet ski fit fine, as do a couple dirt bikes, and a diesel generator, but I've been thinking about a golf cart or Rhino, and it could get a bit crowded in there.
Upload
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-31-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
Here is my "cheap" boat garage. 18X32 with 14ft wide X 12 foot tall roll-up door. Pre-fab on existing concrete slab. Total cost less that $8500, 4 years ago. Sorry about the mess, winter time not keeping it very clean inside.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
George,

Could you insulate something like that? I'd like to have a stick built shed, but I think I'd save quite a bit by going pre fab metal.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-31-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Shawn,

My biggest regret is that I did not buy the insulation package with the original purchase. It was a $1500 add-on. The "factory" style insulation has to be added before you put the siding on. It is a 1/2" thick sheet product.

When purchased without the insulation package the units are not totally sealed. I have thought about adding insulation since then, it will cost more because I will have to add supports.

I don't think you can stick build for double the money of a prefab unit. It was going to cost close to $20K when I looked.