Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-29-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
Just figured I would see what everyone has been rockin on the water this year. For many, the season is coming to a close and I thought boosting up some playlists would stoke some people for the last few weeks. Here are a few songs that have been popular on my boat this year.

Flux Pavilion- I can't stop
The Glitch Mob- Drive it like you stole it
Ellie Goulding- Lights (Bassnectar Remix)
Freestylers- Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix)
Skrillex- Scary monsters and nice spirits
DJ Fresh- Louder (Flux Pavilion Remix)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-29-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Eric Church!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
The whole "The hundred in the hands" album. I just can't stop playing it. Heeeeelp me............
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-30-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
hey nauti210, here you go. You're very welcome in advance

MUST BE PLAYED LOUD!

Colette: Didnt mean to turn you on(smitty & coco remix)
The latin project: Brazilian love affair
Jes: Imagination(Kascade club remix)
Deadmau5 & Kaskade: I remember
Jay-J & Halo Varga with Latrice: Make my heart(Miguel migs salted remix)

TONS more where that came from. PM me if you want more San Francisco house.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-30-2011, 5:58 PM Reply   
Country... Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Montgomery Gentry, among others. Some Jack Johnson or Chili Peppers thrown in. Though usually don't have it real loud so we can talk in the boat and to riders when down. Mostly just listen to the 454 through straight pipes, even if it's a Chevy it's still good music.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-31-2011, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
Country... Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Montgomery Gentry, among others. Some Jack Johnson or Chili Peppers thrown in. Though usually don't have it real loud so we can talk in the boat and to riders when down. Mostly just listen to the 454 through straight pipes, even if it's a Chevy it's still good music.
What kind of boat do you have? My boat has a 350mag with straight pipes...it's hard to hear music over the rumble.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-31-2011, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
Just figured I would see what everyone has been rockin on the water this year. For many, the season is coming to a close and I thought boosting up some playlists would stoke some people for the last few weeks. Here are a few songs that have been popular on my boat this year.

Flux Pavilion- I can't stop
The Glitch Mob- Drive it like you stole it
Ellie Goulding- Lights (Bassnectar Remix)
Freestylers- Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix)
Skrillex- Scary monsters and nice spirits
DJ Fresh- Louder (Flux Pavilion Remix)

I love the Ellie Goulding lights remix from Bassnectar. You may like these if you haven't already heard them.

Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-31-2011, 7:10 AM Reply   
I haven't heard much else from The Glitch Mob, but "We Can Make The World Stop" is pretty good
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-31-2011, 7:50 AM Reply   
Migs- Chill stuff there. You listen to any dub?

Ben- I have never heard that Pixies remix.. pretty cool.

Cory- I didn't buy 485's to hear Jason Aldean. Dont get me wrong, I live in TX and love some good country music, but party cove ain't the place for it and it's not gonna amp me up to ride.

Thanks guys! Keep it coming!

I just DL the new David Guetta, Tha Carter IV, and the Kanye/Jay-Z Watch the Throne. All of them have some good tracks.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-31-2011, 8:00 AM Reply   
Cinema - Bennassi & Skrillex
I'll look for more later....
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-31-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
check out Chiddy Bang.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-31-2011, 8:39 AM Reply   
yeah Chiddy Bang just got some of my money. Thanks Seth!
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-31-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
Make my day ( spec a mix ) Bashy vs Napt
Limit to your love , Benassi remix by James Blake
These are a few =-)
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-31-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
Modestep
Skrillex
Deadmau5
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-31-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
What kind of boat do you have? My boat has a 350mag with straight pipes...it's hard to hear music over the rumble.
It's a Supra Saltare. 454 with a few performance improvements. It definitely has a rumble. If one more person asks "How fast does that thing go?" When I pull into the docks I'm gonna go nuts. It's an old ski boat, 50 MPH is it, but she'll get there in a hurry. It is hard to hear music over the rumble unless I crank it up, which is why I usually just leave it lower. I ride with a mix of newbies and good riders usually so it's annoying to reach over and turn the music up and down every couple minutes for a fall. I hear they make nifty things that adjust volume based on speed.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-01-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
Cory- To make up for my pervious comment, I am going to let you in on some good country. This is what Texans call red dirt music... Enjoy

Ryan Bingham- Literally every song this guy does is gold. Just search him.

Blue Edmonson- Finger on the trigger/ Fifty dollars and a flask of crown
Brandon Rhyder- Back Roads/ Between here and the front door
Chris Knight- Heart of stone/ Oil patch town/ Framed
Casey Donahew- White trash story/ Twelve gauge
Brantley Gilbert- Kick it in the sticks/ Dirt Road anthem/ My kind of party (the real versions not those fake ass Aldean ones)
Charlie Robison- My hometown/ El Cerrito place/ Small town blues
Cross Canadian Ragweed- Carney man/ Lighthouse keeper/ 42 miles/ Boys from Oklahoma
Easton Corbin- Roll with it/ A little more country than that
Sean McConnell- Lie Baby Lie/ Looking for a good time
Eleven Hundred Springs- See you in the next life/ Thunderbird will do just fine
Kyle Park- Dont look/ Baby im gone/ Look my way
Randy Rogers- Down and Out/ This time around/ Better of wrong
Toby Keith- Bullets in the gun/ Should have been a cowboy
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
Listened to Heart and Def Leppard at a concert last night....

Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-01-2011, 8:39 AM Reply   
hey deuce, lose the thumb and turn it sideways..
Old     (heidi629)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-03-2011, 12:57 AM Reply   
Love the playlist Brett!!
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-03-2011, 5:39 AM Reply   
Brett I have to second that on your playlist especially Ryan Bingham. That voice he's got mixed with his guitar gives me chills every time I turn it on. Wish I had that kind of talent.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-06-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
Thanks Heidi!

Yeah Jarrod, Bingham is a huge inspiration and such an awesome guy. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and he is a class act. Very humble. It's hard for me to listen to him and believe that he is 30! Some people really do just have old souls.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-14-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
Brett

Found this thread late but.....
Bingham is great however you forgot a couple if we are keeping it Texas. These are older but are must haves and are fun when hanging around the boat at the end of the day or a break between sets.

Pat Green - Southbound 35 / Gringo Honeymoon
Robert Earl Keen - Road Goes on Forever
Jerry Jeff Walker - Sangria Wine
Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-16-2011, 9:25 AM Reply   
HOLY GRAIL - Crsis is Utopia - Crazy good band. Kinda still underground, my band opened for them in Louisville,KY. Super nice guys. They kill it live!!! Fan for life!!!!

MEGADETH - 13

Heard part of the new METALLICA album LuLu... I'll pass...!!!!!