Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-07-2013, 6:50 AM Reply   
Selling my jl audio hd 750.1 amp. Used this to power a set of rev 10s. Amp is in perfect condition. .

350 obo plus shipping

text me for pics
214 738 7983
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-07-2013, 7:57 AM Reply   
Is this full range amp or the wide range amp. They changed in the past year?
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-07-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
Its a mono amp is all I know
Old     (txpilot83)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-07-2013, 2:54 PM Reply   
The JL750.1 should be full range. Wouldn't work well with REV10s if it was mono only.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-07-2013, 3:54 PM Reply   
Mark you are incorrect....JL just changed that amp up from a full range to a wide range about a year.

It makes a difference
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-07-2013, 4:01 PM Reply   
The full range amp which they no longer make had a freq resp from 5hz to 30khx

The new wide range amp they they sell has a freq resp from 6hz to 8 khz

I have spoken to several dealers who have damaged nice tower speakers with the new amp....best be used for sub application now.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-07-2013, 4:29 PM Reply   
I guess I should say that I have heard...can not be confirmed that those amps are causing the issues....may just be that the dealer wanted to sell more amps as well.

Could be rumor
Old     (Jake)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-07-2013, 4:30 PM Reply   
I bought the amp last December from car toys
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-07-2013, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy_smith View Post
The full range amp which they no longer make had a freq resp from 5hz to 30khx

The new wide range amp they they sell has a freq resp from 6hz to 8 khz

I have spoken to several dealers who have damaged nice tower speakers with the new amp....best be used for sub application now.
Murphy,
The dealers you spoke with are giving you some very bad information. There is no increased risk when using this amplifier with fullrange speakers. The top end roll-off is caused by the inductors used on the final stage of the output section used to filter out the analog switching frequency which is many times beyond the audio bandwidth. All fullrange Class D amplifiers use these filter inductors. Even many triple darlington Class AB amplifiers use a similar inductor in the final output stage.
The JL Audio HD1200/1 has a more limited bandwidth than the recently revised HD750/1 although the HD750/1 retains the same bandwidth rating as the HD1200/1. Many so-called Class D amplifiers and triple darlington Class AB amplifiers have a similar top end range but you are not aware of it and you can't hear it....other than the placebo effect. The difference is the position held by JL Audio and their very conservative approach. If some off-the-wall product stretches their specs, no one cares. On the other hand, if someone tests a JL Audio product, even if out of context, and it doesn't exceed all JL Audio specs then it would be a major issue receiving major criticism. So, in this case, JL Audio has been extra conservative.
We tested the latest version of the HD750/1. Very simple test. Measure the output voltage at various frequencies at the same gain. Convert voltage to decibles. It is down a couple of dB at 20 kHz into a 4-ohm load with a slightly more aggressive roll-off into a 2-ohm load. You can't hear 20 kHz in a perfect quiet room let alone outside....no way. Plus, there is no way a 1.5" to 2" tweeter diaphram that is loaded into a compression chamber (typical HLCD) is going to reproduce 20 kHz....no way.
The risk to speakers comes from the fact that this is a very powerful amplifier and beyond the continuous thermal capacity of the speakers it is being used with.
Earmark uses an HD750/1 on each Rev410 plus an HD750/1 on each Rev10 on display. It is so loud it will make you cringe on rimshots and really dynamic passages, but it is always warm and clean, and they have never burned a display speaker to date.

David
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-07-2013, 6:23 PM Reply   
Thanks David

One day I will share with you where I heard this info...person was very adamant he was correct!
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-07-2013, 10:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks David

One day I will share with you where I heard this info...person was very adamant he was correct!
You need to slap the "several" dealers who told you this, lol! Nice thread bomb, my uninformed dealer told me it wouldn't work either, I can say from first hand experience it does!

I bet it is full range due to its age, but either way its a great amp for a pair of rev 10's, GLWS.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-08-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks David

They always are.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-08-2013, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmods View Post
You need to slap the "several" dealers who told you this, lol! Nice thread bomb, my uninformed dealer told me it wouldn't work either, I can say from first hand experience it does!

I bet it is full range due to its age, but either way its a great amp for a pair of rev 10's, GLWS.

Yeah it was poor thread bomb...

Take care Bobby
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-08-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
It wasn't me!! David is correct...
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-08-2013, 8:47 AM Reply   
The only way they blew the Rev10's with a 750/1 is if they turned the 'volume control' on the amp up too high and listened to the speakers for too long while they were 'extorting'.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-08-2013, 8:37 PM Reply   
Quote:

Take care Bobby
I take it any way I can get it!