Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-09-2017, 2:34 PM Reply   
RJ and Thomas started screwing around after surfing and a video shoot we did, got out the longboard. It was definitely a crack up and a great angle for the longboard with the curlview camera still up and running.

Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       07-09-2017, 7:59 PM Reply   
That was cool...so how do 2 people get up and going on a board like that? Can't put one between your legs like a kid, lol
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-09-2017, 8:31 PM Reply   
Here is an old video we did, same board but in 2008. You can see our rope has rubber things up the length that make it easy to choke up and grab onto. We usually have the back person have the handle and the front person chokes up a bit. You can use 2 ropes, but it can be more of a hassle. If you have a rope that you can get a good grip higher up on the rope, I think that works the best.

Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       07-10-2017, 8:35 PM Reply   
Very cool man, thanks for sharing
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-12-2017, 9:23 AM Reply   
Any recommendations on a long board that wont break the bank?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-12-2017, 9:28 AM Reply   
The one you see in the picture, is super durable and its not a soft top. This is the current model:

https://www.islesurfandsup.com/surf-...arbon-innegra/

I got the 8'6" one for the boat, and it has been perfect. You can also find them used on CL in beach areas or surf shops, but you don't want a full on LB that is 9-11 feet long for a boat in my opinion. At the same time, the ones that wakesurf companies make are great fun, but you don't get the full LB feel unless you have something like this.

I bought that board in 2008, and its as good as the day I bought it, I just also bought a $50 case for it to protect it. So its a bit expensive, but lasts a long time with care.