Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-28-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
i know this is a reoccuring issue with alot of centurion owners. after reading all these post about the washy port wake, i tried everything that seemed to work for some of you, i have 200 lb lead blocks under the port side seat i moved my anchors to the port front compartment. I tried moving myself 180lbs while my girl 110lbs drove. i even hung off the side of the tower to try and lean the boat, i tried 20 21 22 23 24 25 mph i even filled only the center tank and the 400lb port sac along with the lead and me moving around on the port side. NOTHING changed it, it ruined the starboard side and still was washy. now that i know i cannot fix this problem like some of you have with weight im running out of options, oh yeah tried all the plate adjustments also.the only thing that i can do to clean up the port is to turn the boat to the left So, here is my maybe last hope, it could be a load of crap but here it is. Does everyones boat pull hard to the right if your not holding on to the wheel? my rudder is preloaded to turn right all the time so im countering it by steering slightly left to go straight. i believe that this could be the problem. im assuming that this is making my hull lean right normally creating a sweet and crisp starboard wake. i read in my manual that this is preloaded to the right from the factory to help with more accurate steering. If i could change it then when the boat steers left when i let go i would be countering by turning the wheel to the right.my next thought is that some are preloaded more than others and thats why some of u can get away with 150lbs extra, but i can;t and i know there are alot on here that can't.
I also just read a thread about an 02 xstar who changed his steering cable and now his one side wake is washed, which is making me more
determined. so, is anyone familiar with how to undo or change this preload? i am willing to try it even if it makes no sense to some of you. im desperate if this doesn't work im gonna make some nasty emails to centurion about this ridiculous prob. Or i might get to the point where i go for it with the sledge on the fins. let me here your thoughts. excuse my grammar im in a rush