Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2016, 1:29 PM Reply   
LOL at the Libs getting butt hurt, saying "Trumps Asking the Russians to Hack" LOL.
Umm I don't think it works that way LibraTards. I'm pretty sure the hacking comes weather you like it or Not, and frankly thank god for it. We know the most crooked party the DNC would have no reason to come out of the closet with this dirty information.
So much for HOPE and CHANGE and best of all TRANSPARENCY. I think Obozo got Transparancy and Hypocrisy mixed up?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-28-2016, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
It is procedure. This is what I try and get across to my government is god friends. The government has procedures. Those procedures and processes are help to a high regard from the public. With procedures and process comes slow to action. The government is not a quick actor and when they act it has a lot of momentum. Be careful of who you want to act and when. You may get the gift that keeps on giving. A city under water is not exactly a every day thing. Finding the correct process and procedures had to be a nightmare.

You need to read a book called Judgements in Managerial Decision Making. It does a great job in describing the folly of being tied to a decision and the effect escalation has on peoples judgement when sticking with a decision.

My take on it is the democrats not wanting Bush to come in was purely political. That is what has become of us. They would rather be slow to ask for help because they did not want a republican to look like a savior. They wanted to prove they had it under control and they stuck with that decision until it was clear they had to call the feds. In real time for day to day activities, that time was not to terribly slow. When you view it under the optics that people start to die in 3 days without water, it becomes a bigger deal.

Oh man. Conspiracy theories are the best.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-28-2016, 2:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
LOL at the Libs getting butt hurt, saying "Trumps Asking the Russians to Hack" LOL.
Umm I don't think it works that way LibraTards. I'm pretty sure the hacking comes weather you like it or Not, and frankly thank god for it. We know the most crooked party the DNC would have no reason to come out of the closet with this dirty information.
So much for HOPE and CHANGE and best of all TRANSPARENCY. I think Obozo got Transparancy and Hypocrisy mixed up?
So you'd be OK if the GOP got hacked? White House? Congress? Pentagon?

I mean as long as the hacks revealed stuff about how crooked Obama is, of course.
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2016, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
=doublemwa;1940858]People making $20 an hour also shouldn't live in prime SF. And yes, I'm well aware how much it is to live in an expensive state. Again, I own and pay rent in NYC.
Then you understand. They can hide $20 an hour easily. They should not live there, however they do and they do by the thousands. They will shack up then send the money out of the country. Go back and live for a while then come back. Many turn to gangs and they huge money to be made in drugs.

Quote:
BUSH ADMITTED IT! READ THE ****ING ARTICLES
Context is everything. I think this is covered in answers to other posts

Quote:
So we now know what part of the educated side of trump supporters you're on. Every rebuttal you gave is vastly flawed! From the measurability of unemployment all the way to the compromise of the Iran deal.

But let's touch a few points:

- Innocent until proven guilty right? Hillary stood trial, twice actually, and wasn't convicted of anything. Get over it! Then your republican lead with hunt put everyone else on trial for it as well. Do you understand checks and balances? If the house could have filed charges, they would have. I've asked this before, but you think a father of two who just lost his job gives a damn about emails?

- Housing prices, Don't talk me to me about your San Fran prices until you live, and own, in Manhattan. Your SF prime location will get you windowless shoebox here.

- Bankruptcy is a tool, does that make it ethical? I hold two board seats for two different tech companies. Each maintain debt but any vendor, investor, or contract is paid before bonuses. I also operate my own start-up and know better than to take out debt I can't repay, or debt that has an interest rate that will out pace revenue. Additionally, I'm fully aware and own the moral fortitude of what is at risk in any degree of bankruptcy. So if you think abusing local economies and small business with a bankruptcy while paying yourself "yuge" bonuses than you and Trump deserve each other.

-The DNC servers were hacked dumba$$, not Hillary's. Hillary was completely stupid for tying herself to that ****show in offering her a campaign job.

-Of course Oil Consumption is down, that is exactly what I said! It is directly tied to Obama's Green initiative. You're better argument is to point at the surplus. But I would shoot that down because the surplus isn't responsible for dependency, but price. Lastly, no fracking it isn't responsible. Prices drove local production which created a local surplus. And after the consumption you spoke of slowed, we're left declining local market.

-You don't think the DOW is legitimate measuring stick for the health of the american economy or GDP? That is the same as saying your personal credit rating or income to debt doesn't matter either.

When you say you don't believe these numbers, why not? what does anyone have to gain from fabricating this? It would be a better argument to say: the GOP holds the majority: 60+ house seats, 4 in the senate, 8 governors, 16 state houses. Maybe instead of blaming Obama for everything you should say, we control govt. But you haven't so I'll say it first. When you say this country is head down the rocks I'm going to ask, who's steering the ship? Clearly it's not the Dems.
You realize that oil is sold on a global commodity exchange don't you. The US producing it's own oil in record amounts is where you are quoting dependency. We produce more oil thus we are not as dependent on foreign oil.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/04/inve...ces/index.html

The fact that there is a production glut is what is driving prices. Dependency and price are two different things.

Obama's "green" policies have done nothing for that. You do realize before gas cars that the supply for oil was still high due to other by products. Gas used to be burned off until they decided to use it for automobiles. Can you actually explain what this so called green initiative has done?

On the DOW average. Those are all global companies. They are doing well because of world profit and investment. Also, American workers are forced into 401k's. Guess where that money goes? Automatic growth of the DOW. At the end of the day, the American worker does not have to be doing well for the the stock market to go up.

If you know bankruptcy is a tool then don't be shocked that a business or a private party uses it. You mean to tell me that all the businesses that your board invests in does well? I would have to call that a lie:

90% Of Startups Fail: Here's What You Need To Know About The 10%

http://www.forbes.com/sites/neilpate.../#526531bd55e1

So are 90% of the business startups crooks? Also. I don't get investment from anything. I am firmly planted in the mid to lower middle class in Cali. Only thing people are getting from me when I die is a bill. Interesting. I always found those board seat people to be crooks. Taking as much profit as they could for minimal work. I worked at a failed startup for a few years. The board guys were paid bank. Must be nice to have that gig.

I don't give government too much credit for private business. I only blame government for policy for social engineering of the private business. Business is going to do what business is going to do. Government can print money which they have and they can cut or raise their spending. That is how they control things at the government level. Business, government either removes barriers or raises them, then businesses react. I want government to be the buffer against business run amuck.
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2016, 2:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So you'd be OK if the GOP got hacked? White House? Congress? Pentagon?

I mean as long as the hacks revealed stuff about how crooked Obama is, of course.
You use a lot of words with no meaning. There is two sides to this discussion. Neither issues is easy.

Hacking is illegal. The FBI warned the DNC about the issue and they did nothing. All my personal information as well as my families is in the hands of the Chinese via the OPM breach. They know every detail, date, place lived, relative, job, contacts since I was 5 years old. So no, I don't like hacking.

On the other hand. The DNC should not have a culture of racism for votes:

referring to Latino's as Taco Bowl Engagement. You can not make this stuff up. They put on a good front, but we have spoke extensively about democrats and racism on this board. They decided to put this stuff in print. The content of the breach was enough for the head of the DNC to resign (only to be picked up by Hillary no less). Can't make that stuff up.

Allegedly there is another leak coming and it supposedly will get her indicted. How fun.

Did you hear the IRS is opening an investigation to the Clinton Foundation?
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2016, 2:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Oh man. Conspiracy theories are the best.
That is your label. Conspiracy theory is Bush did it. Sound familiar?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-28-2016, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
referring to Latino's as Taco Bowl Engagement.

Can't make that stuff up.
Given the date of that e-mail was 5/6/16, and on 5/5/16 Trump posted the picture of himself in front of a taco bowl, isn't a reasonable interpretation of that e-mail that they are trying to get engagement on the photo? Not that they are referring to latinos as taco bowls?

Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2016, 3:10 PM Reply   
There we go then. Maybe it was innocent enough.

Why did Wasserman Shultz quit?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-28-2016, 3:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
That is your label. Conspiracy theory is Bush did it. Sound familiar?
Yes. Bush being a Christian got God to thrust a hurricane upon the south. Conspiracy theory. Hillary is the cause of Benghazi. You can't have it both ways.

Good try with the taco bowl. Again, relates back to the racism of your guy.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-28-2016, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
There we go then. Maybe it was innocent enough.

Why did Wasserman Shultz quit?
Delta, I need to relish this for just a second. Have I actually convinced you on a point of argument? Woo hoo! Man if you were gonna come back at me with "no taco bowls is liberal code for hispanics and look it up in rules for radicals" I was gonna blow a gasket!

Regarding DWS, AFAIK she's out because the e-mails reveal that she personally is a POS petty dictator, and that she personally was bad mouthing Sanders, among a bunch of other petty dictator stuff.. They also show that she was trying to work a bunch of random personal favors (Biden come to my kid's bar mitsvah! Can I get some Hamilton tickets? stuff like that).

Basically her private communications that she expected to be private have been outed.

But I haven't seen anything that shows a systemic "rigging of the system" anymore than the rules already rigged the system to begin with. And that DWS was an out of touch a-hole that voted herself off the island.
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2016, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes. Bush being a Christian got God to thrust a hurricane upon the south. Conspiracy theory. Hillary is the cause of Benghazi. You can't have it both ways.

Good try with the taco bowl. Again, relates back to the racism of your guy.
You seem to blame Bush for the response even though a person with a brain knows how government response is. To your point, there were many of posts blaming Bush for the whole thing. From the levies to global warming that caused it. Glad you catching up, but you are a bit behind the discussions.

Benghazi does not bother me so much except the administration running guns out of there and trying to keep it quite. Oh....And the very big tidbit where Hillary went on national television and blamed the attack on a YouTube video by a middle eastern man here in the US and then drug his A$$ off to jail as the world watched. So I take that back. Benghazi was a big deal. It was another Hillary lie where someone got hurt.

Interesting Trump hanging out with Sharpton and Jackson and other minorities for years wasn't racist, however running as a Republican makes him one? You are a hack.

BTW since when has my guy Ben Carson been a racist?

Last edited by deltahoosier; 07-28-2016 at 3:28 PM.
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2016, 3:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Delta, I need to relish this for just a second. Have I actually convinced you on a point of argument? Woo hoo! Man if you were gonna come back at me with "no taco bowls is liberal code for hispanics and look it up in rules for radicals" I was gonna blow a gasket!

Regarding DWS, AFAIK she's out because the e-mails reveal that she personally is a POS petty dictator, and that she personally was bad mouthing Sanders, among a bunch of other petty dictator stuff.. They also show that she was trying to work a bunch of random personal favors (Biden come to my kid's bar mitsvah! Can I get some Hamilton tickets? stuff like that).

Basically her private communications that she expected to be private have been outed.

But I haven't seen anything that shows a systemic "rigging of the system" anymore than the rules already rigged the system to begin with. And that DWS was an out of touch a-hole that voted herself off the island.
Relish away. I have no axes to bear. Have to feed you guys one or two or you may think I am one sided.

Do you find it odd that one corrupt politician just made a disgraced dishonest politician the head of her campaign? How do you think this is going to play out for making Hillary look less crooked to the normal people and the Bernie supporters?
Old    bigdtx            07-28-2016, 3:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
my guy Ben Carson
LOL - my day (Today) has been made.

If there was anyone less qualified than Trump (and that's a VERY low bar) it's Carson.

I got a good laugh out of this one.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       07-28-2016, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Then you understand. They can hide $20 an hour easily. They should not live there, however they do and they do by the thousands. They will shack up then send the money out of the country. Go back and live for a while then come back. Many turn to gangs and they huge money to be made in drugs.

Context is everything. I think this is covered in answers to other posts

You realize that oil is sold on a global commodity exchange don't you. The US producing it's own oil in record amounts is where you are quoting dependency. We produce more oil thus we are not as dependent on foreign oil.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/04/inve...ces/index.html

The fact that there is a production glut is what is driving prices. Dependency and price are two different things.

Obama's "green" policies have done nothing for that. You do realize before gas cars that the supply for oil was still high due to other by products. Gas used to be burned off until they decided to use it for automobiles. Can you actually explain what this so called green initiative has done?

On the DOW average. Those are all global companies. They are doing well because of world profit and investment. Also, American workers are forced into 401k's. Guess where that money goes? Automatic growth of the DOW. At the end of the day, the American worker does not have to be doing well for the the stock market to go up.

If you know bankruptcy is a tool then don't be shocked that a business or a private party uses it. You mean to tell me that all the businesses that your board invests in does well? I would have to call that a lie:

90% Of Startups Fail: Here's What You Need To Know About The 10%

http://www.forbes.com/sites/neilpate.../#526531bd55e1

So are 90% of the business startups crooks? Also. I don't get investment from anything. I am firmly planted in the mid to lower middle class in Cali. Only thing people are getting from me when I die is a bill. Interesting. I always found those board seat people to be crooks. Taking as much profit as they could for minimal work. I worked at a failed startup for a few years. The board guys were paid bank. Must be nice to have that gig.

I don't give government too much credit for private business. I only blame government for policy for social engineering of the private business. Business is going to do what business is going to do. Government can print money which they have and they can cut or raise their spending. That is how they control things at the government level. Business, government either removes barriers or raises them, then businesses react. I want government to be the buffer against business run amuck.
Dude, you are agreeing with me! LOL Low oil dependance, high DOW, job growth, times are good, thanks Obama.

We've done well, but I'm not going say anyone is "making bank". All companies turn a profit, some faster than others. Yeah, its a good gig. Why look for a job when you make a job. I'll vet my companies stats: We're just over 12 months in business and generate 15K a month in revenue at a average of 58% EBDI margins. We started with $36K of debt and currently have $16K on the books at APR of 8%. I have 4 contractors, 3 entry-level full timers and an attorney that I owe money to every month. They have invested in us and because I have an agreement with them I will not declare bankruptcy, period. If you've done the math then you see that we work on a very narrow margin of "make or break", just like all start-ups. So yes, 90% of start-ups do go out of business. Most of which didn't start with a $1M interest free gift from daddy. I'll shut, or vote to, shut any company down and go flip hamburgers until every debt is paid. Anyone we enter into an agreement with deserves better than bankruptcy. Bankruptcy might be legal, but it is far, far from ethical.

As for $20 on the books, every quarter I have to balance my contractors and prove that the money brought in pre-taxed is accounted for on the way out. Same as it is in California.

The DOW was above 1800 during Clinton, dropped to 600 during Bush, and is now back to 1800 under Obama. So i'll ask again: When you say "Make America Great Again" just what time period are you talking about?

Or is it the conservative model: when things are good it's no ones fault, when things are bad it's the liberals.
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2016, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdtx View Post
LOL - my day (Today) has been made.

If there was anyone less qualified than Trump (and that's a VERY low bar) it's Carson.

I got a good laugh out of this one.
At least he is a brain surgeon. Obama only held a seat in congress for a year and a half and voted present every time. Talk about lack of qualifications.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2016, 5:09 PM Reply   
I am still waiting for Scooby Doo and Mystery Inc to come out and take off Trump's mask so he can then say that he suckered everyone! Seriously, it seems like he is just throwing stuff out there to see how far he can go before people will stop following him.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-28-2016, 5:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
I am still waiting for Scooby Doo and Mystery Inc to come out and take off Trump's mask so he can then say that he suckered everyone! Seriously, it seems like he is just throwing stuff out there to see how far he can go before people will stop following him.
Lol, some days I agree...
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2016, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
Dude, you are agreeing with me! LOL Low oil dependance, high DOW, job growth, times are good, thanks Obama.

We've done well, but I'm not going say anyone is "making bank". All companies turn a profit, some faster than others. Yeah, its a good gig. Why look for a job when you make a job. I'll vet my companies stats: We're just over 12 months in business and generate 15K a month in revenue at a average of 58% EBDI margins. We started with $36K of debt and currently have $16K on the books at APR of 8%. I have 4 contractors, 3 entry-level full timers and an attorney that I owe money to every month. They have invested in us and because I have an agreement with them I will not declare bankruptcy, period. If you've done the math then you see that we work on a very narrow margin of "make or break", just like all start-ups. So yes, 90% of start-ups do go out of business. Most of which didn't start with a $1M interest free gift from daddy. I'll shut, or vote to, shut any company down and go flip hamburgers until every debt is paid. Anyone we enter into an agreement with deserves better than bankruptcy. Bankruptcy might be legal, but it is far, far from ethical.

As for $20 on the books, every quarter I have to balance my contractors and prove that the money brought in pre-taxed is accounted for on the way out. Same as it is in California.

The DOW was above 1800 during Clinton, dropped to 600 during Bush, and is now back to 1800 under Obama. So i'll ask again: When you say "Make America Great Again" just what time period are you talking about?

Or is it the conservative model: when things are good it's no ones fault, when things are bad it's the liberals.
I am not agreeing with you. Your reasoning for lower dependency was not based on production but on Obama's magic "green" policy. They did it in spite of his policy.

Dependency is lower because of private industry figured out technology that the Obama administration wants to shut down. We are pumping more domestically than we ever have. The article I linked for you talks about surplus production from the middle east trying to squeeze out US producers. That is the lower cost portion. Remember, your boy Obama has been trying to shut down and tax the carbon producing industry. I don't even know how you can type that with a straight face.

You must not be that good at the books if you don't understand how the stock market works.

Clinton up due to investment in the tech sector during Reagan era. Plenty of investments were made globally into high tech. That finally crashed at the end of Clinton's presidency.

Clinton removed the hurdles of investment banking and housing. He also officially signed NAFTA. Bush rode the housing market and the banking fiasco out until until that crashed at the end of his presidency. Bush in acted TARP prior to leaving office.

Obama. What policy has he produced? Congress pretty much did not pass a new budget during his whole time in office. They used continuing resolutions. Only thing I have seen Obama due was give Iran a head start to a nuclear bomb, continue a war in Afghanistan, shut down the coal industry, bring in terrorists, create ISIS, create BLM.....

I think I would like to go back to the Reagan years. The one where we loved our country and it was us being the light of the world and we believed in us.
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2016, 5:23 PM Reply   
Like you said, if I want I can say Republicans were in charge of congress during Clinton and during Obama. Democrats in charge during Bush. It can work both ways.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-28-2016, 7:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think I would like to go back to the Reagan years.
If you can find a way to get there I'm sure some of us would chip in. Even more if you take your "tard" bro.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-28-2016, 8:11 PM Reply   
Quote:

You must not be that good at the books if you don't understand how the stock market works.
He has shown a much higher knowledge of the subject than you. You must not own the books in the first place. Explaining how the DOW works is like telling a grown man how to count on his fingers.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2016, 10:05 PM Reply   
Total bomb by Killdabeast tonight. After disingenuously attempting to rip off some of Trump's and Sanders' platforms, she spoke to the low information crowd as usual (who are most likely the only ones that bought it). No wonder she hasn't done any press conferences. Even slick Willy can't save this train wreck. Buh bye, Killdabeast! Nice try on wearing white as though you're innocent too! The rest of us THINKING Americans know better than to buy your BS.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2016, 10:22 PM Reply   
Did any of you think Jo Biden was gonna have a heart attack giving his speech the other night. Dude was yelling like a old Coger. Malarkey!!!!!' LOL
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-29-2016, 5:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Total bomb by Killdabeast tonight. After disingenuously attempting to rip off some of Trump's and Sanders' platforms, she spoke to the low information crowd as usual (who are most likely the only ones that bought it). No wonder she hasn't done any press conferences. Even slick Willy can't save this train wreck. Buh bye, Killdabeast! Nice try on wearing white as though you're innocent too! The rest of us THINKING Americans know better than to buy your BS.
"Train wreck"? She'll be leading Trump after the polling starts this weekend and has over a 90% chance of winning the WH. When Kasich chose not to show up for the RNC, Trump's chances of winning Ohio became more grim. I don't think Trump has any path to winning without Ohio. Listen, you can believe that Trump is going to win and all of his other nonsense, but if for one second you believe that Trump is going to win with ease, you are the poster child for the "low information crowd".
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-29-2016, 5:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
On the other hand. The DNC should not have a culture of racism for votes:

referring to Latino's as Taco Bowl Engagement. You can not make this stuff up. They put on a good front, but we have spoke extensively about democrats and racism on this board. They decided to put this stuff in print. The content of the breach was enough for the head of the DNC to resign (only to be picked up by Hillary no less). Can't make that stuff up.

Allegedly there is another leak coming and it supposedly will get her indicted. How fun.

Did you hear the IRS is opening an investigation to the Clinton Foundation?
You just "made that stuff up".

Trump voters have a next-level bout of selective amnesia.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-29-2016, 5:17 AM Reply   
Definitely will be a close race. A lot of people, for whatever reason, believe in the ACA tax, having more men in the women's bathroom, paying more taxes, and disarming America. I remember when Obama promised to repair our infrastructure, Today, anyway, she has reversed her stance on the Trans-Pacific Partnership free-trade agreement (TPP).
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-29-2016, 5:19 AM Reply   
Forgot to post this http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/29/fact-...ns-speech.html
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-29-2016, 5:34 AM Reply   
10 QUESTIONS for HILLARY ................
(1). "When you left the White House after your husband’s last term as president, why did you steal $200,000.00 worth of furniture, china, and artwork? And why did you tell the public that you ‘returned it’ when you only brought back $27,000 of it?

(2). Mrs. Clinton, when you were Secretary of State, why did you solicit contributions from foreign governments, (muslim princes donated multi-millions and got favors in return) for the Clinton Foundation after you promised President Obama you would not?

(3). Mrs. Clinton, why do you and your husband claim to contribute millions of dollars to charity for a tax write off when it goes directly into your Clinton Foundation which only gives out 10% of the funds to charitable purposes and you pocket the balance to support yourself tax free? What does your daughter Chelsea do there for her 3 million dollar yearly salary?

(4). Mrs. Clinton, why are you unable to account for 6 billion dollars of State department funds that seem to have disappeared while you were Secretary of State?

(5). Mrs. Clinton why did you say you were broke when you left the White House, but purchased a 5 million home, built an addition for the secret service, and charge the tax payers of the United States $15,000.00 a month for their rent, an amount that pays your the entire mortgage?

(6). Mrs. Clinton why did you lie to the American people about the terrorist attack in Benghazi, but managed to tell the truth to your daughter that same night it happened?

(7). Mrs Clinton were you and your husband disbarred from practicing law? Answer: In 1996, Landmark Legal Foundation filed a complaint asking the court to disbar Hillary Clinton for violating the Arkansas code of conduct, (which requires lawyers to act with honesty and integrity) for her actions in the Whitewater scandal cover up. Hillary’s law license was suspended in 2002 for failing to complete her continuing legal education requirements. Bill Clinton was convicted by a grand jury for perjury and obstruction of justice to which he was impeached by the House of Representatives and disbarred from practicing as an attorney. He has been accused by a dozens of women for rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment. He settled out of court for $850.000 in one case. Hillary has him out on her campaign trail championing for her theme of feminism and "women's rights". What a blasphemy. Neither one has enough integrity to hold onto a law license.

(8). Mrs Clinton, why did you say, “I do not recall,” “I have no recollection,” and “I don’t know” 56 times while testifying under oath during the Starr investigations.

(9). Mrs Clinton, what Really happened to Ron Brown when he was about to testify against you and your husband?

(10). Mrs. Clinton what really happened to law partner Vince Foster? No way he committed suicide.

CNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, I know that the answers to any of these questions don’t matter to you, you would support her regardless of whether she was guilty of murder, embezzlement, money laundering, and I could go on and on. The Democrat’s and liberal’s moto is, “DON’T CONFUSE ME WITH THE FACTS – MY MIND IS MADE UP.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-29-2016, 5:40 AM Reply   
Her "overpromises" from her acceptance speech are really pretty benign compared to Trump's (build a wall, muslim ban, repeal obamacare and replace it with something great, workplace equality for women (where'd that come from?!)), but the one I personally find troubling is a promise to appoint supreme court justices who will "get money out of politics."

I'm no defender of Citizens United and I think it was a terrible mistake by the Supremes. But I also don't want the President picking and congress appointing justices based on their stance on a single issue. Same goes for a Roe v. Wade litmus test. Many more complicated and important issues that will face the court and some of those issues will be of the sort nobody can predict. Fun Fact: Justice Kennedy, the author of the majority opinion in Citizens United was also the author of the majority opinion in Obergefell (marriage equality).

So anyhow, I sorta saw that as an "overpromise." Otherwise, all of the fact checking I've seen on the Clinton speech is really pretty flattering to her.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-29-2016, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
10 QUESTIONS for HILLARY ................

. . . . .

– MY MIND IS MADE UP.
LOL, Dave, that didn't seem like a cut-n-paste at ALL!

On #7, tho.... dude, letting her ticket go by not completing CLE is a lot different (A LOT) than Bill being actively disbarred. Like there's no comparison.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-29-2016, 5:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
LOL, Dave, that didn't seem like a cut-n-paste at ALL!

On #7, tho.... dude, letting her ticket go by not completing CLE is a lot different (A LOT) than Bill being actively disbarred. Like there's no comparison.

Completely cut and paste from a friend. I figured I would post on here in the midst of our talk....
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       07-29-2016, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Like you said, if I want I can say Republicans were in charge of congress during Clinton and during Obama. Democrats in charge during Bush. It can work both ways.
I'm not arguing you on root causes. No matter what happens that is bad, you guys blame Obama. Now that things are good you can't stomach giving any credit. Let me pharse this a different way. When you say "Make America Great Again" you're implying it isn't great now. I gave you a list of reasons that it is better now, under Obama, than it was under Bush. Implying America is currently "Great". So I ask you, what time period are you referring to when you say "again"

So yes it goes both ways, if America isn't great now is it congresses fault. But if you want to look at them. How would one explain this:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189848/no...-approval.aspx
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-29-2016, 12:46 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-29-2016, 2:24 PM Reply   
100% Delta voted Arnold in Total Recall.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-29-2016, 4:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I'm curious about this. It appears Clinton is being embraced by Obama and Trump embraced by a shirt off working class American? If so it should scare the **** out of Liberals...

With the median income down from 56k to 52k under the current administration and they all can vote? Just saying...
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-29-2016, 4:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
I'm curious about this. It appears Clinton is being embraced by Obama and Trump embraced by a shirt off working class American? If so it should scare the **** out of Liberals...

With the median income down from 56k to 52k under the current administration and they all can vote? Just saying...
LOLOLOLOLOL

I almost don't even wanna say it. But that is not working class American. That's Putin.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-29-2016, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
LOLOLOLOLOL

I almost don't even wanna say it. But that is not working class American. That's Putin.
OK, that makes sense. Thanks. Didn't understand what the message was.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-29-2016, 5:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
OK, that makes sense. Thanks. Didn't understand what the message was.
Gotta love that they even got Trump's mini hands correct.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-29-2016, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think I would like to go back to the Reagan years. The one where we loved our country and it was us being the light of the world and we believed in us.
Back when taxes were higher and before anyone was worried about liberal media bias, or vast right wing conspiracies.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-29-2016, 5:44 PM Reply   
OK, I'm just going to lay this out.

Everyone here knows I'm a conservative. This thread is mostly "I'm a liberal and I'm right vs I'm a conservative and I'm right".

My vision of America is a country where your dreams can come true. Land of the free and the home of the brave... right?

I make a (what I consider) a pretty good income. I work for a huge corporation and while not disclosing my income, I paid over 80k in federal income tax last year. I know some here will say that's not ****, while others will say I'm rich....

My beef is... I worked my ass off to get to my income level and I'm not happy to see politicians happy to tax the **** out of me and give it away to people who don't have any drive to work hard. Under Sanders plan my FIT would be 50%... I LOVE this country but I am also a firm believer in you get what you work for. No "I am entitled to this or that". My father grew up as a farmer and worked his butt off to build a business outside farming. He was able to retire with a decent income from working his rear off. I am almost half a century old and I have done the same. My wife is working 80 hour weeks as an ICU nurse. That's right, 80 per WEEK. I work overtime every week in my industry too.

What bothers me is all the "free" stuff liberals want. It's not free. It's gonna tax the **** out of guys like me to give it to others. I worked 2 jobs to get through college and picked my major VERY carefully. You really want to tell every 17 and 18 yo that they can just "pick" a major and it's free? BS in European farts....

Illegal immigrants...

Why not establish a system using Global Entry we have now. Allow foreign workers to apply for the system in their own country? No felons allowed. They are given a card with their photo exactly like Global Entry. They can work in the US for 6 months at a time. No mass deportation needed. Enforce laws that catch anyone HIRING an undocumented worker at 10k per person plus the possibility of 2 years of imprisonment. Next any worker in the program convicted of a felony disqualified from the program. Last, tax their income and make them buy their own healthcare while here. Think about it. They come here and send money home. Why not make it advantageous for both parties involved?

Second Amendment...

I think we can learn from the Swiss. Don't try to take away my 2nd amendment rights. I'll vote for a can of dog food before someone who has that agenda. This country was started because patriots rebelled against England. If not for the 3% who actually fought literally with their lives, we might still be part of England.

....flame on.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-29-2016, 6:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
OK, I'm just going to lay this out.

Everyone here knows I'm a conservative. This thread is mostly "I'm a liberal and I'm right vs I'm a conservative and I'm right".

My vision of America is a country where your dreams can come true. Land of the free and the home of the brave... right?

I make a (what I consider) a pretty good income. I work for a huge corporation and while not disclosing my income, I paid over 80k in federal income tax last year. I know some here will say that's not ****, while others will say I'm rich....

My beef is... I worked my ass off to get to my income level and I'm not happy to see politicians happy to tax the **** out of me and give it away to people who don't have any drive to work hard. Under Sanders plan my FIT would be 50%... I LOVE this country but I am also a firm believer in you get what you work for. No "I am entitled to this or that". My father grew up as a farmer and worked his butt off to build a business outside farming. He was able to retire with a decent income from working his rear off. I am almost half a century old and I have done the same. My wife is working 80 hour weeks as an ICU nurse. That's right, 80 per WEEK. I work overtime every week in my industry too.

What bothers me is all the "free" stuff liberals want. It's not free. It's gonna tax the **** out of guys like me to give it to others. I worked 2 jobs to get through college and picked my major VERY carefully. You really want to tell every 17 and 18 yo that they can just "pick" a major and it's free? BS in European farts....

Illegal immigrants...

Why not establish a system using Global Entry we have now. Allow foreign workers to apply for the system in their own country? No felons allowed. They are given a card with their photo exactly like Global Entry. They can work in the US for 6 months at a time. No mass deportation needed. Enforce laws that catch anyone HIRING an undocumented worker at 10k per person plus the possibility of 2 years of imprisonment. Next any worker in the program convicted of a felony disqualified from the program. Last, tax their income and make them buy their own healthcare while here. Think about it. They come here and send money home. Why not make it advantageous for both parties involved?

Second Amendment...

I think we can learn from the Swiss. Don't try to take away my 2nd amendment rights. I'll vote for a can of dog food before someone who has that agenda. This country was started because patriots rebelled against England. If not for the 3% who actually fought literally with their lives, we might still be part of England.

....flame on.
First, I'm against most things Bernie proposed. 2nd. I'm actually not all that excited about Hillary, but to me Trump is pure evil. So thats that.

For some reason though I feel the right thinks that all of their tax money goes straight into a crack pipe. And that is simply not true. There are so many things in this country that need more money. Look at our police for example. They're underpaid, undertrained, and usually have to resort to taking people who probably shouldn't be in that profession due it being such an unattractive profession. College, everybody should have a right to further their education without going bankrupt. Private institutions, fine, charge what you want. But state funded schools should be cheaper. It's like an 18 year trial of a subscription then saying you have to pay 50,000 to continue. There are programs that absolutely need more tax money, yet you guys always want to cut funding on them.

That is awesome you were able to do all that and make a life for yourself along with your wife. I know people who did all of the same, yet still think giving money into government funded programs is the right thing to do. Perspective again. Hard to change ideology on that because it has usually been ingrained into somebody throughout their life like from your father. There are some people who truly are just lazy and want a handout. I get it. There are also some people who have worked 2-3 jobs just to keep the lights on that need those food stamps for their kids. Much like 2nd amendment people say, "That was just one bad apple, were not all like that".

I don't really have that many issues with a harder stance on immigration.

Switzerland forces their citizens to serve in the militia. They are incredibly trained on how to use guns and comfortable with them. If you guys want guns, then go serve in the army. Then have at it. I will be 100% with a law requiring gun owners to be ex-military. You're starting to see the effects of the right to bear arms against the government in the BLM movement killing police. It isn't pretty, but what do you think it would look like?
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-29-2016, 6:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
First, I'm against most things Bernie proposed. 2nd. I'm actually not all that excited about Hillary, but to me Trump is pure evil. So thats that.

For some reason though I feel the right thinks that all of their tax money goes straight into a crack pipe. And that is simply not true. There are so many things in this country that need more money. Look at our police for example. They're underpaid, undertrained, and usually have to resort to taking people who probably shouldn't be in that profession due it being such an unattractive profession. College, everybody should have a right to further their education without going bankrupt. Private institutions, fine, charge what you want. But state funded schools should be cheaper. It's like an 18 year trial of a subscription then saying you have to pay 50,000 to continue. There are programs that absolutely need more tax money, yet you guys always want to cut funding on them.

That is awesome you were able to do all that and make a life for yourself along with your wife. I know people who did all of the same, yet still think giving money into government funded programs is the right thing to do. Perspective again. Hard to change ideology on that because it has usually been ingrained into somebody throughout their life like from your father. There are some people who truly are just lazy and want a handout. I get it. There are also some people who have worked 2-3 jobs just to keep the lights on that need those food stamps for their kids. Much like 2nd amendment people say, "That was just one bad apple, were not all like that".

I don't really have that many issues with a harder stance on immigration.

Switzerland forces their citizens to serve in the militia. They are incredibly trained on how to use guns and comfortable with them. If you guys want guns, then go serve in the army. Then have at it. I will be 100% with a law requiring gun owners to be ex-military. You're starting to see the effects of the right to bear arms against the government in the BLM movement killing police. It isn't pretty, but what do you think it would look like?
OK, so you think it's fair for me to give 50% of my income to the government? What is my motivation to try to earn so much money knowing a full 1/2 will go to any current agenda the current POTIS has? Why not sit on my ass and make less and pay in less?

You think anyone pro 2nd amendment is an idiot with no formal training? Just a bunch of drunk incompetent rednecks with guns?

What training would you guess I have?

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 07-29-2016 at 6:48 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-29-2016, 7:25 PM Reply   
A good movie to watch is "Hillary's America" . You will get a great education about Hillary as well as the Democratic party. Some may be shocked others will cry foul. Just fact check everything you see then panic.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-29-2016, 9:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
OK, so you think it's fair for me to give 50% of my income to the government? What is my motivation to try to earn so much money knowing a full 1/2 will go to any current agenda the current POTIS has? Why not sit on my ass and make less and pay in less?
When did you give 50% of your income? Not even Bill Gates did that. You must be doing quite well to have your own tax bracket. Especially in Texas.

In all seriousness, this just breaks down to ideology. Does economic growth happen from tax cuts or from government spending? I for one don't want to go back to the 2000's. Maybe you do though.

The right is always the first to say "Lets take care of our guys! Blue lives matter!". But only if it doesn't come outta your pocket. I know this got brought up recently, look at the voting for paying the 9/11 responders. Striking difference.

Quote:

I think we can learn from the Swiss.
You said you want to learn from the Swiss. Make everybody serve in the military then. That's fine. Like I said, I am 100% fine with having to serve in the military to have guns. I don't think everybody with a gun is incompetent. But there are plenty of youtube videos to prove were nowhere near the Swiss in that department.

If you have good training, good on ya. Most people don't. You will need a lot more of it if you wanted to actually take on The United States military like our forefathers did. They did it in a time where the enemy stood out in an empty field. It would be a little different now. But hey, BLM is using their constitutional rights at the moment to fight against the government.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-30-2016, 5:38 AM Reply   
You know mandatory military service might actually be a great idea. It would give structure to kids and teach them patriotism. I agree there are idiots out there with guns. I just don't know how to fix that part. I think if they served, then they would just be an idiot with a gun that's served his or her country...lol.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-30-2016, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
You know mandatory military service might actually be a great idea. It would give structure to kids and teach them patriotism. I agree there are idiots out there with guns. I just don't know how to fix that part. I think if they served, then they would just be an idiot with a gun that's served his or her country...lol.
Vanilla, as others have said if you are paying 90k in taxes but only making 180k, you really need to speak with an accountant. Seems like there's prolly some low hanging fruit on the deductions side that you are missing.

Regarding guns -- My views have really evolved on this issue in the past five years or so. I'm still not a gun owner and I still think that there are far too many guns out there. I also still believe that many of the rationales for gun ownership are borne of a distorted worldview that's unsupported by facts (i.e. we should have CCW holders dropping criminals like flies if some folks were to be believed).

But I also realize that the crushing number of gun owners do so safely and don't go on crime sprees. It's an issue like abortion that will never see a sea change in my lifetime (if sandy hook couldn't do it nothing ever will). I don't live in fear of being held up by a criminal with a gun and I don't feel unsafe because my neighbors have guns. Though their "Obama wants my guns" paranoia in and of itself a little disturbing. I

t's also REAL disingenuous to me that we can't assess guns from a public health perspective. Something like 2/3 of gun deaths are suicides. And gun rights advocates use that fact to say "see, not really that many murders when you look close." But aren't those suicides a problem? About the same number of people die each year from prescription opiate ODs and apparently people on all sides agree that THAT is an epidemic that needs to be addressed. But we've actually got laws place that prohibit the CDC from even assessing guns from a public health perspective, and Congress has refused to budget even a paltry $10M to study the issue.

But in short, I don't want your guns. You guys can keep them. It's OK, really. I totally get how they are fun to own and fun to mod and it's a fun way to own some bling. My vice is high $$$ bicycles, another frivolous extravagance.

Just please don't blame it on ISIS or access to mental health when the next guy legally acquires a gun and shoots up some cops or clubbers or classmates or his coworkers. That's the risk of free and legal access to guns, just like how where fireworks are legal a few fires get started and a few people blow their fingers off every year. And if we are being honest, mass shootings, as horrific as they are, pose about the same real threat to my life as a shark attack or lightning strike. Just not something to get real worked up about (though maybe a little sad that our culture sees that these things DO happen and really doesn't do much to counteract them).

Common sense immigration reform? Honestly who ISN'T for that? I don't think anyone but the fringiest of the fringe wants us to just open our borders. By the same token, we also need to realize that the vast majority of people who make the decision to come here are doing it because they want to make a better life for their families. Something that immigrants have been doing here since before our country was founded. Making people who are already here taxpaying citizens with a real stake in the country's future (or at least giving them a path to get there) would certainly be better that the status quo or the economic and social upheaval that would come with mass deportations and a "Great Wall" on our southern border.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-30-2016, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'd say you are telling us a fairy tale.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-30-2016, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Mandatory training and making it harder to obtain would weed out a lot of the idiots. Like I said, I'm not crazy gung-ho about getting rid of every gun. I just feel they should be harder to get. Like really hard.

The only issue with mandatory military service with America is that we are always actually in a conflict. A lot of those guys come back pretty screwed up and rightfully so with the stuff they go through over there. Again, go look at the Bush administration on spending for our Vets vs Obama. Obama has put in a lot of things for our veterans, while Bush cut back. Another example of your tax dollars not going into a crack pipe. But Bush is the one who appears in a fighter pilot suit saying mission accomplished.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ects/veterans/
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-30-2016, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
You know mandatory military service might actually be a great idea.
We had that once and the govt murdered 50K Americans for no reason at all. Instead I suggest that if America wants to go to war we should draft both women and men over the age of 30. Starting with those of the average age of Congress. Or better yet starting with those in Congress that vote yes. Then we'll see how long that war lasts. I'm predicting about 4 weeks.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-30-2016, 9:19 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-30-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
A good movie to watch is "Hillary's America" . You will get a great education about Hillary as well as the Democratic party. Some may be shocked others will cry foul. Just fact check everything you see then panic.
Is that the same guy that made 2016? How much of that came to fruition?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-30-2016, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Is that the same guy that made 2016? How much of that came to fruition?
He's not saying what will happen. He's pointing out verifiable facts. Then you can come to your own conclusion. It's not the news, it's history.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-30-2016, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
He's not saying what will happen. He's pointing out verifiable facts. Then you can come to your own conclusion. It's not the news, it's history.
He also spun a lot of facts in the Obama one too. The guy just spews sh*t out of his mouth and feeds it to conservatives. Conservative propaganda at its finest! If I were to make a movie with dramatic effects about Trump I'm sure it would make that guy look even more evil then he already is. I heard a lot of that Hillary movie talks about democrats back when they were the right. The parties switched. read a book.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-30-2016, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
He also spun a lot of facts in the Obama one too. The guy just spews sh*t out of his mouth and feeds it to conservatives. Conservative propaganda at its finest! If I were to make a movie with dramatic effects about Trump I'm sure it would make that guy look even more evil then he already is. I heard a lot of that Hillary movie talks about democrats back when they were the right. The parties switched. read a book.
Spoken like a true blue butt hurt liberal. Face it. Your candidate is WAY worse than ours. Lol. So sad to say that..... What a commentary on our current state when the only thing we can brag about is that our guy is not as bad as the other one.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-30-2016, 5:51 PM Reply   
This election takes that normal state of affairs to an extreme.

Honestly though, why does Trump continue to be so small and undignified? Not to mention out of touch? Does he really think he has sacrificed, or does he just not have a clue what to say?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e2e15eb61dd9

In an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that was published Saturday, Trump said he had sacrificed a lot in his life.

“I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I’ve done― I’ve had― I’ve had tremendous success. I think I’ve done a lot.”

“Those are sacrifices?” Stephanopoulos interjected.

“Oh sure, I think they’re sacrifices,” Trump said, going on to tout his work to help build the Vietnam War memorial in Manhattan and raising money for veterans’ charities.

Trump’s business record isn’t as great as he claims. The mogul has also preyed on poor people by urging them to spend their money on Trump University ― a series of real-estate seminars that New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has called “straight up fraud.” Two years before the 2008 housing market crash in which millions lost their homes, Trump rooted for the market to collapse. He has also been incredibly stingy with charities, making several false promises to donate money. He donated $1 million to charity in May, several months after he initially promised to do so and after he came under media scrutiny for dragging his feet.

Khan’s son, Army Capt. Humayun S.M. Khan, was born in the United Arab Emirates. He was killed in Iraq in 2004 by a vehicle filled with explosives. Khan saved the lives of several other soldiers by urging them to stay back while he approached it.

The founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America minced no words in a response to Trump’s defense of his “sacrifices.”

“For ANYONE to compare their ‘sacrifice’ to [sic] Gold Star family is insulting, foolish and ignorant,” Paul Rieckhoff said in a statement to ABC News.

“Especially someone who has never served himself and has no children serving,” the statement read. “Our country has been at war for a decade and a half and the truth is most Americans have sacrificed nothing. Most of them are smart and grounded enough to admit it.”

On Friday, Khazir Khan pleaded with Republican leaders to repudiate Trump.

“If your candidate wins and he governs the way he has campaigned, my country, this country, will have constitutional crises [like] never before,” he said.

Speaking with ABC, the Republican nominee also took on Khan and his wife, Ghazala, suggesting she wasn’t allowed to speak at the convention.

“If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me,” Trump said.

Ghazala Khan was in tears as she spoke about her son during an interview on MSNBC’s “The Last Word” on Friday. She said she told her son, “’be safe, and don’t become hero for me, just be my son, come back as a son.’ He came back as a hero.”
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-30-2016, 9:13 PM Reply   
Just watched Clintons Cash, pretty good hatchet job on Bill and Hilderbeast.
https://youtu.be/7LYRUOd_QoM
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-30-2016, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Spoken like a true blue butt hurt liberal. Face it. Your candidate is WAY worse than ours. Lol. So sad to say that..... What a commentary on our current state when the only thing we can brag about is that our guy is not as bad as the other one.
What am I facing? Hillary is one of the most qualified candidates in history. Trump, the most unqualified. I love how you guys must resort to the name calling of a middle schooler.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-30-2016, 10:03 PM Reply   
There's no doubt Trump will not be able to govern exactly how he speaks. There are way too many checks and balances for that rhetoric to have any real traction. This ain't a dictatorship. He's gonna have to deal with both sides and neither side loves him. Therin lies his attraction to the masses. On top of that, there's plenty of inside info he will receive once he's in office that will be game changing in his own mind. I guarantee there's plenty of things that we, the public think we know, but don't. In my mind, the most Important thing is the fact that he's the only one who isn't beholden to any establishment, combined with him not being a socialist like BS is/was. It's time for someone to ruffle feathers in Washington. Even if those ruffled feathers are on both sides of the aisle.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-30-2016, 10:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
This election takes that normal state of affairs to an extreme.

Honestly though, why does Trump continue to be so small and undignified? Not to mention out of touch? Does he really think he has sacrificed, or does he just not have a clue what to say?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e2e15eb61dd9

In an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that was published Saturday, Trump said he had sacrificed a lot in his life.

“I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I’ve done― I’ve had― I’ve had tremendous success. I think I’ve done a lot.”

“Those are sacrifices?” Stephanopoulos interjected.

“Oh sure, I think they’re sacrifices,” Trump said, going on to tout his work to help build the Vietnam War memorial in Manhattan and raising money for veterans’ charities.

Trump’s business record isn’t as great as he claims. The mogul has also preyed on poor people by urging them to spend their money on Trump University ― a series of real-estate seminars that New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has called “straight up fraud.” Two years before the 2008 housing market crash in which millions lost their homes, Trump rooted for the market to collapse. He has also been incredibly stingy with charities, making several false promises to donate money. He donated $1 million to charity in May, several months after he initially promised to do so and after he came under media scrutiny for dragging his feet.

Khan’s son, Army Capt. Humayun S.M. Khan, was born in the United Arab Emirates. He was killed in Iraq in 2004 by a vehicle filled with explosives. Khan saved the lives of several other soldiers by urging them to stay back while he approached it.

The founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America minced no words in a response to Trump’s defense of his “sacrifices.”

“For ANYONE to compare their ‘sacrifice’ to [sic] Gold Star family is insulting, foolish and ignorant,” Paul Rieckhoff said in a statement to ABC News.

“Especially someone who has never served himself and has no children serving,” the statement read. “Our country has been at war for a decade and a half and the truth is most Americans have sacrificed nothing. Most of them are smart and grounded enough to admit it.”

On Friday, Khazir Khan pleaded with Republican leaders to repudiate Trump.

“If your candidate wins and he governs the way he has campaigned, my country, this country, will have constitutional crises [like] never before,” he said.

Speaking with ABC, the Republican nominee also took on Khan and his wife, Ghazala, suggesting she wasn’t allowed to speak at the convention.

“If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me,” Trump said.

Ghazala Khan was in tears as she spoke about her son during an interview on MSNBC’s “The Last Word” on Friday. She said she told her son, “’be safe, and don’t become hero for me, just be my son, come back as a son.’ He came back as a hero.”
OF COURSE HE SACRIFICED!

Nothing says sacrifice like your dad giving you a million dollars to try and make it with. I always wonder why the working class right appeals to this guy. He is absolutely nothing like you guys.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-30-2016, 10:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
What am I facing? Hillary is one of the most qualified candidates in history. Trump, the most unqualified. I love how you guys must resort to the name calling of a middle schooler.
Yeah... Qualified for a prison issued orange jumpsuit... Or maybe in her case, an orange pantsuit. Either way, there should be stripes involved. Whether it be in her uniform or the bars that contain her.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-30-2016, 10:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
OF COURSE HE SACRIFICED!

Nothing says sacrifice like your dad giving you a million dollars to try and make it with. I always wonder why the working class right appeals to this guy. He is absolutely nothing like you guys.
Ever hear of the parable of the talents? Didn't think so. It's no wonder to me that you don't get it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-31-2016, 12:18 AM Reply   
Could Drumpf possibly be more of a whiny little b***h?

He comes out crying on twitter that "Hillary and the Dems" are trying to "rig" the debates by putting a couple of them on the same nights as NFL games.

Maybe he should look up the fact that the schedule was set nearly a year ago in September 2015 by the same bipartisan group that's been scheduling them since 1988...

Or is this just his way of setting himself up to chickens**t his way out of the debates the way he did with Megyn Kelly at Fox?
Attached Images

Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-31-2016, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ever hear of the parable of the talents? Didn't think so. It's no wonder to me that you don't get it.
No I haven't. You could explain though if you would like.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-31-2016, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
I always wonder why the working class right appeals to this guy. He is absolutely nothing like you guys.
Or why the conservative party of family values is electing a prostitute for their first lady. You guys don't really think Melania is doing him because of his good looks and charm do you? Actually you guys are voting for him for the same reason. Only Melania is smarter because she's actually getting some for bending over.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2016, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
No I haven't. You could explain though if you would like.
Mathew 25:14-30.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Or why the conservative party of family values is electing a prostitute for their first lady. You guys don't really think Melania is doing him because of his good looks and charm do you? Actually you guys are voting for him for the same reason. Only Melania is smarter because she's actually getting some for bending over.
Nice name calling. It's obvious you're feeling desperate now. Maybe if she was LGBT she's be championed or at least acceptable to your party?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-31-2016, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nice name calling. It's obvious you're feeling desperate now. Maybe if she was LGBT she's be championed or at least acceptable to your party?
You literally just called me a "butthurt" liberal, I wouldn't ask anybody to tone it down on name calling.

Quote:
Mathew 25:14-30.
I'm not going to let faith in something dictate such as a president. That is fine if you do, but something that isn't worth arguing about. Hard to change ideologies on that.

Like what was said earlier though, special kind of christian to have 3 wives and to be unfaithful to them as well.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2016, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
You literally just called me a "butthurt" liberal, I wouldn't ask anybody to tone it down on name calling.

I'm not going to let faith in something dictate such as a president. That is fine if you do, but something that isn't worth arguing about. Hard to change ideologies on that.

Like what was said earlier though, special kind of christian to have 3 wives and to be unfaithful to them as well.
Well, You ARE liberal and you sounded butthurt. That's not name calling.

The verses I showed you require no faith. It's a parable. You referenced Trump getting money from his dad. I was just pointing out the fact that he took that money and made it grow like two out of the three people in the parable.

As for Trump's claim of being a christian, I have my own doubts, but that's between him and God.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-31-2016, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well, You ARE liberal and you sounded butthurt. That's not name calling.

The verses I showed you require no faith. It's a parable. You referenced Trump getting money from his dad. I was just pointing out the fact that he took that money and made it grow like two out of the three people in the parable.

As for Trump's claim of being a christian, I have my own doubts, but that's between him and God.
I just read that section. Are you serious? lol.

THIS IS THE MAN YOU WANT RUNNING THE COUNTRY.

"For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."(Mathew 25:14-30)

You guys have literally lost your damn minds.

Last edited by TheWakeIsReal; 07-31-2016 at 10:21 AM. Reason: .
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2016, 10:45 AM Reply   
I'm sorry you don't get it. In this particular passage. Christ is talking about how important it is to use whatever gifts or resources you have or receive to their maximum benefit and potential. In Trump's case, he could have taken daddy's money and squandered it rather than growing it like he did.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-31-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sorry you don't get it. In this particular passage. Christ is talking about how important it is to use whatever gifts or resources you have or receive to their maximum benefit and potential. In Trump's case, he could have taken daddy's money and squandered it rather than growing it like he did.
And if he did squander it, he would have been thrown into the darkness, with weeping and gnashing of teeth.

LOL. I get it. But I just get the lunacy of this sh*t. Super good example of how out of touch with reality you guys are.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-31-2016, 10:58 AM Reply   
It also really sounds as if in that passage the moral of the story is that the rich get richer and the poor will be shoved into homelessness. I can't believe this is the passage you are referring Trump's presidency to. LOL
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2016, 11:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
And if he did squander it, he would have been thrown into the darkness, with weeping and gnashing of teeth.

LOL. I get it. But I just get the lunacy of this sh*t. Super good example of how out of touch with reality you guys are.
Again, sorry you don't get it. There's a MUCH deeper meaning. I'll try to make time to explain it better later or someone else can do it. Surf's up.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2016, 12:41 PM Reply   
I think we can all agree, as a manual to live life the bible is pretty poor. Way too long and way too waffly.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-31-2016, 1:08 PM Reply   
Did the guys who multiplied their wealth in the parable get to take advantage of the corporate shield or bankruptcy? I mean back in Christ's day, I'm assuming that there was personal liability in business transactions?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-31-2016, 1:35 PM Reply   
As Grant and others have (correctly) pointed out, as interesting as we all may find the back and forth on this thread, ultimately it will likely do little to sway folks in one direction or the other.

As usual things will likely be coming down to a handful of states. It's looking like Trump, to have any chance, will have to take Florida, Ohio, AND Pennsylvania (the latter being a state no Republican has taken in 30 years, but I do think it's potentially vulnerable). He'll also have to fight to keep North Carolina and Colorado Red.

Some fascinating polls have come out of Utah of all places... reliably Red but absolutely anti-Trump... If Johnson could get enough traction there it could be a real nail biter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us...=politics&_r=0
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       07-31-2016, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I'd say you are telling us a fairy tale.
Not really a concern of mine although I dont lie to impress you...lol. The amount is not relevant, I should have never disclosed and just said "a lot". My mistake.

Quote:
Vanilla, as others have said if you are paying 90k in taxes but only making 180k, you really need to speak with an accountant. Seems like there's prolly some low hanging fruit on the deductions side that you are missing.
My fault for not being clear. I said if Sanders were elected my tax bracket would be 50%.

My frustration: If I work hard and smart, make money, why should I share a larger PERCENTAGE of the tax burden. That in itself is income redistribution. Am I the only person this bothers? How about a flat tax plan where everyone pays the same percent?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-31-2016, 2:52 PM Reply   
No one likes paying taxes - but it's part of the social contract. And while I don't think that a flat tax is right for the US, It wouldn't hurt to do something about simplifying the tax code. It's ridiculous that there is a whole industry supported by this process. That being said, it's a number of jobs that would be lost accordingly

A flat tax would hit lower income people disproportionately hard - this is why your higher tax bracket only applies to the income you make after a certain point - not all your income. You pay the same on your first whatever thousand that someone who only makes that amount pays. And yes to some degree the higher percentage is going to factor into your decisions businesswise (if you pay "a lot," let's just say I pay "a lot more" not to mention payroll taxes for my staff and the nice big bite CA takes out too). But hey we are the 1% in a country that is the richest place on earth - kind of hard to complain TOO much.

There are modified flat tax plans or "flatter" plans that try to address these issues and many I haven't mentioned - and I'm sure plenty of people on this board who are more knowledgeable about the pros and cons than I am.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-31-2016, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
You really need to learn the difference between desperation and humor. She'd probably be acceptable to libs just fine. I'm mocking the "party of family values" because of the irony of them voting for probably the only President anyone alive has seen with a wife that was obviously bought with money. It's not about Trump. It's about conservatives. If I had Trump's money I'd be dripping with young b*tches.

And then there's this....

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...clinton-trump/
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-31-2016, 3:23 PM Reply   
David, i am right there with you. You won't get the liberals on this board to agree.

I don't mind paying my share. I do mind paying someone else's share. i don't mind paying for social programs and military, but i hate the waste.

If I ran my businesses with as much waste, i'd lose my businesses. Then after they waste money....they want more. very angering