Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-02-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Just started riding, went a few times last year but was out Sat and Sunday. I have no problem getting up and pulling outside of the wake but can't seem to cut back in very good. Can anyone give me any tips, thanks?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-02-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
keep the handle at your hips, use the board to your advantage. hold your edge and pick a side, remember...HANDLE TO YOUR HIPS
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
If you can purchase "The Book", it would probably be the best investment you ever made.
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-02-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
YA what jake said. and make sure your standing straight up nice and tall, and not hunched over.

The book would help alot.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-02-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
what and where do I get the book. I also have a pro coming out this weekend for private lessons but mad at myself for not being able to get this.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
The Book:
http://www.wakeside.com/product/media/videos/the+book+wakeboard+instructional+series+dvd.do
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-02-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
Don't be afraid to cut out into the flats. when you come back in, don't be intimadated by the wake. Remember: It's only water.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-02-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
I dont think it's fear, I've faced planted plenty this weekend, I just cant get through it. I want to cut back in and out to the other side. I should also say that I am riding behind a 2008 X15 (biggest wake I've ever seen) and using a 75 foot rope.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-02-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
1. shorten the rope.
2. drain some ballast. Faceplant pain increases with wake size. How big are you trying to crash?
3. Realize that your HS cut out into the flats is the same position as a HS edge into the wake. Start getting comfy on your edges and transitioning between tracking and edging.
4. get the book. most conclusive wake dvd out.
5. http://www.waketrix.com/dvd/pages/instructional.htm
Check out the Hop in hop out drill on waketrix. There's a few other online instructional sites too.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-02-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
1. how short?
2. tanks were drained

I ordered the book.