Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-31-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
So.. i wanna see this vid so bad i can taste it... I have been stuck on a oil field location for 11 days.. testing a well that hasnt done anything impressive since we started ... the internet sucks and i cant download quicktime to see the soven vid.. i can taste the lake right now...and i have done nothing but watch every wake vid i have since we started... i can imagine butter underneath my board.. can someone find or put the soven crow 7 vid on youtube and post the link so i can check it out.. it just might raise the spirits.. or.. any other vid that may blow my mind on youtube.. thnx
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-31-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
Not the Soven video, but one of my favs http://youtube.com/watch?v=EmhJ3PYAMR0
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-31-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Thanks man.. one of my fav tricks.. or should i say.. one of my fav to watch... so sick
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-31-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
Here is one that will help you get through your boarding drought too. http://youtube.com/watch?v=xLCwYZyBLF0
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-31-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
stand by one
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-31-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJaXhVGwafc

Here you go friend. Only cause i know what its like to be you.
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-31-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Thanks guys.. newj... know wat its like to sit on a job.. where you work at? in texas??
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-31-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
nope i worked for the US Forest Service for 6 years. Sometimes we'd be in the middle of nowhere for 16-32 days. I was on the space shuttle recovery mission for 23 days in lovely Nacodoches Texas......you can have it. lol
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-31-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
hell yea.. im a production tester for wood group in south texas.. basically.. after they drill the well and do all the work to it.. we bring out equipment and tell them wat is commin out of the hole. how much oil/water/gas.. anyways.. one of us has to be up on days and one on nights.. i got stuck with nights on this job.. im bored outta my mind.. the only thing that keeps me goin is 24 hour pay.. and lookin at the boat ill buy.. but yea.. all the vids are super appreciated and its nice to talk to someone who knows wat the hell i have to deal with
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-31-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
i could be wrong, but i think this may still be the most tech trick of all time, parks' double backroll mobe
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FkhIH8BFPps
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-31-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
waketx05 i drilled a bunch of gas holes around sonora and ozona back in the 80's....you ever get to Amistad?
Old     (a907rider)      Join Date: May 2006       06-01-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
I work in the oil fields up in Alaska and have 9 days till i'm home wakeboarding again. But like you said the money's good and it paid for my boat. Well testing huh? You play with 3" hardline? Great way to workout so you can ride longer.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
These are always entertaining... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQGJEqFxLE4&NR=1
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-01-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
doug. .never made it to amistad.. heard that it is a fairly epic place to ride.. and justin.. we mostly just work with 2" high pressure line.. doesnt sound like much.. until you run about 500 ft of it in a day @ 10 ft. a joint.. and have to hammer it all up.. i've dealt with 22,000 lbs of pressure and 15,000,000 mcf of gas a day though.. gets kinda dangerous but all the sledge swingin really helps for spins though
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
I here where your coming from Ryan! I've been in St. Croix for over a month this trip working at an oil refinery, I have an amp, cd player, and 1500lbs of ballast waiting to be installed when I get home, which is this wed.! I'm so pumped! Do us guys over here a favor and pull up some clean crude and send it our way!
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-01-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
man.. you got it good wen you get home.. i got to get off.. find a pull.. and then hope they can fit me in.. as far as crude.. we are runnin out bro.. all condensate and gas from here on out.. unless you go so far south that you cant get a cheeseburger without knowin another language.. or offshore.. sorry man.. no help in the crude dept. make your returning ride home worth it for everyone bro!
Old     (cbraden)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-01-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
Im a logger here in OK and let me tell you the wells I have been on there are some people making plenty of $$ off of NG. We reap a little bit of oil off them but mostly gas, and alot of it. We have production plans to drill for the next 20-25 years so hold on tight, cause prices im afraid are only going to get worse before they get any better. Oh yeah, and with the consumption of China getting close to that of the US, demand is not ever going to meet supply. So if you own it and it takes fuel, just expect to re-prioritize in the up comming decade. Just my $.02
Old     (cbraden)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-01-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
Oh and I don't get to download vids on the PASON Internet either. For some reason TODCO and PASON don't believe in upgrading their communication to the 21st century. 800kbps currently and that is gettin it boys. Im lucky to load images posted and forget about vid clips
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-01-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
you are a logger.. E-Line.. for who?
Old     (cbraden)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-01-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
A mudlogger, ie Field Geologist. I work for a company out of Norman and am logging wells in the Hunton LS in central OK, mostly multi-lateral holes. So while wireline guys are gone for a week or so, I get to be gone anywhere from 4-7 weeks at a time My lake time is few and far between anymore. I live vicariously through each and every person on this site, no lie. I'm working with mostly Strata and Target on DD services, and have worked with Weatherford, Pioneer, Baker, and a few local company's. Are you an E-logger on the production side?
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-01-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
no no no.. all production testing... for wood group outta El Campo in the coastal bend area of TX.. we basically rig up our manifold, heater, separator, etc.. and tell the company wat is comming outta the hole.. production testing.. gas completion.. w/e you wanna call it. im gone until they say i can go home.. then the second all our equipment is regreased and rebuilt.. i jump in the truck and head to marble falls for all the lake time i can get.. its a 3 hour drive but i find that anything is worth it for wake.. at least until i can get my own boat
Old     (cbraden)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-01-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
I hear ya. I bought my boat before I got in the field and seldomly use it, but would regret getting rid of it since it is paid for. I occasionally get a week or so off during rig moves so I have time to play then, but usually it's chores, dog training, and sleep. In that order. But, I love my job, it isn't going anywhere, and it more than pays the bills so I'm happy. Gotta love the 24hr service.
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-01-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
nothing better than 24 hr. pay.. the only thing that is good about this is the boss.. if there is no job.. we do nothing but chill at the house.. wen the job calls.. get the equipment.. and move out.. rig up.. flow.. test.. for however. long they need us.. go home and wait for the next job... gravy!!
Old     (a907rider)      Join Date: May 2006       06-02-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
Up here on the slope we mostly work a 2 and 2 schedule. 2weeks on 2 weeks off so I get to ride as much as I can during my 2 weeks off. And during the middle of the week when all the lake is empty is a beautiful thing! And don't worry guys, Alaska is full of crude. And we would have tons more if we can get past the hippies to drill it (ie ANWR).
Old     (cbraden)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
In Bush's last televised speech he said they opened ANWR up for exploration. Have they moved in yet? What company do you work for up there? Are you in specialty services or a rig hand?
Old     (a907rider)      Join Date: May 2006       06-02-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
I have'nt heard anything about exploration in ANWR but they might be. Definetly nothing major though. I work for ASRC as a well support hand. I rig up hardline for coil jobs and stuff and operate vac trucks, supersuckers, loaders, boomtrucks and do pretty much anything else the drill site operators need us to. The location I'm at is called Alpine. Its west of Prudhoe Bay and Kuparuk oil fields. 8 days and counting!