Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-21-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
The 2011 WakeWorld Riders Choice Awards are coming up in August and I want to make sure we have covered everything in our Innovation of the Year category. Please list your nominations here. This product must have come out since our last awards started on 8/1/10. Thanks for your help!!

P.S. The 2010 winner was the Malibu Illusion 3G tower.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-21-2011, 9:35 PM Reply   
Will system bindings qualify for the category? Even some hate em and some love them they are still a very innovative product.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-22-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
what's so innovative about taking snowboard bindings and putting them on a wakeboard? I would think the winner will be a product that really enhances the experience of riding, boating, etc and makes it easier on the owner. The tower was a great choice. Not sure what's really awesome out there right now, but I might vote for Go Pro cameras- they have made some really cool videos.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-22-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
I second the system bindings. What's so innovative about taking snowboard bindings and putting them on a wakeboard? It's snowboard bindings on a wakeboard... And many would argue that it really enhances the experience of riding.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-22-2011, 8:18 AM Reply   
Yup, System bindings are an excellent example!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-22-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
O'brein Decade or Vice Boots, addingt he cant to the base plates was money helps the knees like crazy.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-22-2011, 11:50 AM Reply   
Gopros have been around for a long time now.

I agree that the system is definitely an innovation for 2011. First product of it's kind for wake.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-22-2011, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
O'brein Decade or Vice Boots, addingt he cant to the base plates was money helps the knees like crazy.
I've not heard of this. Explain?
Old     (Prestoooooo)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-22-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
GoPro FoSho
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-22-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
System is OK. The next step will be to put metal sidewall around the board...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
Unit rails. Their designs as well as ?seamless? construction.. Whatever it's called
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
System bindings, even thogh they have a few short comings, they make riding sooo much better
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
i think i remember slingshot getting some recognition for flex tech back in '07 and not everyone was or is into flex, system bindings are in a similar beginnings.

the Hyp System makes me think of:
1. Slingshot R.A.D. boots for the removable liner WITH a SOLE. so maybe this is not entirely new, SS has had removable liners since the beginning, but this is the first time they were specifically made to walk-in if desired. Its still super nice to be able to take them out for drying too.
The speed-zone lacing on the RAD is pretty kool too
2. CTRL swivel plate - another Boot idea to allow walking around in your boots. although i am not sure if these boots have been or will be out long enough to count for this year. but the idea for the hardware and mounting is pretty kool. http://www.ctrlwake.com/ctrlpanel/tuning.html

3. on the same "tuning" page for CTRL is the adjustable fin system too.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-24-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
Burton's Sliding Adjustable Track ,,S.A.C.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-24-2011, 4:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
2. CTRL swivel plate - another Boot idea to allow walking around in your boots. although i am not sure if these boots have been or will be out long enough to count for this year. but the idea for the hardware and mounting is pretty kool. http://www.ctrlwake.com/ctrlpanel/tuning.html

3. on the same "tuning" page for CTRL is the adjustable fin system too.
I'll agree with you on both those innovations from CTRL
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-26-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
system bindings...no competition.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2011, 1:27 AM Reply   
Ronix Capella Vest. Significantly different/new design in a vest in a long time.
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       07-28-2011, 8:21 AM Reply   
Not only have GoPro Cameras been around for years and years but they are in no way specific to wakeboarding. They should not be considered.
Old     (jillyjam)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-02-2011, 10:55 AM Reply   
I'm gonna have to say that the MasterCraft ZFT5 power tower is my vote. You can flip the billet tower up and down with a flick of a switch....nice!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-02-2011, 11:57 AM Reply   
Well, you can go vote now and win some CWB gear in the process...

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...ce-awards.html