Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-12-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
I wakeboard at Ohio State University and our club has been discussing organizing the first intercollegiate wakeboard tournament in Ohio. Here at OSU we definitely have enough riders that want to compete. We would like to set up the contest for the upcoming Fall when we are returning to school. We will be in contact with other colleges in the area to see who has riders that would be interested in helping organize the event. Feel free to email me at curtb6@gmail.com. I hope to hear from some clubs soon!!
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-06-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
Saturday, May 3rd 2008. Ohio State University Midwest Wakefest @ Pleasant Shores Lake in Van Wert, Ohio. This is a sanctioned event by CWA. This event will be pulled by a 2008 Malibu Wakesetter VLX thanks to Know Wake Marine and friends. It is an invitational contest for Collegiate Wakeboard Clubs in the area.

If you have enough interest at your school and would like to compete, email me at curtb6@gmail.com and I will be able to fill you in with more details. We will have a flyer up soon...
Old     (mkoenig)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-16-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
Sounds awesome, I just started a wakeboard club here at Western Kentucky University in bowling green. We have around 14 members right now but im not sure if we have a solid group of riders to compete yet. Ill email you and hopefully we can organize some more events in the future when we start to grow some more and get recognition. Let me know if theres anything I can do to help.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-17-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-17-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
The event is posted on facebook, and you can find more information there. Just send a friend request to either of the three contacts on the bottom of the flyer and request an invite to the contest. Also, spread the invite to your club members!
Old     (mkoenig)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-17-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
Count WKU in on this!
Old     (pcoak)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-17-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
wow thats sounds sweet ohio wesleyan (OWU) has 8 riders let me kown we'd love too.