Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-26-2014, 3:07 PM Reply   
Here are my picks for the weekend:

GB @ Chicago - Da Bears, Marshall & Jeffrey will have a field day against a weak GB Defense
Buffs @ Houston - Sorry Bills fans, 2-0 is now 2-2 and back to the same old Bills
Titans @ Indy - Clipboard Jesus (Charle Whitehurst) gets the start!! And gets killed. Indy by a landslide.
Panthers @ Ravens - This will be a good game but I like the Panthers with D. Williams back.
Lions @ Jets - Jets escape with a win and Rex Ryan escapes with his job till next week.
TB @ Pitt - Steelers are looking good and will continue to beat up the Bucs.
Miami @ Oakland - The Raiders are so bad, Fins by a TD.
Jags @ Chargers - A Rivers throws through it, the Jags that is. Bolts by 3 TDs.
Hotlanta @ Vikes - Matt Ryan does not like the cold, lucky for him it's going to be 81 and sun in Minnesota this weekend. Falcons rape & pillage the Vikings.
Philly @ Santa Clara (Game of the Week) - Santa Clara still searching for it's first win at home in Santa Clara, won't get it this weekend. Chip Kelly's Might Ducks Pt. II win big.
Saints @ Cowboys - I think the combined over/under for this game is 150 points, right? Saints in an offensive showdown. Tony Roma will be serving up ribs and INTs.
Pats @ KC - Pats lose a close one. Jamaal Charles finally earns his $$ and gets me some fantasy football points!!

Have a good weekend boys.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-28-2014, 8:52 PM Reply   
Sorry about your picks Darren. I only got 4 games wrong this week.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-28-2014, 9:18 PM Reply   
Cowboys DOMINATED the Saints. Romo 0 int's.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-28-2014, 11:29 PM Reply   
I'm really surprised that the Niners' special teams gave up 14 points and made it a game. Normally, their special teams are bulletproof.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2014, 3:46 AM Reply   
The Seahawks have to play the Redskins in week 5. Look out for Kirk Cousins! You heard it here first.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2014, 7:35 AM Reply   
As a 49er fan I am super disappointed. the offense is a mess. Time clock management a mess. Communication a mess. It's like the coaching staff is purposely trying to do the opposite of what they have done for two years. Kap is always on the run and when he is, he makes poor decisions. He has more weapons than last year, but seems to be getting sacked for more often. Very frustrating as a fan to sit and watch the overall offense when they obviously have the talent on the field. I guess at least they are not the raiders right?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-29-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
The Seahawks have to play the Redskins in week 5. Look out for Kirk Cousins! You heard it here first.
What? Record number of interceptions thrown?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-29-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I'm really surprised that the Niners' special teams gave up 14 points and made it a game. Normally, their special teams are bulletproof.
I was surprised with that too. As a Hawks fan I thought the good parts were the 49ers defense holding the Eagles to 0 offensive points and exposing them for what they are. A middle of the road team surrounded by lots of hype. Maybe in a couple years they will be a contender but not this year IMO. Great pass to Gore for the 55 yard TD. Not many QB’s could make that pass especially on the run but I would consider that somewhat lucky as Kap missed some easy throws on planned timing route. They did come from behind which is good. I thought the time management and sync between the QB and coach were off. Or maybe Harbaugh always acts like he’s going to stroke out on the sideline. Penalty’s hurt but the officiating was atrocious on both sides of the ball. I expect more from Ed Hockilees’ squad. The ref’s have been empowered so much under the guise of “keeping the players safe” that now they able to influence the outcome. The other afternoon games literally ended a quarter before this one due to all the penalties.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-29-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry about your picks Darren. I only got 4 games wrong this week.
Really!?!? Looks like you got all your picks wrong because I didn't see any this week from you.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-29-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
Congrats to Santa Clara on a big win. BTW I think Frank Gore might be the most underrated player on that team. Give him the ball!! Stop trying to get cute with Kap and run Gore. Deion Sanders is now saying Crabtree and other Santa Clara players want Harbaugh out. Could be interesting few weeks. The defense looked good though, once they get Bowman & Smith back, they should be able to give the Hawks a challenge.

Congrats to big D, they have finally figured out that to win they should run the ball an let Romo throw less. He didn't throw a pick because he didn't have to throw it 40 times. Murray looked great against a typical Rob Ryan defense. Good thing for Rob & Rex that their daddy was a legend, otherwise they'd be out of the league.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-29-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
Just looking at Romo's stats he has thrown less than 30 times in all three wins. Last year he only threw less than 30 times in 4 games.
Dear Dallas Cowboys, if you want to win don't let Tony throw it.

Dear every team that plays the Cowboys, stop the run and you'll win.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-29-2014, 4:08 PM Reply   
IMO, the 49ers are way over-engineering their offense. Trying to get every advantage in theory while putting themselves at a disadvantage in practice.

If Crabtree is whining about Harbaugh, they should trade him. A agree with Sherman that Crabtree is average.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-29-2014, 5:21 PM Reply   
Crabtree is great after the catch, the problem is he's not great when it comes to 50/50 balls. Seems like whenever I see him make a catch he is wide open. I think the whole "locker room" thing is overrated. You never hear about a bad locker room when you are winning.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2014, 5:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
I meant currently. We let all those other guys go but I did forget about Irving woops!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2014, 6:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
After rereading a few of your recent posts, I can tell you're gonna be a mess and lose your entire identity when the Hawks become the victims of free agency. It's gonna be mayhem in your house. I'm feelin sorry for you now... Preemptively.
Don't get your panties in a bunch I was just continuing our trash talk from last year, like picking a scab (button pushed)

While I do very very much love my Hawks my favorite Seattle team since youth has always been my Mariners so I assure you I can handle all manners of disappointment. Case in point yesterday's revelation that we will again not make the play offs for the 14th year in a row!!!

Mayhem? I have three kids so yeah certainly to some degree.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-29-2014, 6:29 PM Reply   
Arrowhead retakes the title as loudest stadium
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-29-2014, 8:04 PM Reply   
I am happy to say I was wrong about the cowboys so far. their defense is still below average, but their offense looks to have it figured out. Elite back, 2 above average recievers and a still very good tight end. Whats more surprising this year: cowboys, saints, or Pats? I am saying Cowboys. Pats are finally paying the price for not paying anyone to stay. Brady has very minimal targets to throw to, and horrible run game behind him.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2014, 9:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Arrowhead retakes the title as loudest stadium
Yep! Go Chiefs! Unfortunately I think it will be short lived again, and feel for the next team that plays in Seattle. They'll crank the sound system and bass music even louder than they already do, in a new stadium that is built to contain the noise. When you can hear the music/bass that loud via the TV, it should be an asterisk when they break the decibel record.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-29-2014, 9:28 PM Reply   
LOL!! Avg. attendance at Arrowhead 75k, avg. attendance at CLink 68k. 7000 more people.
Also, who freaking cares about this record. The Chiefs can have it, the Hawks will keep their rings.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-29-2014, 10:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
LOL!! Avg. attendance at Arrowhead 75k, avg. attendance at CLink 68k. 7000 more people.
Also, who freaking cares about this record. The Chiefs can have it, the Hawks will keep their rings.
Rings??? Plural? Belly button and nipple rings don't count. Sorry.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-29-2014, 10:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Don't get your panties in a bunch I was just continuing our trash talk from last year, like picking a scab (button pushed)

While I do very very much love my Hawks my favorite Seattle team since youth has always been my Mariners so I assure you I can handle all manners of disappointment. Case in point yesterday's revelation that we will again not make the play offs for the 14th year in a row!!!

Mayhem? I have three kids so yeah certainly to some degree.
I feel ya. We started young with four and we're almost empty nesters still in our 40's... PARTY!!! (not really) now is when things get expensive. Just wait......
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2014, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Hawks fans cared "when" they had the record.For the record the Chiefs have a ring too.For entertainment you ought to look up the NFL favorite team map by county of the U.S. The Chiefs probably have more fans than the Seahawks too.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2014, 5:02 AM Reply   
Dennis Allen fired over the phone! The Raiders really have their act together.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2014, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Hawks fans cared "when" they had the record.For the record the Chiefs have a ring too.For entertainment you ought to look up the NFL favorite team map by county of the U.S. The Chiefs probably have more fans than the Seahawks too.
I just think it's all warn a bit him at this point it was fun at first though. I hope we don't go for it.

Looks like it could be a damn good game when the Hawks travel to Arrowhead later this year.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2014, 6:59 AM Reply   
*thin not him
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2014, 7:15 AM Reply   
Week 5 picks

Thursday @ 8:25 pm

MIN @ GB - Packers at home.

Sunday @ 1:00 pm

CHI @ CAR - The Bears.
CLE @ TEN - Browns are a more complete team. They win on the road.
STL @ PHI - Eagles at home.
ATL@ NYG- G men at home.
TB @ NO - Saints need this one badly. They win at home.
HOU @ DAL - Cowboys win the battle of Texas.
BUF @ DET - Lions at home.
BAL @ IND - Colts at home.
PIT @ JAX - Steelers easy win.

Sunday @ 4:05 pm

ARI @ DEN - Broncos in a close low scoring game.

Sunday @ 4:25 pm

KC @ SF - Chiefs scalp Harbaugh ! Could he lose his job?
NYJ @ SD - Chargers at home.

Sunday @ 8:30

CIN @ NE - Bengals eat up a reeling Patriots team and Boston demands Brady be hung for traitorous acts.

Monday @ 8:30

SEA @ WAS - Redskins run all over Seattle,but Kirk Cousins gives the Seahawks the gifts they need to win. Seattle wins in a close one.

Last edited by cwb4me; 09-30-2014 at 7:19 AM.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-30-2014, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
I just think it's all warn a bit him at this point it was fun at first though. I hope we don't go for it.

Looks like it could be a damn good game when the Hawks travel to Arrowhead later this year.
Yep, i cannot wait for the Seahawks to be on the receiving end of the noise in Arrowhead. You have to at least be a little more worried after last night about that game than you were before.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-30-2014, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yep, i cannot wait for the Seahawks to be on the receiving end of the noise in Arrowhead. You have to at least be a little more worried after last night about that game than you were before.
Umm why? KC beat a terrible Pats team. Lets see how they do against Santa Clara this week then I might consider them a decent team. Don't forget they lost to the Titans this year, the Titans.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-30-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
Real Week 5 picks

Thursday @ 8:25 pm

MIN @ GB - Pack get it done and everyone will jump back on the bandwagon.

Sunday @ 1:00 pm

CHI @ CAR - Panthers beat up Cutler and squeak out a close one.
CLE @ TEN - In the least watched game of the week, Titans win at home.
STL @ PHI - Eagles get the offense back on track, win big.
ATL@ NYG- ATL bounce back big, Ryan has a huge day.
TB @ NO - Blowout city. Saints crush TB.
HOU @ DAL - JJ Watt puts Romo in his place, Texans by 3.
BUF @ DET - Megatron goes off! Lions.
BAL @ IND - Ravens are playing good football, this will be a great game, but Luck will lead the Colts to victory.
PIT @ JAX - Isn't this a bye week for the Steelers? They win easy.

Sunday @ 4:05 pm

ARI @ DEN - Broncos crush the Cards and remind everyone they are really good.

Sunday @ 4:25 pm

KC @ SC - Santa Clara wins a low scoring close one. Alex Smith doesn't get his revenge.
NYJ @ SD - Bolts by a mile.

Sunday @ 8:30

CIN @ NE - NE rights the ship because I have benched Brady on my fantasy football team. Dolphins pop the champagne.

Monday @ 8:30

SEA @ WAS - Colt McCoy should get some playing time in this one. Hawks should have this wrapped up by half time. Watch for Harvin to have a big day.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-30-2014, 10:42 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2014, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Whoever the genius was that made that meme should probably have at least used a picture that wasn't taken, you know, prior to 2012. Nice try though.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-30-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
Great pic! I will admit there are some bandwagon Hawks fans, but it's no different than Cowboy, 49er, Steeler, etc fans that jump on the bandwagon as soon as they start winning. Hawks just happen to be at the top right now so we are the most visible and probably annoying to other fans.

Back 10 years ago I could go all gameday wearing my Largent jersey around town and maybe see one other person in a Hawks jersey. It was fun, kind of like a secret club of misery, now everyone has Hawks stuff on everyday up here. It drives me a little nuts, like where were you when we went 4-12?!?! Or when our best QB option was Rick Mirer. I bet if you asked Hawks fans who the starting QB was before Wilson, most would probably guess Hasselbeck. I guess that's what you get when you become a Superbowl winner. Just look at all the Cowboy & 49er fans on here
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2014, 3:08 PM Reply   
The noise in Arrowhead? I mean, I'm sure it's plenty loud there... but the Seahawks are used to playing in one of the loudest environments in all of sports week in and week out. Sure, they don't deal with it on Offense, but it's not like noise is gonna catch them off guard. They don't do all the pre-snap stuff that gets teams like the 49ers in trouble in those environments.

Again... Arrowhead is HUGE and plenty loud. I'd actually love to catch a game there. But I don't believe for a split-second that they really achieved the "World Record" they claim to this weekend. Anyone who does, doesn't understand how measuring sound actually works. 140 decibels is 10 times louder than 130.
Going from 138 to 142 is more than doubling. The Chiefs didn’t suddenly double the noise made at the CenturyLink. Didn't happen.

Understanding that now, I'm unsure about any of the "records" that have been set previously. Even the two I thought I helped achieve last season in Seattle.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
I was thinking about that. The Margin was huge! But when they originally got it from is and then us from them the difference was very minor, like decibal points minor. Seems odd that it jumped so much.

The Chiefs offense actually doesn't concern me at all. We've been stifling against the run and lord knows we won't see much of Alex Smith throwing the ball against our coverage. Chiefs D is gonna have to step up and make plays to win that one.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2014, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Great pic! I will admit there are some bandwagon Hawks fans, but it's no different than Cowboy, 49er, Steeler, etc fans that jump on the bandwagon as soon as they start winning. Hawks just happen to be at the top right now so we are the most visible and probably annoying to other fans.

Back 10 years ago I could go all gameday wearing my Largent jersey around town and maybe see one other person in a Hawks jersey. It was fun, kind of like a secret club of misery, now everyone has Hawks stuff on everyday up here. It drives me a little nuts, like where were you when we went 4-12?!?! Or when our best QB option was Rick Mirer. I bet if you asked Hawks fans who the starting QB was before Wilson, most would probably guess Hasselbeck. I guess that's what you get when you become a Superbowl winner. Just look at all the Cowboy & 49er fans on here
We've always had a great fan base. Quest/Clink have always been sold out and the Kingdome before it. The biggest difference I see is the amount of women that are into the team but supposedly that is true all around the league.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-30-2014, 4:39 PM Reply   
Tonight it's all about my Royals
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2014, 8:36 AM Reply   
I went to Disneyland a few weeks back and it was hilarious seeing all the Seattle gear. Very few other football shirts even with Niners and Raiders. Was pretty funny. Most of them looked like they have never even watched a game.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-01-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
^^The NFL has done a great job of making there shirts, hats, jerseys, etc, fashionable. It's like seeing someone wearing a Johnny Manziel jersey. You know they aren't a Browns fan, no one is a Browns fan.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2014, 7:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
I went to Disneyland a few weeks back and it was hilarious seeing all the Seattle gear. Very few other football shirts even with Niners and Raiders. Was pretty funny. Most of them looked like they have never even watched a game.
What do people that have watched a game look like?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2014, 8:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
^^The NFL has done a great job of making there shirts, hats, jerseys, etc, fashionable. It's like seeing someone wearing a Johnny Manziel jersey. You know they aren't a Browns fan, no one is a Browns fan.
If you're a Browns fan you better be in a Kosar jersey.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2014, 8:02 PM Reply   
CJ Spillman of the Allas Cowgirls being investigated for rape.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-02-2014, 8:22 PM Reply   
Sorry Vikings fans. That was ugly.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-03-2014, 5:17 PM Reply   
Rams @ Eagles - Eagles beat down the offense depleted Rams.

Cardinals @ Denver - Cards come back to reality with a big loss.

Chiefs @ Niners - Niners go down by their own undoing.

Hawks @ Redskins - Hawks start slow but end up steam rolling them in the later part of the game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2014, 1:41 PM Reply   
Tony Romo leads the Cowboys to a big win over Texas other team in OT. After his defense deflated late in the game 9 to 88 saved the day and let Dan Bailey redeem himself after missing a game winner in regulation. I know you guys will enjoy joining me in congratulating Tony on his clutch win.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2014, 1:56 PM Reply   
Credit where credit us due. I was very impressed by a play Romo made when he nearly got sacked by JJ Watts but managed to throw a long touchdown.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
KC let me down.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-05-2014, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
KC let me down.
Not me.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-05-2014, 4:43 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=seattle;1894561]Rams @ Eagles - Eagles beat down the offense depleted Rams.

Cardinals @ Denver - Cards come back to reality with a big loss.

Chiefs @ Niners - Niners go down by their own undoing.

Hawks @ Redskins - Hawks start slow but end up steam rolling them in the later part of the
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2014, 4:53 PM Reply   
Thanks for nothing KC but thank you Denver.

Now Seattle sticks it up the Skins ass and the weekend can be complete.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-05-2014, 6:46 PM Reply   
San Fran did enough to win today. Give them their due against a good D.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
Let's hope Seattle can handle their business in Washington DC. It would be devastating if they didn't.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-06-2014, 11:06 AM Reply   
The first down on the fake punt and that circus catch by San Fran were too much for my Chiefs to overcome on the road. Damn i wanted that one!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-06-2014, 12:18 PM Reply   
Well played this week Bobby. Looks like we tied on the picks.
Happy to see there are no undefeated teams left. Bengals & Cards are who we thought they were!!

After watching some of the Cowboys game there is no doubt that Dez Bryant could be the best WR in the league. He just needs a good QB to get him the ball.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2014, 6:55 PM Reply   
Gotta love how Sherman's yapper got shut by that Jackson TD in the second Q. Loved it. The world needs more of that.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2014, 8:05 PM Reply   
Jackson has owned the Seahawks secondary tonight. Man the Seahawks have been called for a ton of stupid penalties.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
So the chickens barely squeak one by the east coast version of the raiders. Woohoo! You chicken fans must be so proud.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-06-2014, 8:41 PM Reply   
Wins a win, sloppy but a win. Too many penalties. Shouldn't have even been a game. Kind of feel bad for Harvin. He had 3 TD's called back.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2014, 8:55 PM Reply   
Classic bitch speak from the peanut gallery. You guys are a joke! Give credit where its due. Yes we had a schitt ton of horrible penalties which sucked but we over came it and won a Monday night game on the road. Along the way Russell Wilson proves why he's the best QB in the league
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2014, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
So the chickens barely squeak one by the east coast version of the raiders. Woohoo! You chicken fans must be so proud.
S my C, of course we're proud. Why wouldn't we be. We won trick! That's kinda the goal right? Defense played great and the offensive playmakers killed it!!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-06-2014, 9:19 PM Reply   
If scoring on the opening drive, never surrendering the lead, never lead by less than 7 points, win every statistical category except passing yards, and have 18 points called back on penalties is what you consider a close game, you're even dumber than that mouth breather quarterback Kaepernick.

Yeah, they barely "squeaked one out" tonight.

You Hawks haters have such tunnel vision trying to find the faults it makes you sound stupid every time you open your pie holes.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2014, 10:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
S my C, of course we're proud. Why wouldn't we be. We won trick! That's kinda the goal right? Defense played great and the offensive playmakers killed it!!
First off, you have WAY too many disgusting homosexual related references in your comments. Is that how you really think? You want another man to "S your C"? Do you realize what an asshat you sound like? Does "Heather have two daddies" in your house? It sounds like it. You're givin me the creeps, man. And what kind of sentence is "we won trick"? What are you? 13?

Secondly, Your backfield got schooled A LOT tonight. Sherman's pie hole should be shut for awhile. Chancellor is on the downward swing too. But alas, thanks to the undeniably awesome RW they pulled it off. The dude is a champion. Without RW, the skins would have won tonight for sure.

I can't believe how well the skins' defense did in most of the second Q.

Last edited by markj; 10-06-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2014, 10:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Wins a win, sloppy but a win. Too many penalties. Shouldn't have even been a game. Kind of feel bad for Harvin. He had 3 TD's called back.
Believe it or not, I felt bad for him too. He's fun to watch.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2014, 11:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Classic bitch speak from the peanut gallery. You guys are a joke! Give credit where its due. Yes we had a schitt ton of horrible penalties which sucked but we over came it and won a Monday night game on the road. Along the way Russell Wilson proves why he's the best QB in the league
Coming from the queen B.... Yeah I don't remember you giving any "credit" to SF yesterday either, B.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2014, 5:09 AM Reply   
Wow you guys are easy to stir up ! We're you out there on a Monday night? Did you get embarrassed by DeSean Jackson? Did your egos get bruised? Your back at home next week,but it won't be a easy win. You probably will get upset.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-07-2014, 7:03 AM Reply   
What a roller coaster game!

Russell sets the rushing record for a Monday night game, Our run defense crushes them, Percy scores three td's only to have them taken away, John Ryan shows us he's not only an amazing punter but he can run a ball as well, Marshawn does what he does especially on the home strech.

The game was sloppy for sure, but when you look at all the wild games this past weekend and the dust settles there are a few dominant teams who managed to stay on top of the pile. The Hawks just so happen to be one of those teams.

As for Sherman, you're kidding right? That play was a Hail Mary from a broken up play. Richard was half way across the field covering the mid feild reciever with no way of getting back. To say he got burned on the play is laughable.

The Skins were given so many gifts last night the odds were in their favor to take advantage of one or two and that's what they did. The Hawks literally bailed them out eight times and they still lost by ten points.

I'm really looking forward to Dallas at home this coming weekend. I think everyone knows what's going to happen there...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2014, 8:08 AM Reply   
Everyone "does" think they know what will happen. That's why they play the game. To see what will really happen.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-07-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
So easy to stir up Markj, so easy

Bobby, I fully intend on next weeks game being a good one. I hate to admit it but the Cowgirls are playing like Cowboys We'll win but it will be a good game.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-07-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
Another easy Hawk win. A 10 point win on the road is a blowout no matter what team you are playing.
That is the best Washington has played all year and they still got crushed. Hawks made a ton of metal mistakes and they still crushed them. Any other team in the league plays that game and Washington wins. Only a true Champion can win that game and that's exactly what the Hawks did.

BTW if anyone wants to debate whether or not RW is a top 5 QB in the league, please watch that game. He was incredible.

What's Next? Oh yes, the Cowboys are coming to town and will be leaving as the Cowgirls.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-07-2014, 11:09 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=83Starsnstripes;1894821]Another easy Hawk win. A 10 point win on the road is a blowout no matter what team you are playing.
That is the best Washington has played all year and they still got crushed. Hawks made a ton of metal mistakes and they still crushed them. Any other team in the league plays that game and Washington wins. Only a true Champion can win that game and that's exactly what the Hawks did.

BTW if anyone wants to debate whether or not RW is a top 5 QB in the league, please watch that game. He was incredible.

What's Next? Oh yes, the Cowboys are coming to town and will be leaving as the Cowgirls.[/QUO

The Jaguars and Raiders lose that game too. Redskins are irrelevant at this point.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2014, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Another easy Hawk win. A 10 point win on the road is a blowout no matter what team you are playing.

What's Next? Oh yes, the Cowboys are coming to town and will be leaving as the Cowgirls.
I'm pretty sure you won't have any takers on any debate about RW.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-07-2014, 12:47 PM Reply   
The Seahawks sure played sloppy last night. Far from championship quality.Far from what they were at the end of last year.

Never the less, RW is awesome. I love the way the hawks execute misdirection. RW rolls and runs better than anyone. I love the way the hawks play to his strengths vs trying to pin him in the pocket (trying to make him a "pocket" passer).
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-07-2014, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
The Seahawks sure played sloppy last night. Far from championship quality.Far from what they were at the end of last year.

Never the less, RW is awesome. I love the way the hawks execute misdirection. RW rolls and runs better than anyone. I love the way the hawks play to his strengths vs trying to pin him in the pocket (trying to make him a "pocket" passer).
That's why I don't understand why the 49ers don't do the same thing with Kap. I think he should run more and throw even less.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-07-2014, 5:07 PM Reply   
He should definitely throw less!! Whiners D isn't what it has been over the past few years. They're forced to put more pressure on the offense and Kap can't handle that. I'm sure he'll be beyond flustered now that he can't wear his Beats during his post game incoherent babble.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2014, 10:44 PM Reply   
Speaking of whiners... Did anyone else watch the whining of Sherman for getting his gerry curl/corn rows pulled by Garcon? You just gotta laugh at that. IMO, I think anyone recognised for pulling on the hair sticking out from a helmet should get ten yards in their favor for doing a public service. It was offensive PI in Garcon's case after seeing the replay but..... I love seeing these modern day Rapunzals getting yanked around. Even if it's a Niner gettin his hair ripped out... Cut that crap off or pay the piper.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-08-2014, 5:00 AM Reply   
Hair is a choice. We live in america. For now we still have a choice. The NFL has taken a stand that the hair is part of the uniform. Once the player
knows that and still choose to have long hair,they are fair game.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-08-2014, 8:19 AM Reply   
You advocate for hair pulling amongst men? Pulling another dudes hair because you're frustrated or hell for any reason makes you a classless wimp!! I suppose I can concur with Bobby that as part of a tackle its semi okay but even then its a bitch move.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-08-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
I disagree, if you are grabbing for a guy and the only thing you get is hair, why would you let go? Make the tackle however you can within the rules of the game. If you don't want to be tackled by your hair, cut it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-08-2014, 1:30 PM Reply   
"You advocate for hair pulling amongst men? Pulling another dudes hair because you're frustrated or hell for any reason makes you a classless wimp!!"

Yeah right. If the Seahawks' D tackled someone by their hair, you'd be on here proclaiming how it was the greatest tackle of all time.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-08-2014, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
I disagree, if you are grabbing for a guy and the only thing you get is hair, why would you let go? Make the tackle however you can within the rules of the game. If you don't want to be tackled by your hair, cut it.
Yeah I can get behind this. I think that if you intentionally go for the hair, which I admit would be stupid, then its a bitch move.

I have this in mind, not necessarily the tackle as much as what he did getting up off the ground.

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-08-2014, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
"You advocate for hair pulling amongst men? Pulling another dudes hair because you're frustrated or hell for any reason makes you a classless wimp!!"

Yeah right. If the Seahawks' D tackled someone by their hair, you'd be on here proclaiming how it was the greatest tackle of all time.
He wasn't tackling there genius he literally just pulled his hair during coverage on a route.