Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       07-07-2018, 9:44 AM Reply   
Looking for a buddies first surf boat. Axis or Moomba. I have been thinking about the max. I keep looking at axis, but it blows my mind, seeing invoices for the dealerships and then the cost the dealerships sell them for. Even used one. Anyone have opinions? I know Wake9 said MAx is a great boat for surfing on goofy. I like the a22, but the mark up is crazy. Hopefully will be testing a heyday surf too!

Also anyone have a good dealership? I do not care to travel some since dealership here is terrible.

thanks!

Last edited by TNwakeboarder86; 07-07-2018 at 9:47 AM. Reason: misspelled words
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-07-2018, 3:19 PM Reply   
I would choose Max over A22 any day. If not for the surf wave alone but storage, build quality etc.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-07-2018, 4:33 PM Reply   
Sorry if this sounds sarcastic, but you are passing on the axis because of the supposed markup, but not the actual price?
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       07-10-2018, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Sorry if this sounds sarcastic, but you are passing on the axis because of the supposed markup, but not the actual price?
a used one, is still 70k roughly, thats crazy, Why would you pay that when Moomba max, is bigger, and suppose to be a better surf wave?? My dealership doesn't have one, so i haven't been able to surf behind one yet . I want to try one myself so bad because i might be looking too!!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-10-2018, 8:14 AM Reply   
Well, the market drives the price of used boats. if its too high for you, then pass on it. if its too high for anyone, the dealer will sit on it till he lowers the price. New boat prices are keeping the used market hot as hell. Not sure what invoice you might have seen for used boat. There are a number of pieces to the puzzle that factor into the selling price of a used boat.

Certainly a fair comparison to look at the size, features and value of the moomba, I just dont see where the supposed markup % enters in?
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       07-10-2018, 12:35 PM Reply   
No i understand trust me not a noob. My mark up i laugh at is when you see a new one is invoiced at 54k, but then selling for 70k, or find one a year or two older that is still 65k. Its crazy. That is why for me, i have a system to rate everything, based on size, price, wave, wake board, accessories. At the end i will know my rating whether a moomba max is better then axis. Just trying to find my buddy a good boat.

Me personally i am doing a lot more searching before i buy.
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-10-2018, 4:54 PM Reply   
If you are still in Tennessee look at TNT Watersports in Hendersonville. I think they have always had very fair prices., then again I would wait another month or two when they are trying to get rid of 18 models. They are much more willing to deal then.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       07-13-2018, 9:06 AM Reply   
So random thought. He has found a few boats, axis, that are great deals he think, but 700 hours. His plan is to put a new engine in it. What is everyone thoughts on that? Is that a good plan or stupid?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-13-2018, 9:46 AM Reply   
Replace the engine because it has 700 hrs?
Old     (dlowry81)      Join Date: Jul 2018       07-13-2018, 9:51 AM Reply   
Replacing an engine just because it has 700 hrs? I've heard some dumb boat ideas before, but that takes the cake. I've been on a boat with 1500 hrs and it ran great, my personal boat has 970 and purrs like new.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2018, 10:43 AM Reply   
Wasn't there a thread one time where it was calculated that 600 hrs is the equivalent to like 40,000 mile in a car.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-13-2018, 10:44 AM Reply   
I think you have your answer.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2018, 10:45 AM Reply   
That many hours on a newer boat meant it ran with no problems every time they took it out.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       07-13-2018, 6:48 PM Reply   
Might as well change the engine when it has 10 hours. Or just buy new.