Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2017, 9:33 PM Reply   
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/faceboo...how-to-fix-it/
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-17-2017, 1:10 PM Reply   
LOL facebook is irrelevant now since instagram and snapchat came along it will be dead like myspace pretty soon.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-18-2017, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
LOL facebook is irrelevant now since instagram and snapchat came along it will be dead like myspace pretty soon.
Facebook is still growing in terms of user count, and is growing by multi-billions in revenue every year. It may be irrelevant to you but they aren't dying any time soon.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-18-2017, 10:13 AM Reply   
Personally Facebook has such a roten stigma. (Kinda like a dude with a gold chain and a corvette) when either are ever mentioned you roll your eyes internally. Like most things public perception has lots to do with its success or failure. I wonder how long it’s going to be around. And just because it’s growing in numbers and/or members that’s not necessarily a good thing
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-18-2017, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
And just because it’s growing in numbers and/or members that’s not necessarily a good thing
They've been saying that about junk food for a long time but it's still popular.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-18-2017, 11:28 AM Reply   
^^^ Exactley. My point was not alll things that are gaining In popularity are not a measurement in greatness. Opioids are gaining in popularity as well. The difference I see here is it’s becoming more and more published about the negative effects of Facebook. What’s funny to me is everyone that talks about Facebook in causal conversation they seem to be embarrassed to admit they are apart of it and partisapate In it. (That can’t be good)
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-18-2017, 12:51 PM Reply   
Facebooks stock & some minor things may be growing, but looking at trends it is on the downward spiral now that 90% of it is click-bait & advertising. Pay attention to your teens, they're all gravitating to Twitter & Snapchat, hardly any of them are on the book these days. If you have a smart teen monitoring investments & crypto currency, listen to them. I could be sitting on a good chunk of change (enough to pay off my boat, loans & home anyway) if I would have just listened to my son!!!!! And not bitcoin, all the other ones that he told me to buy last year.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-18-2017, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
They've been saying that about junk food for a long time but it's still popular.

I didn't say that. The comment was that FB would be dead soon. They grew by billions in one year, so they probably won't be dead soon. I don't think FB is a good thing as it stands today. I thought it was a great thing when it was all about keeping up with friends and families.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-18-2017, 2:33 PM Reply   
Maybe they grew by billions but nobody uses it anymore people moved on to other social media platforms it's always been and will be like that.When a new game comes out millions get it then after a while nobody cares about it and new versions come out same with social media. Also Facebook has been known to fake stats to make it look good for them.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-18-2017, 4:30 PM Reply   
Did anyone see that kids were playing “Hide from your parents” on social media. A news story I saw said that teens were slick of being spyed on by parents and they were competing among them selfs who could Hide from parents on social media the longest. Example delete profiles and start new accounts under new names.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-18-2017, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I didn't say that. The comment was that FB would be dead soon. They grew by billions in one year, so they probably won't be dead soon. I don't think FB is a good thing as it stands today. I thought it was a great thing when it was all about keeping up with friends and families.
FB is fine for me. Keeping up with family, hooking up with people from childhood, friends you hadn't see in a long time, plus a lot of people in the wakeboard community.

I understand why they say it's bad for your mental health because it does draw away the veil and reveal crap you probably didn't want to know or believe about humanity. But you don't need to go further than this forum to see exactly the same thing. Pretty sure many of the same reasons they say it's bad for your mental health are going on right here.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-18-2017, 6:28 PM Reply   
I don’t think the problem is social media per se. The kicker is mobile/smartphone proliferation and advancement.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-18-2017, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
FB is fine for me. Keeping up with family, hooking up with people from childhood, friends you hadn't see in a long time, plus a lot of people in the wakeboard community.

I understand why they say it's bad for your mental health because it does draw away the veil and reveal crap you probably didn't want to know or believe about humanity. But you don't need to go further than this forum to see exactly the same thing. Pretty sure many of the same reasons they say it's bad for your mental health are going on right here.
Yeah 2004 has passed, its gone time to move on.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-19-2017, 3:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah 2004 has passed, its gone time to move on.
Nothing like a 28 year old thinking he is still a teenager and trying to stay hip.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-19-2017, 9:27 AM Reply   
I'm not the one on wakeworld at 3am haha.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-19-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not the one on wakeworld at 3am haha.
I live in the EST zone. And I work.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-19-2017, 10:49 AM Reply   
It only makes sence if your a heavy Facebook user or Facebook stock holder that you would defend, it and your time spent on it, sort of like drug addicts that say they don’t have a problem LOL LOL
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-19-2017, 11:17 AM Reply   
Facebook is huge with females 25-65.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-21-2017, 10:31 PM Reply   
Hell facebook and the internet are the only way libtards like fly and wake have the ability to unite with so many snowflake friends, without it their heads would explode having to deal with life in the real world vs living it in their safe space .

The millennials have succeeded in creating their fantasy land/ alternate universe where everyone can get a trophy.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-21-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-21-2017, 11:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Hell facebook and the internet are the only way libtards like fly and wake have the ability to unite with so many snowflake friends, without it their heads would explode having to deal with life in the real world vs living it in their safe space .

The millennials have succeeded in creating their fantasy land/ alternate universe where everyone can get a trophy.
Lmao yep facts straight up facts they find their buddies on here to troll around with.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-22-2017, 3:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lmao yep facts straight up facts they find their buddies on here to troll around with.
You do understand that you are a "millennial"? So swatguy just insulted you and you pat him on the back.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-22-2017, 3:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post

I'm on Facebook maybe once a week. I'm sure you and the other Klansmen you associate with use Facebook way more often than I do.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-22-2017, 8:12 AM Reply   
Wow: so because Swat dosent like Facebook he is a Klansman! LOL LOL
Attached Images

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-22-2017, 9:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
I'm on Facebook maybe once a week. I'm sure you and the other Klansmen you associate with use Facebook way more often than I do.
A) age alone doesn’t make someone a snowflake or a millennial, their mental capacity and inability to think for themselves does

B) don’t have one social media account. Never have never will.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-22-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
If you didn't have a social media account you couldn't post here. This whole thread has become incredibly ironic.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-22-2017, 10:18 AM Reply   
Wake: calling wakeworld “social media” site is like calling a rock a weapon of mass destruction. Here’s a clue for you if your mother and father and grandma join wakeworld then yes maybe it’s. becoming “social media”

He wake and fly will you please “Like” and then “subscribe” then “Friend” me and don’t forget to “follow” LOL LOL LOL

Last edited by grant_west; 12-22-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-22-2017, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow: so because Swat dosent like Facebook he is a Klansman! LOL LOL
It has nothing to do with his like or dislike of Facebook moron. Seriously, can you tie your own shoes or does your wife have to help you out?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-22-2017, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
It has nothing to do with his like or dislike of Facebook moron. Seriously, can you tie your own shoes or does your wife have to help you out?
Whats with the insults? stop being a manchild and calm down a little.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-22-2017, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you didn't have a social media account you couldn't post here. This whole thread has become incredibly ironic.
Forums are not social media its a place for discussions not posting life updates and pictures. Your confused as to what social media is you need to look into it more.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-22-2017, 4:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your confused as to what social media is you need to look into it more
LOL LOL LOL LOL.
I think if he looked into more things we wouldn’t be having these discussions.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-23-2017, 1:35 AM Reply   
Quote:

Can’t seem to understand the fact this forum is different than the idiotic, bs sites that snowflakes use to to show the world who they are and receive their much needed daily dose of relevancy in their fictitious world? I expected way more from such a self proclaimed, smart guy like yourself.

#mindofaliberalatwork

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-23-2017 at 1:40 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-23-2017, 5:44 AM Reply   
When you move up to an occupation where advancement isn't drawn by lottery, then maybe you can talk to me about being smart.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-23-2017, 5:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Whats with the insults? stop being a manchild and calm down a little.
I reread my comments. Where is the insult?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-23-2017, 12:01 PM Reply   
Wake: if you don’t realize that 1/2 of your posts are either straight up insults or back handed comments then, like swat I question your proclaimed “Smarts” you come off as if your some social elite talking down to others that you don’t agree with. Then when you pull back the curtain you find a person that lacks common sense. Look at the way Ralph posts. Prime example he dosent need to insult he can disagree with you and still be civil. Typical snowflake reaction is to meltdown as soon as you hear somthing you don’t agree with!
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-23-2017, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wake: if you don’t realize that 1/2 of your posts are either straight up insults or back handed comments then, like swat I question your proclaimed “Smarts” you come off as if your some social elite talking down to others that you don’t agree with. Then when you pull back the curtain you find a person that lacks common sense. Look at the way Ralph posts. Prime example he dosent need to insult he can disagree with you and still be civil. Typical snowflake reaction is to meltdown as soon as you hear somthing you don’t agree with!
LOL yep.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-23-2017, 12:23 PM Reply   
P.S I’m no Angle, lately I just come here to kick the libTards!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-23-2017, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wake: if you don’t realize that 1/2 of your posts are either straight up insults or back handed comments then, like swat I question your proclaimed “Smarts” you come off as if your some social elite talking down to others that you don’t agree with.
He's not talking down to you because he doesn't agree with you. He's talking down to you because you present yourself as not very intelligent and are happy with that. You intentionally and grossly misspell insults because you can't spell words properly in the first place. If you don't want to be viewed as an idiot the first thing you need to do is stop acting like an idiot. Stop throwing out incredibly stupid insults. It doesn't help your case. The only reason you do it is because you can't form a rational argument and that's your only defense mechanism.

People on both the left and right get on FB and argue just like they do here. The same things that are bad about FB go on here. This thread is a good example. There's good and bad. Here the good is the wakeboarding discussions. On FB the good is hooking up with friends, family, and old acquaintances or coworkers. If FB has been a negative experience for you, or for xstar in his imagination then maybe that says something about you and him. FB has been fine for me.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-23-2017, 1:47 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=fly135;1972533e. The only reason you do it is because you can't form a rational argument and that's your only defense mechanism.

People on both the left and right get on FB and argue just like they do here. The same things that are bad about FB go on here. This thread is a good example. There's good and bad. Here the good is the wakeboarding discussions. On FB the good is hooking up with friends, family, and old acquaintances or coworkers. If FB has been a negative experience for you, or for xstar in his imagination then maybe that says something about you and him. FB has been fine for me.[/QUOTE]

As far as rational arguments go there has not been a single good one coming from the liberals on here and why are you comparing wakeworld and FB they are two separate things? "Hooking up with Family" LOL what the actual........ if you need FB to hook up with family then you have bigger problems then trolling people on wakeworld lolllll.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-31-2017, 5:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Serious question. Is calling people "libratards", "snowflakes", etc. not considered insulting?