Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-07-2016, 11:32 PM Reply   
Wanted to get some open feedback and thoughts from people and not trying to make this a pissing match. We mainly surf these days and have a few kids and like the extra room so really looking for a 23-25 Surf machine. The other big thing is resale value down the road looking for something that I won't take a bath on.

We recently sold a Nautique 230 that I have had for 3 years and actually made a couple thousand when selling it recently. I have had 4 Nautique's and have had excellent experience with them with the overall build quality and reliability. Now as many of you know boats are extremely expensive and Nautique is starting to prices them out of many people budgets and can't see myself spending $ 140-150k from a new G23. So I am starting to look at some of the following boats: Nautique G23 vs Supra SE / SG 450 vs Malibu LSV. The end of the season is coming so the other question is to wait and order a boat in the spring or get something now and have it sit during the winter.

Production number of boats per year.

- Malibu produce 6000 boats a year.
- Nautique produce 3200 a boats a year.
- Supra produce 300 boats a year.

Some of the boats I have been looking are below and some impressions so far from just visiting dealers (Not trying to piss anyone off just observations).

Malibu LSV 23 / 25

- PRO's:

1: Seems like some of the dealers are wanted it to deal a bit and have many have left over 2016's. 1a: What will resale be if dealers have a bunch of extra's which is a concern a few years down the road when I go to sell it.

2. Boats look great and have modern styling.

3. Love the drivers screen seems like you can get to things quickly.

- CON's;

1: A few people have said they have had a ton of problems with the new dash and they have a bunch of service bulletins. Don't how true this or if the issues have been fixed.

2: When I looked with my wife at 5 LSV'S both 23 and 25's i was really surprised at the stitching on the dash above the throtttle. Every single one of the boats that we looked at where the stitching comes together varied and were extremely wavy. One boat varied by close to 3/8's of a inch within a 20 inch sewing stitch line.

3. The rear facing observer seat when opening on the boat seemed very noisy and flimsy.

4. The new Interior seems like it might get very dirty quickly.

Nautique G23 ( everyone is saying to get a 2016 or 17 since the wake is the best).

- PRO'S:
1. It's a Nautique and they are built great and typically have great resale.

2. Fit and finish are one of the best in the market and everything is finished and even Seadeck in storage compartments.

- CON's:

1. They have changed the G23 almost every year with slight changes and some of the 13-14's are getting pretty cheap and getting into the mid high $80's. There are a decent amount of older G23'S out there and prices are dropping.

2. Some people I have spoken to are concerned about the new direct injection PCM motors long term with carbon buildup. Don't know if this is even true or really a issue there seems to be some articles about direct injection issues out there on a few newer vehicles. A few Nautique dealers said you are good for 5 years under warranty which is great.

3. The Lync screen on the 13-16 is small, I know the 2017's have a bigger screen.

4. Expensive

SUPRA SE450 (24.6 foot) SG450 (23.8 foot)

We are leaning more for the SE since they are basically the same price. The SG you have to pay $7k extra for the 450 and the SE you get the 450 by default.

- PRO'S

1. Boat looks great and really nice fit and finish from what I have seen so far.

2. Steering controls for stereo controls seems like a great idea. Giving the ability to use what looks like blinkers left to bump up your speed if surfing. Right to change trim tab on the fly.

3. Ability to order a 2017 and get it in 4 - 5 weeks which is great.

4. They come pretty loaded and use Roswell towers similar as Nautique.

5. Deep hull and seems like a G23 giving tons of storage and room.

- CON's

1. Don't know much about Supra and wonder what the resale will be.

2. Dealers seem small in the area who sell the Supra's.

3. Raptors motors don't know if that is a bad thing or good thing. I grew up being pretty loyal to Chevy vehicles and GM engines. * On the positive side everyone says great things on about the Raptors 450 motors

Please provide feedback and general thought you may have. If anyone has a Supra can you provide feedback on your experience owning one.

Sent from my iPhone please excuse any typos

Thanks
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-08-2016, 5:13 AM Reply   
The 25LSV is an AMAZING boat.

Regarding your cons:

1 - I know a lot of people that have Malibu's. Specifically 16+ with the new dash. They've all been really good from what I can tell. There have been some software updates, so I'd make sure the software is up-to-date.

2 - The interior panels are handmade and hand applied. No boat is perfect. Human error.

3 - never really used the rear facing seat much.

4 - The new vinyl (and this goes for pretty much all manufacturers) is supposed to be A LOT less likely to hold stains and easy to clean.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-08-2016, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
SUPRA SE450 (24.6 foot) SG450 (23.8 foot)
Just went through my first Supra Demo boat and it's really amazing. Vision touch is quite extensive and the off chance you have a problem with it you still have secondary toggle switches to work the entire boat. No loss if time say you're on a trip away from your dealer. SE and SG surf is quite amazing out of the box with stock ballast. On my 4th boat with the raptor motor and have been more then happy A to Z with them, very easy to service yourself. 5 year factory warranty on the motor will give you piece of mind for years to come in a Supra. You've listed some amazing boats, good luck with your search and keep us updated.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       08-08-2016, 7:58 AM Reply   
Great topic as we'll be in the market for one of these same choices in 2018 and we're having the same issues deciding. I don't know much about the Supras and their resale values, but at least in our local area we will not buy one due to the local dealership (they push their other lines of boats more than their Supras and don't seem to have the same knowledge base as the Nautique/Malibu dealer here).

The biggest negative we've recently ran into with Nautique is their resale 'book value'. I.E., the banks don't value the boats as highly as they are priced which makes it hard to acquire a loan if you're buying a used one (discussed in detail at the last boat show in Nashville with the Nautique reps - they are well aware that this is an issue). This may not be an issue for you buying, but it could present an issue when you decide to sell.

Pros/cons:

1 - Nautique G series drives like a tank and drinks the gas. Biggest complains I hear from friends that own them.
2 - Malibu 25 drives like a sports car.
3 - Nautique G wake is better.
4 - Malibu 25 is roomier which is nice when having bigger groups.

Basically, for us it comes down to size vs wake. The G23's wake is better than the Boo's. The Boo is 2' bigger. All said and done, we'll probably go with the G when the time comes. Good luck with whatever you choose... can't go wrong with either I don't think.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-08-2016, 9:12 AM Reply   
Great dialog keep it coming.

The one thing about the Supra and the Raptor 450 i have heard about it getting great gas milage as stated by Dan.

Supra SG450 Wakesurf Boat Review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9TM_gHspQ
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-08-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
+1 for the Supra!

We have an SE450 and love it. Funny mention about the Raptor engine and gas. I've been surprised all summer how well we have done on gas. No calculations or stats to make a claim it just seems like we don't have to fill up very often. Could be the 83 gallon tank though lol.

I really don't think you can go wrong choosing between these 3. If you're looking to take out large crews then the SE and 25LSV will have the edge over the G23.

There will be a much larger dealer network on the BU and Nautique though. Dcross is right about our dealer here in town. They don't push Supra more than their other brands. Sell the crap out of nice pontoons though. I asked them about this and they were very honest. Said they can't move them at a good price point for them. In fact they don't have any new models on their lot but I think you can still order them. They have been awesome for us though and I hope they continue to be a Supra dealer for us in the future.
Old     (bobbysky)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-08-2016, 10:08 AM Reply   
So I have some pretty good knowledge of the brands you are talking about here. So I'll chime in and give you my input. So I currently own 2013 G23, and previously I had a 2009 Malibu LSV. My good friend is rider/salesman for Nautique, Supra, Moomba therefore I've gotten to ride behind and test all G21/23/25 through the years, as well as the whole Supra lineup.

Nautique - G23

Pro's -

-Big deep boat that handles rough water very well.
-When surfing or wakeboarding it always amazes me how flat the boat rides, I really never use the bolster seat because the bow is never really high.
-Very well thought out and functional (all the rear facing convertible seating, everything compartment hinged or has shocks, cooler in floor, easy access to engine and ballast pumps and batteries, etc)
-the best stock/overstock wakeboard wake (13-15) - great wake (16)
-really good stock surf wave (13-15) - great stock wave (16) Tons of push and customizable. Adding extra weight needs different placement between the first generation and second.
-great craftsmanship on just about every detail not over the top either.
-very easy to setup wake or wave and drive for those unfamiliar with pulling no real messing around just punch the throttle and go.
-Rock solid tower
-Tons of storage not used up by ballast. And I mean tons of usable space.
-Look huge on the water
-NSS looks more fitting on the boat then Surfgate
-Resell

Cons -

-13-15 boats can get a little wet while surfing in the right wind conditions the 2016 have fixed the problem.
-Stereo is not great even in the 2016 with the JL Audio.
-They are big and deep so even a slight breeze makes it tough on low speed maneuvers
-Prop torque and equipment placement makes the boat lean to the starboard side when unweighted. ( I always have a 150# cube in the rear port locker to counteract this)
-Gas consumption is not great on 13, get a little better with 14-15, and a little better with DI motors (it's a big heavy boat, I wouldn't expect great fuel mileage)
-Because the seats are really boxy it's not as comfortable as a Malibu or Mastercraft
-If you stop to quickly while wakeboarding or surfing water will come over the walkthrough of the boat.

Supra SG/SE

Pros -

-Both big boats (either picklefork or more blunt nose) and handle rough water well
-Very nice interior that is functional and comfortable.
-Both will have a very nice wakeboard wake with PNP Ballast.
-Very nice LED lighting throughout
-Touch screen is really nice and easy to use, especially with steering wheel controls.
-Backup switches
-Solid tower
-Good Stereo
-Ford motors are nice and push the boat just fine
-New surf setup is cool uses some equipment to tell the boat exactly how you like the wave then adjust ballast, speed and tabs on the fly to make it the same every time.
-Clamping Racks
-Look killer on the water
-Cheaper than a Nautique G23 and Malibu 25 LSV by quite a bit.

Cons-

-Pretty bow high when towing a rider either wake or surf
-Ford motor has a pretty loud exhaust note (can be fixed with a fresh air exhaust)
-The waves are really nice shape and ride, but lack a bit on the push. (I'm sure this can be cured with more ballast but just doesn't have the same push as the G23)
-Resell, even though Supra is just as nice as the big three they don't have the same name recognition.
-Surf system doesn't work as well as the NSS and Surf Gate
-Loss of storage when adding PNP ballast

Malibu 25LSV

Pros-

-Big and long surf wave easily changed with wedge and Surf Gate
-Huge lounge are with very comfortable seats
-Nice looking electronics
-Solid Tower
-Look great on the water
-Very nice and friendly wakeboard wake
-Clamping board racks
-Resell
-Drive like a sports car not a truck

Cons

-Personal opinion here but I hate the look of Surfgate looks out of place
-Ever since Malibu got bought out by venture capitalist I feel like they cut corners and the build quality is not what it once was.
-Wedge takes quite a bit of extra power to overcome even with it's new back angle
-Loss of storage when adding extra ballast that it needs to surf and wake properly
-I've heard not experienced a lot of bugs with there new big screen.
-Because of big screen you can barely see through windshield bolster seat use is a must.
-The true flat bottom of a Malibu leads to a very harsh rough water ride.

If it were my choice would be G23 (little biased), SE, SG, Malibu 25lsv.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-08-2016, 10:40 AM Reply   
^ Not even looking for a new boat and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It has always blown my mind how low the G bow stays while surfing. I don't think our SE is too high. I don't need a bolster but then again I'm 6'4. Everyone else uses the bolster. Rode in a 22vlx... Bow rise was so high the driver had to stand while pulling a surfer.
Old     (airshark360)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-08-2016, 11:35 AM Reply   
great write up bobbysky , That makes sense on the build quality of the Malibu. I have had mine since we bought it new in 2001 and all these threads(on the malibu crew) on issues people are having is really is pushing me away from buying a new one.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-08-2016, 1:01 PM Reply   
Great info Robert thank you it's great getting feedback and hearing peoples views.

One question you said the Supra Surf System doesn't work as well as the NSS and SurfGate.

I would almost think you have more control over the Surf wave on the Supra's if you wanted to make changes to it. The NSS only has about a 2 inch movement outside of the hull and many times it seemed like the plates were out of the water. Typically we use to stagger the weight 70 / 30 or 60 /40 to get the best wave when i had the my 230. I would think the Malibu would be the same thing on the Surfgate in some way if you had any kind of staggered weight.
Old     (jgilson)      Join Date: Feb 2016       08-08-2016, 1:38 PM Reply   
I currently have a 2016 SE450, and we had a 2014 G23 before it. I have not ridden behind a 2016 G23, but I know our SE puts up a much better surf wave than our ’14 G23 ever did. The wave is longer and has way more push. It terms of fit and finish, I would say the boats are very comparable. I do miss the extra storage of the G, but the SE still has plenty. The SE also drives way better and handles rough water better too. Also, I have to disagree with Robert about the bow rise when pulling a surfer. I think supra’s swell system does a way better job of keeping the bow down. Putting a plate directly down into the water actually forces the bow down. The NSS also dragged the boat to one side, forcing the driving to make continuous steering adjustments while driving. The Supra cruises in a perfectly straight line while pulling a surfer. Supra’s launch system also does an amazing job of getting the boat on plane too. Our G used to get stuck trying to get on plane all the time, and we never have that problem with the supra. The redundancy in Supra switches are great too, and the LEDs throughout & tower lights do a much better job of lighting up the interior of the boat at night than the G.

-Sorry about the rushed haphazard write up. I only had a few minutes. Hope it helps. We love our Supra.
Old     (bobbysky)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-08-2016, 1:42 PM Reply   
Maybe that was a loaded answer on my part. I feel that the surf tabs like Supra, Tige, Mastercraft do work but you still have to have extra ballast and a bit of a list. The NSS and Surfgate work very well with stock ballast, even better with the NSS and G23 because of the 2850 of stock ballast. Malibu still needs a bit of Plug and Play to make the wave great. With G23 you have the NCRS and NSS to play with and adjust the wave to your liking. Malibu it's the wedge and surfgate. The all tab systems you have a ton of adjust ability as well. IMHO the tab systems just work with different hydro dynamics than the delayed convergence systems and I feel delayed convergence is better.
Old     (jgilson)      Join Date: Feb 2016       08-08-2016, 4:39 PM Reply   
Really, all of the surf systems are extremely similar. All of the tabs systems, as well as NSS and Surf Gate, use delayed convergence. They delay the convergence of the wake on the non-surf side into the wake on the surf side in order to produce a surf wave. Tabs just goes down, and NSS and Surf Gate go out to the side, but they both act on the opposite side of the surf wave. Between the two, tab systems gives the benefit of being able to use the surf plates as trim tabs in order to help get the boat on plane, which is what Supra's Launch system does. For the same reason, because they go down, the tabs lower the bow when surfing. The Supra also has plenty of stock ballast, at 3200lbs, it is more than the G's 2850lbs. In terms of listing, I always listed my G slightly to improve the wave, and I do the same thing on my SE, but both boats can throw big waves without listing at all. At the end of the day, all of the surf systems are awesome and produce crazy waves.

Also, another fun fact between the two boats, and this only matters if you have some bad drivers like we do in my crew, it seems like getting water in the bow is a less frequent occurrence in the SE.
Old     (lovenwlink)      Join Date: May 2011       08-08-2016, 10:31 PM Reply   
I've wakeboarded and surfed behind a '16 G23, stock, easy fill etc - great boat, may be over built. I've surfed behind a Supra '16 450SE.
The Supra was slammed and the surf wave was awesome, ridiculously long and super firm- seems like he gets above average fuel economy. - He has the swell system and you can't put FAE on the boat currently. Have not been in the 2016 Malibu. I suspect the Nautique and Malibu will have better resale value / be easier to sell in the end. They all seem to make nice boats.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2016, 11:06 PM Reply   
If you can't put FAE on a Supra, that's a deal breaker for most people who've experienced it before.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-08-2016, 11:15 PM Reply   
We had 15 people with tons of gear and the 25LSV was awesome
https://youtu.be/33No636k6kY
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2016, 11:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
We had 15 people with tons of gear and the 25LSV was awesome
https://youtu.be/33No636k6kY
Cool vid. You sure had a lot of gear, but that looks more like 10-11 people including the rider. Maybe I'm blind...
Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2016, 4:30 AM Reply   
You can put an FAE on the SE. My boat was the proto type, after 5 versions it was completed last week and lake tested Saturday.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-09-2016, 7:25 AM Reply   
We might have dropped some people off by that point. 18 originally left the dock on the first outing
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-09-2016, 7:58 AM Reply   
I've been on a 25LSV with 17 people. Zero plug-n-play, all tanks filled, wedge 2 clicks, wake was HUGE.

The 450 Raptor is a great motor and the lifting wedge works amazingly well.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-09-2016, 10:17 AM Reply   
Dusty

How did they do the FAE does it go outside the Trim Tab or does it go through it ?
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-09-2016, 10:23 AM Reply   
Dusty

How are they doing the FAE does it go outside the trim tab ?

Is FAE or Supra coming out with it ?
Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2016, 11:59 AM Reply   
It comes out past the wake plate and is bolted thru hull. I will snap photos when I pull the boat out.
Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2016, 11:59 AM Reply   
It is from FAE, not Supra
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-09-2016, 12:02 PM Reply   
Yes you can get the FAE for Supras. Also the bow rise on the Supras are not bad at all. Very comparable to the G. I will also add that I know a few people with 16 G23's and they are having to add weight to get the surf wave where they want it. So you can add that to the con list. Taking up storage and these aren't going to be plumbed in. So that is another hassle in itself. All 3 will get the job done, but getting the most bang for your buck. I think the Supra needs to be high on the list.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-09-2016, 1:27 PM Reply   
I would have stuck to "the bow rise on supras is not bad at all".......... I regularly drive every model they make, and that is what I would say in comparison to most others, especially Malibu.

That said, they ride a whole lot higher in the bow than a G at surf speeds. It's not even close. I'm not that tall (5'8"), but I have to have the power seat all the way up, and frequently bolster up too, if I don't have people in the bow. On the other hand, my 5'2" girlfriend drives the G23 with the bolster down, and without an adjustable seat, and can see everything around her. She has to stand up in almost every other boat she drives.

Also, nobody is adding weight in a 16 G23 to get an exceptional wave. Sure, there are a couple out there that are adding weight for a bigger wave, just because they can, and always will, no matter the boat....... But, out of the box, it is an incredible wave. And it puts out its best wave without any listing. It is the first boat I have ridden that didn't benefit from at least a little offset of weight to the surf side. And one thing I can tell you about a supra, is that the evenly weighted wave is not nearly as good as the wave they put out with offset weight. Not even close. That said, every supra in the lineup has a damn nice wave when it is listed slightly.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2016, 11:42 PM Reply   
I'm also not to crazy about the amount of bow rise on a Supra, but it varies from type to type.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-10-2016, 7:49 AM Reply   
I am on my second LSV and I am ordering my 3rd today. Unless you overprice your LSV or it is weird color, it will sale lightening quick.

If A G23 is on your list and in your price range, look to the 25 LSV. It is my favorite boat of all time. It has the biggest and best shaped wake that I have ever seen/ridden (and I have played a whole day in the M235).
Old     (silvtondvl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-10-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
You can put an FAE on the SE. My boat was the proto type, after 5 versions it was completed last week and lake tested Saturday.
Awesome news Dusty
Christina told me this was going on!
Time to call and get mine ordered!

As for which boat to buy,

They all throw Great Surf Wakes compared to anything we had even 5 years ago.

All boats have some things they do or have better than the other boat.

What you need to figure out is, what fits YOUR style and budget.

The boat dealers can make or break your boat ownership. Don't buy from a dealer that has service issues.

Me personally - Supra.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-10-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
I do not have the LSV but I do have a 2015 22 VLX with the new dash. It has been flawless after 180 hours and two seasons of use. There was a software update this year that your dealer was allowed to do which allowed 2015 owners to add the surf band. I have seen very few posts on TMC site about any problems with the new dash.

The LSV is a great ride, one of the better surf waves in the lineup. It also throws a respectable wakeboard wake as well that is clean at lower speeds. The Power Wedge 2 is awesome with the new LIFT feature and single hydraulic ram, really nice for surfing and wake boarding to fine tune the wake in.

I am on my third Malibu (2011,13,15) and they all have been great boats. I am a fan of there styling and interior layout. They also have great resell value, especially the LSV. I also see you are in Eldorado Hills, Larson Marine is the Malibu dealer and they will take care of you. I have bought multiple boats from them, Craig and his crew are great to deal with.

Best of luck in your search, I give a vote for the Malibu LSV :-)

Last edited by fman; 08-10-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old     (MC)      Join Date: Sep 2015       08-11-2016, 8:08 PM Reply   
I really love my x30 and if you are primarily going to surf the x23 is fantastic. I would definitely look at both those boats.
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       08-13-2016, 8:34 AM Reply   
SG dollar for dollar the better value IMHO. Will prob be my next boat.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-15-2016, 11:32 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the feedback great info from everyone looks like i will be going with the Supra.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-15-2016, 3:19 PM Reply   
Don't care about the screen size, no matter what boat you buy and i see, you don't care about it when you choose the supra ;-).
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-19-2016, 1:57 PM Reply   
Wanted to say thank you for everyone’s feedback it really helped me out deciding what boat to get. I ended up going with the used 2016 Supra SE450 with 80 hours on it from a WW member Shane10p who reached out and said he might be selling his boat. It’s kind of funny I never thought I wanted a Black boat due to trying to keep it clean all the time and thinking it would be super-hot. The black defiantly gets water spots if you are not on it you just have to use Boat Bling Hot Sauce and they come right off. Overall I am really liking the black / red hull and darker interior. The darker interior really seems to hide dirt and always looks clean don’t think I can go back to having white interior again. When having white interior in the past it looked great when clean, after a day out with buddies or the family it would look trashed after a day on the water.

A few comments after taking it out a couple of times and playing around with the wave I think I am going to be pretty happy.

Fit and Finish
: Overall the room and all the storage is great it’s holds tons of gear and the storage is deep similar to a G also completely finished in all the compartments.
I must say it’s very much up there with Nautique much of the interior is very well thought out and well designed. The quality of the interior seems top notch and everything fits very well and the layout works well.

Drivability: While surfing with the stock ballast which is 3200 pounds and even adding another 1200 pounds the boat would get up on plane with no problems with the 450 motor. One thing I was very surprised me with was how nimble and responsive the boat turns similar almost seemed like it was a direct drive which really blew me away. I was able to do a 360 (which I don’t normally do) which is pretty impressive for a 24.7 foot boat (my last boat SAN 230 wouldn’t do it very well).

Boat even fits in my 8 foot Garage Tandem garage by about a 3/4 of a inch and still room to park a car.

Really wanted to say thanks to Shane and Greg Water @ AWS in Portland they were great to work with.

Below are some pictures of the boat.
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2016, 3:51 PM Reply   
Holy cow Dave! That thing is purdy. Looks like you even got a sound system that's already dialed and everything. Couple questions:
1.How is it backing that triple axle into the driveway?
2.Have you noticed the hot sauce stripping your wax at all?
Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2016, 4:41 PM Reply   
Dave, FAE got the pipe done finally. The final version is a single piece bolt on and has held great. Only difference, yours will be longer due to the wakeplate.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-19-2016, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Holy cow Dave! That thing is purdy. Looks like you even got a sound system that's already dialed and everything. Couple questions:
1.How is it backing that triple axle into the driveway?

Trailer works awesome first triple axel tailer I have owned. They do make noise since when they go to a triple they use leaf springs instead of torsion.

2.Have you noticed the hot sauce stripping your wax at all?

Haven't noticed that yet. Just spent 8 hours waxing it from top to bottom.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-19-2016, 7:52 PM Reply   
Congrats Dave ! That boat was a absolute blast to have this season glad it found a good home. Your review on the finish and how the SE drives has been my experience as well and can't wait to get my 2017 ordered up. Gonna be tough to beat how this one turned out was a little sad to see it go.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-27-2016, 7:14 AM Reply   
Man some of these reviews have me wanting an SE for 17'. Hope you love the boat!!!!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-27-2016, 8:01 AM Reply   
Dave - Boat is sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkk
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-27-2016, 8:06 AM Reply   
Nice boat!!! congrats, Looks amazing... and thumbs up on the Exile system! :-)
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2016, 10:25 AM Reply   
If you get a chance, can you measure the height of the highest part of the boat with the tower folded?

Thanks!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-27-2016, 4:39 PM Reply   
Above he said he was 3/4" under an 8' garage. I think all Skiers Choice boats will go under an 8' garage if you fold the second puck on the tower mount
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       09-27-2016, 9:49 PM Reply   
Nice boat. Come on....you knew you were getting Black/Red the whole time...to match your motorcycles...LOL
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-28-2016, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by getssum View Post
If you get a chance, can you measure the height of the highest part of the boat with the tower folded?

Thanks!

Yea tower in the lowest position and using a drop hitch I can get it in my 8 foot garage, technically I want say 7 foot 10 inches due to the header facia.

Boatmate said also with a triple axel trailer ( which I have ) they use leaf springs and it sits 1-2 inches taller then a tandem torsion axel trailer.

Hope this helps
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-29-2016, 1:06 PM Reply   
Great information, thanks a LOT for taking the time to measure this for me!
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-04-2018, 2:38 PM Reply   
Selling the SE 450 if anyone is interested �� 916 202 1422.

For Sale: Supra SE450 with lots it upgrades and custom color PTM racks.
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/6683616239.html
Old     (thejean)      Join Date: Aug 2018       09-04-2018, 9:20 PM Reply   
Had a 2013 LSV. Sold it after one season. Tested a 2017 XT23 and a 2018 LSV and ended up buying a demo 2017 G23 for $30k more than the new 2018 LSV. Quality wise, the Bu just doesn’t compare. Wave was good but I far prefer the steepness of the G23 wave. So much push! Can’t say much about the Supra other than after sitting in it, I knew it wasn’t for me. Just a bit too retro / muscle car feeling for me. And again, fit and finish aren’t up to Nautique standards. But you pay more for a SAN. Oh, and storage on the G is insane if that matters. I can store 6 surf boards, a knee board, 3 wake boards, a wake skate board, a Big Mable, 15 life jackets, 6 wet suits, two anchors, a million towels, my tarp, and food for 15 for the day all below the seats and out of sight, not even using the board racks. It’s nuts. And doesn’t even take away at all from my 2850 lbs of ballast. You just can’t find a better all around boat in my opinion.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-06-2018, 11:15 AM Reply   
Dave,

Whats next?
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-06-2018, 10:30 PM Reply   
Possibly a 2019 Supra SE550 depending on cost would really like to stay with a Supra.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-07-2018, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewfo View Post
Possibly a 2019 Supra SE550 depending on cost would really like to stay with a Supra.

I can tell you after two days in mine, it’s crazy how good it is. Having the SA,17 SE, a G23 and now 19 SE. Supra listened to the riders and this thing is the ticket.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-07-2018, 7:13 PM Reply   
Yes the new Supra looks really good this year did you do the 450 or the 550 ?

Video that they posted today doing a walkthrough of the 2019 Supra SE550
https://www.facebook.com/prowakewate...6365931968392/

Last edited by Davewfo; 09-07-2018 at 7:20 PM.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-08-2018, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewfo View Post
Yes the new Supra looks really good this year did you do the 450 or the 550 ?

Video that they posted today doing a walkthrough of the 2019 Supra SE550
https://www.facebook.com/prowakewate...6365931968392/

550, but I heard they are doing the 1:76-1 and the 460 I think will work with that setup.