Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-09-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
My Wakeboard stance is Ducked, so...I m gonna snowboard for the first time and wanted to know if the bindings stance should be the same as wakeboarding.
Thank you.

Lucho
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-09-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
I'd say yes, duck your snowboard stance as you would for wakeboarding, however depending on how wide your stance is wakeboarding, and your skill level, I wouldn't go quite as wide when first starting out... some may disagree but I like my snowboard stance a hair narrower than all the way out...
Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-09-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
wakeboarding i go all the way out, but may be a should try both...all the way and a lil narrower.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
note that snowboards do not put the screw holes symetrically on the board, if you put them on just like a wakeboard then you will have more of the snowboard to your left if you are a regular rider, you do not want this because you should be riding goofy as much as regular when you are on the snowboard
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-11-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
I think thats what I meant to say, don't snowboard often, but do like to keep both bindings even distance from tip and tail respectively... good point joe
Old     (bvanhemmen)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-11-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
It does not matter if you have more nose than tail. Setting up a snowboard cannot be compared to a wakeboard because they aren't meant to be perfectly assymetrical in nose and tail length. Hit some pow and tell me if you wish you had the same nose and tail length. The inserts are put on a snowboard for a reason. Do not look at how even the tail and nose are, go with the stance width you prefer at the PROPER holes.

Peace
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-11-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
ride a true twin snow board and you can set it up like your wakeboard.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
I ride a twin park snowboard and set up my stance as wide as possible but my duck on my snowboard isn't the same on each foot as it is on my wakeboard.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2007, 12:03 AM Reply   
Im not ducked on my snowboard. I tried even duck and it did not work for me at all So im about 15 out on the front and even on the back, rocks and I can ride switch easy. I think I might try the same on my wakeboard because riding switch on it is hard so maybe if Im even 0 on the rear foot that may help.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       07-12-2007, 1:07 AM Reply   
same stance angles for me +15 front -9 back, why change? it's the same concept as far as edge control.. but a little wider stance on the wakeboard
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2007, 1:32 AM Reply   
My s/b stance: 24 inches wide, angles 15/15 duck. On the wakeboard is the same.
Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-12-2007, 4:37 AM Reply   
thanx guys, this really helps...people here told me that i was crazy because ducked was WRONG on a snowboard....but i thought if it is so confortable on a wakeboard, wy would it be so WRONG in the snow?
Old     (joos)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-12-2007, 5:11 AM Reply   
if ur just starting might wanna keep in narrower but later on, max it out for them jibs
Old     (bvanhemmen)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-12-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Ducked wrong on a snowboard? Wow, sure a lot of people ride both bindings with a +ve angle, but no stance on a board is "wrong". If it's right for you then it's right for you. Case closed.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
i think shaun white ride 12 degrees ducked and I won't even tell him he is riding wrong LOL