Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-18-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
Can anyone give me a comparison of Zeus and Murray Bindings? I know...try them out but it is a few months before I can get on the water and things seem to be a bit cheaper now. BTW both are 2006 models. (clearouts)
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-18-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
I've heard the zeus are great boots, they fit great and the hinge tech is great...but if you do get them you gotta call cwb and get the replacement lacing system sent. cause its going to break the first or second time you ride them. again this is just from reading forums on it and stuff, cause i was thinking about getting them too. so great boot overall, minor inconvenience when you first get them.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-18-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
The 06 Zeus did not have the recoil lace system thats the 07's.
The 06 Zeus is a great binding, I still have many customers still riding the 06 Zeus and loving them.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-18-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
Kyle is thinking of the 2007 boot.

If this is the boot you are thinking of buying, I would go for it. This boot was very reliable and comfortable, even as a 1st generation hinge boot. I watched guys ride them 6-7 sets a week, all year with no problems. 0

The 2007 boot had a fragile lace system.

If you have a boat show near you, I highly recommend picking up the 2008 model at 20% off.

Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-18-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
another good reason to go for 2008 model is that the hinge is more flush against the boot and points down instead of up. the old hinge has potential to poke you in the leg when you bend your knees enough to suck your ankles to your butt
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-18-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
Which absolutely blows me away. How does one get themselves into that position? When someone first wrote that I thought they were joking.

The 2006 Zeus is a great boot and much more durable than the Murray. The 2006 Murray was a sweat ride, stiff and nice. The BOA can break, but they are comfy boots. I'd go CWB all the way.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-18-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
Any idea where I can get the 2006?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-18-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
My friend had 06s and the overlays ripped twice. Good waranty department though.

Supposedly the Murrays also had ripping problems so pick your poison.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-18-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
I just bought a pair of 2007 Zeus from BBB (Boarder's Mall). At the advice of others who have these boots I contacted CWB to get replacement overlays that do not have the "Recoil" lace system. Therefore, Once I change out the overlays I will have 2007 Zeus' with regular laces.

Just a thought if you are considering looking for a deal on last years boots, but were turned off by the recoil laces.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-18-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
contortionist wakeboarding?

Apples to crap. no comparison. Zeus. the 08's look dope with white stitching. or blacked out would be cool.

And how come Hype can figure out the toe cap? I haven't seen a pair of murray's that didn't look like they were forgotton by the fireplace.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-18-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
I'm still riding the 06 Zeus and the only problem I've had with them after 2 seasons is broken laces, but CWB took care of me without a problem. Definitely the best binding I've ever ridden...
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-18-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
Absolutely love my 08 Murray boots....got a few runs on them in florida..they are awesome.. Cant wait for spring here @ mi to get back on them. I had the Ronix cells last season...they were extremely comfy...but the fit, comfort and the ease of entry on the 08 Murray boots...undeniably fantastic!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-21-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
I ride the 06 Zeus and was a little displeased with them. I only ride about once or twice a week and after 8 months the laces blew out. Also some of the seems are coming apart. I would not say their durable. I will say that you can not beat the hinge tech. With other bindings I seem to have problems with heel lift. No heel lift with the hinge tech.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-22-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
Yesterday the UPS man brought me my new 2007 Zeus bindings. The first thing I noticed was how incredibly cheap and crappy the laces are as well as the whole recoil system. I am amazed at what a piece of junk the recoil is. What were they thinking?

The first thing I did was to pull out the cheap laces and recoil crap. I replaced the dual lace system with one single 54" lace of much thicker quality. I also added a lace clip from an old pair of bindings I had (the lace clip will let me clip the laces to something on the boot so they are not flapping around). The thicker lace will allow me to really cinch down the laces and get the tight, snug fit that I like.

For the past year and a half I have been riding the 2007 Faction boot. I understand that the Zeus is supposed to be taller with better ankle support, but to be honest the difference is minimal. When putting the Zeus side by side with my Faction boots the Zeus might be at most 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch taller than the Faction. The lower portion of the Zeus has 4 sets of lace eyelets where the Faction only has 3. Both boots have 2 sets of eyelets on the upper ankle. The Faction has a top layer of material that covers up the lower section of the boot, but it does not affect the fit at all; it is only cosmetic. Aside from that the only big difference between the two boots is the Zeus has a rubber strap that goes over the top of your foot just below the ankle.

When trying both boots on I pretty much can't tell the difference. They both fit the same. Perhaps the new 2008 Zeus will be noticeably different from the Faction, but as far as the 2007 models go I wouldn't spend more money to get one over the other. Just buy the cheapest one you come across and you will be happy. They are both great boots, but there's just not enough difference in the fit to justify spending more money.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-22-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
Richard. I was not a fan of the 2007 Zeus either. It was definitely the worst year for the Zeus boot, and I've been riding them since 03. When they premiered at the boat show last year, I was afraid to show them for fear that riders would call me out on the quality, or, that someone would try a pair on and break off the recoil.

It's hard to post this as CWB does support me a little, but I honestly just don't have anything good to say about the 2007 boot.

ALL 08 stuff is top notch. The are significant differences between the entry and pro level boots. The Zeus is stiff and rugged. The lace locks are easy to use, and there's no longer excessive pressure on the top of the foot. The hinge and it's counter parts are flush and tightly integrated behind the overlay.
Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-22-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the replies...I am looking at the 06 Zeus so I don't think the lace recoil will be an issue.