Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-17-2022, 1:58 PM Reply   
Cop Who Killed Ashli Babbitt Was Never Interviewed by Police Before Being Cleared of Wrongdoing: Report

If a new report from Real Clear Investigations turns out to be true, serious questions may be raised regarding the professional ethics of the investigation into the shooting of Ashli Babbitt.

Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was among the crowd that illegally stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Babbitt was killed when a Capitol Police officer fired into the approaching mob.

The new report, released by RCI on Tuesday, claims that Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd — the officer who shot Babbitt — was cleared of all wrongdoing without ever having been interviewed by investigators.

The outlet cited “several sources and documents” it said it had reviewed.

An attorney for the Babbitt family, Terry Roberts, also confirmed the findings.

“He didn’t provide any statement to investigators and they didn’t push him to make a statement,” Roberts said.

“It’s astonishing how skimpy his investigative file is.”

Among the documents reviewed by RCI was a January 2021 internal affairs report that showed Byrd “declined to provide a statement.”

A Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman confirmed the story as well, noting that Byrd had refused to cooperate with both the department’s internal affairs unit and the FBI.

“MPD did not formally interview Lt. Byrd,” said Kristen Metzger, deputy communications director for the MPD.

“He didn’t give a statement while under the U.S. Attorney’s Office investigation.”

One of the unicorns of a police involved shootings ever investigated. The actual officer never gave a written or verbal statement in any investigation. That is the first of its kind every in the history of officer involved shooting investigations in America.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-17-2022, 2:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Cop Who Killed Ashli Babbitt Was Never Interviewed by Police Before Being Cleared of Wrongdoing: Report

If a new report from Real Clear Investigations turns out to be true, serious questions may be raised regarding the professional ethics of the investigation into the shooting of Ashli Babbitt.

Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was among the crowd that illegally stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Babbitt was killed when a Capitol Police officer fired into the approaching mob.

The new report, released by RCI on Tuesday, claims that Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd — the officer who shot Babbitt — was cleared of all wrongdoing without ever having been interviewed by investigators.

The outlet cited “several sources and documents” it said it had reviewed.

An attorney for the Babbitt family, Terry Roberts, also confirmed the findings.

“He didn’t provide any statement to investigators and they didn’t push him to make a statement,” Roberts said.

“It’s astonishing how skimpy his investigative file is.”

Among the documents reviewed by RCI was a January 2021 internal affairs report that showed Byrd “declined to provide a statement.”

A Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman confirmed the story as well, noting that Byrd had refused to cooperate with both the department’s internal affairs unit and the FBI.

“MPD did not formally interview Lt. Byrd,” said Kristen Metzger, deputy communications director for the MPD.

“He didn’t give a statement while under the U.S. Attorney’s Office investigation.”

One of the unicorns of a police involved shootings ever investigated. The actual officer never gave a written or verbal statement in any investigation. That is the first of its kind every in the history of officer involved shooting investigations in America.
I am confident you will be just as correct on this prediction that you were on Chauvin being innocent.
Hey, if Ashli Babbit was breaking in to " a vacant building" as you say, how was there a cop inside waiting to shoot her? Im trying to picture this.
And ...you being such an expert with decades of experience...
Quote:
I know how things operate. Been part of 100’s of undercover ooeriations in my 23yr career. When it looks like an elephant , roars like an elephant , and smells like a elepahnt it’s an elephant . No matter how hard the left wants it to be a rino.

Common practice for undercovers to completely disappear , I also know how many undercovers we have roaming crowds during simple protests in Chicago. I can. Only imagine the manpower the FBI had working the crowds on the 6th. Maybe if you educated yourself on operations your wouldn’t look like such a fool commenting on them.

I did also watch your lame video. All that showed is the officers gave up their position in front of the hallway and gave access to the demonstrators. If that hallway was such a protected venue 5-6 guards wouldn’t have walked away. I then watched a scared security guard who’s never seen an iota of action shoot an unarmed female with no means to put that security officer in any fear of death or great bodily harm. Once again I find it comical you’ve consistently defended armed violent felons attempting to kill police officers and innocently civilians with weapons when their acted upon, yet you’re completely ok with an security guard shooting an unarmed individual that presented no threat of great bodily harm or death to anyone. You’re a joke.
Did you notice the groups entering in fatigues using military stack formation, hand on shoulder of the guy in front? Those were the Oath Keepers moving in. Thought an expert like yourself would have seen that from a mile away. Looks like an elephant to me.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-17-2022, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I am confident you will be just as correct on this prediction that you were on Chauvin being innocent.
Hey, if Ashli Babbit was breaking in to " a vacant building" as you say, how was there a cop inside waiting to shoot her? Im trying to picture this.
And ...you being such an expert with decades of experience...

Did you notice the groups entering in fatigues using military stack formation, hand on shoulder of the guy in front? Those were the Oath Keepers moving in. Thought an expert like yourself would have seen that from a mile away. Looks like an elephant to me.

What prediction is that ?

There you go making up lies again because you can’t provide a valid fact based response. It’s way too predictable.

Chauvin was convicted on fear , propaganda , pressure to prevent another riot, and jurors not wanting to fear death as they walked about after their decision. End of story. George Floyd was a dead man walking when he decided to fight and struggle with police exploiting his bad heart and the amount of fentanyl in his system. Chauvin was convicted because he failed to render aid. Video showed he wasn’t on his neck for the entire struggle as was claimed millions times over by the BLM lovers. Read the testimony. Wouldn’t expect you to acknowledge the facts. Got any other violent felons you want to support and hail as heroes ?

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-17-2022 at 3:30 PM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-17-2022, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
There you go making up lies again because you can’t provide a valid fact based response. It’s way too predictable.

Chauvin was convicted on fear , propaganda , and pressure to prevent another riot. End of story. George Floyd was a dead man walking when he decided to fight and struggle with police exploiting his bad heart and the amount of fentanyl in his system. Chauvin was convicted because he failed to render aid. Video showed he wasn’t on his neck as was claimed millions times over by the BLM lovers. Read the testimony. Wouldn’t expect you to acknowledge the facts. Got any other violent felons you want to support and haul as heroes ?
Are you telling me that a" dead man walking" with a "bad heart" AND full of fentanyl took 4 cops to take him down, seems he would just keel over on his own, shoulda let him.
Chauvin was convicted because he kept his knee on a mans back for 4 or 5 minutes after the man was unconscious. Wouldnt expect you to know the facts, just your overly emotional incorrect opinion.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-17-2022, 6:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Are you telling me that a" dead man walking" with a "bad heart" AND full of fentanyl took 4 cops to take him down, seems he would just keel over on his own, shoulda let him.
Chauvin was convicted because he kept his knee on a mans back for 4 or 5 minutes after the man was unconscious. Wouldnt expect you to know the facts, just your overly emotional incorrect opinion.
So we agree. He was convicted because he failed to render aid to man that was unconscious laying in the ground after fighting and being uncooperative with police. Appreciate you one again making yourself look like a fool with your own response.

Once again proving your lack of knowledge about what people hopped up on drugs , adrenaline , and who just don’t want to cooperate can actually accomplish. You’ve already proven you lack of any law knowledge , your lack of police policy knowledge , your lack of use of force knowledge , and now on display is your idiocy of what people hopped up on drugs , adrenaline , and or who just don’t want to cooperate can accomplish if given an opportunity. The facts are exactly as I described and were transcribed in the court. Read the transcripts .

So here your arguing police should be able to handle 6ft 6inch 240lb male on drugs solo , but in same breath saying 3 cops in a hallway couldn’t handle an unarmed 5 ft 5 white woman trespassing ? Makes complete sense

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-17-2022 at 6:51 PM.