Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-21-2018, 3:56 PM Reply   
Okay, in light of the current economic news, state of the union and SCOTUS cluster, who thinks we're headed for a red tide in November vs a blue tide?

Care to say why?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-22-2018, 2:12 AM Reply   
Well here's one district that I think will be safely staying red... even though 6 of the repub incumbent's siblings put out an ad encouraging people to vote for their bro's opponent LOL

Generally speaking who knows what's gonna happen. I think a lot of it will have to do with how successful get out the vote movements are - there appear to be a ton of close races that may be decided by small margins - just like 2016.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2018, 5:32 AM Reply   
LOL, bet he's not at the family holiday gatherings.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-23-2018, 4:38 PM Reply   
Yikes, guess here’s another election that will flip red to blue...

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/23/pol...www.cnn.com%2F

Wonder if the poor girl, having been failed by her teacher and pastor, turned to her local republican state rep for help... oh wait...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-23-2018, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Yikes, guess here’s another election that will flip red to blue...

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/23/pol...www.cnn.com%2F

Wonder if the poor girl, having been failed by her teacher and pastor, turned to her local republican state rep for help... oh wait...
If that ish is true, I only have one suggestion with two words: Human composter.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-23-2018, 6:58 PM Reply   
House might be rough for gop but Mitch Mcconell’s majority is probably pretty safe:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ating-by-state
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-23-2018, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
If that ish is true, I only have one suggestion with two words: Human composter.
Not far from Fargo so I’m betting a wood chipper is nearby.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2018, 8:21 PM Reply   
Due to a preoccupation of ruining the POTUS and a completely nonexistent democrat platform, I'm guessing we won't see much change.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2018, 9:03 PM Reply   
We’re you completely brain dead for 8 years (no need to answer as it’s obvious) - if you want to learn about ruining the potus and having/doing absolutely nothing, republican congress held a master class on it during the last presidency. It was their stated (and only) goal lol
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-27-2018, 5:12 PM Reply   
It's almost 100% certain that the GOP won't gain any House seats in November.
I would say that it is close to 50/50 if they gain any additional seats in the Senate.

Where is this red wave of which you speak?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-03-2018, 12:38 PM Reply   
Historically the party that has the White House will lose seats in congress. I actually knew people at a previous job that voted specifically like that.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-09-2018, 8:09 AM Reply   
I think this pretty much says it all.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/dave...018-and-beyond
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       10-09-2018, 9:09 AM Reply   
There is nothing ordinary about this election & historical data on who loses & gains seats is meaningless this time around. IMO, it'll be a blue ripple gaining seats in the house but won't take the senate & may even lose some seats there as well.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2018, 12:12 PM Reply   
Agree^^