Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old    jcarr53            01-20-2016, 6:27 PM Reply   
Have been scoping out different ways to capture content of myself other than the standard P.O.V. or drone angle. After some research I stumbled upon SOLOSHOT3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1t_xJZ9xyA

Gave them a ring to see If the unit can mounted on a tower and they said with this new gen. coming out that it can. On the brink of ordering because they are offering a 30% discount on their website https://shop.soloshot.com/ but just seeing if anyone else has had experience with it?

Last edited by jcarr53; 01-20-2016 at 6:28 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-20-2016, 9:01 PM Reply   
Subscribed, been wondering the same for about 6 months
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       03-13-2016, 7:47 AM Reply   
Subscribed. My problem with gopro is mainly battery life. But this system seems waaayyy better. Tracking plus 3+ hours of video... sign me up!
Old     (gkjunk757)      Join Date: Jun 2014       03-13-2016, 8:58 AM Reply   
I had the soloshot 2 but sold it when they announced the 3. The 2 was pretty good but my only complaint was the setup. I used it for surfing and it took me an 10-15 minutes to chain it to a lifeguard tower and do the song and dance calibration. I would somehow screw it up and would have to start over a couple times.

If it works as advertised, the 3's ability to turn it on and go will be great.

I ordered mine back in October. Original ship date was supposed to be late April. We just got an update saying it will be delayed into summer now.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-07-2016, 6:28 AM Reply   
Aren't you getting tired of this new marketing scam/gimmick way of holding on to all proprietary sales and the bull**** production dates, it's actually causing guys to order just for resale on eBay . I love what I read and you sound very similar to those with 2 going to 3, but I feel like I'm getting ripped off. I rather pay retail and get the item or less discount and an actual reliable delivery date, chances are they will delay it again and not make any part of the warm season for the boats