Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-03-2015, 10:40 AM Reply   
Rad video. I wish would have aired on XGames Real Wake, and that he would have got a spot in the XGames Throwdown. Certainly makes a fella want to go out ride.

http://www.alliancewake.com/videos/i...scott-stewart/

Last edited by ironj32; 09-03-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-03-2015, 11:11 AM Reply   
absolutely unreal how big he goes. I REALLY liked that Indy shifty to switch.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-03-2015, 12:57 PM Reply   
Yeah, great video. Definitely got me jazzed to ride and try take things big.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       09-03-2015, 1:06 PM Reply   
Gotta love his riding, but how in the world does he not a have a boat sponsor?!?
Old     (kevSML)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-03-2015, 4:04 PM Reply   
Just going absolutely HUGE every time. Love it. Good style too....saw some solid double grabs in there that didn't look sloppy at all. Good song too
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-03-2015, 7:08 PM Reply   
He is always fun to watch, and like he said, imagine seeing that from the boat! HUGE! Sick edit, really liking that song as well.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-03-2015, 7:31 PM Reply   
If I was a pro Wakeboarder that's how I would want my sections to look.

To me that's what it's all about. Going big with style. A lot more entertaining than watching W2W spin to win.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-03-2015, 7:44 PM Reply   
Indeed love it
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2015, 11:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
If I was a pro Wakeboarder that's how I would want my sections to look.

To me that's what it's all about. Going big with style. A lot more entertaining than watching W2W spin to win.
Couldn't agree more. I used to love going and watching guys like Ricky G, Randall, Murray, Shapiro, Neccrasson and Benny G all ride. Each had their own style and it was really really fun to watch each take simple huge airs and just fthrow things huge. I still love watching all those old vids. While the tricks have gotten way more tech and wakes have gotten ginormous, wake comps are just a blur these days with barely any flare and style. i can barely keep up on counting the rotations anymore with a slap grab.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-04-2015, 10:31 AM Reply   
As Murray says in the video, it doesn't do it justice watching it on your computer. It's so much more impressive in person. There isn't a day that I watch him ride that I don't say Holy $#!? at least once! Definitely refreshing compared to most of the wake to wake stuff we are seeing now. Not to say there's not a place for that, but it's good to have a balance of both.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-04-2015, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving View Post
As Murray says in the video, it doesn't do it justice watching it on your computer. It's so much more impressive in person. There isn't a day that I watch him ride that I don't say Holy $#!? at least once! Definitely refreshing compared to most of the wake to wake stuff we are seeing now. Not to say there's not a place for that, but it's good to have a balance of both.
100% agree that videos do not do Scott justice. Watching him live, especially from the boat is crazy. Every set gets a couple of hoots and hollers, followed by a "WTF, how does he go so big and how does he make it look that easy!?!?!".

Definitely has an inspiring style. I can't wait to see the footage from earlier in August - he was killing it, as usual.