Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2013, 12:18 PM Reply   
I hate to admit it but Wakeworld has slowed down. And it's not just the normal winter time slowness it over all seems to have fallen off? Not sure if it's other social media outlets but I wanted to run by some Things I was thinking to see if they might result in some positive changes.

One of the major things I like to see is Boat Projects, some of the biggest contributors to this subject are Audio Install's. And the people doing the most audio installs are Shops. Shops posting here have all but become extinct on wakeworld. It has to be a win win situation. Example. Wakeworld needs active members new and old and new Ideas. People come here for Content and discussion. You take away the content and the membership and ideas start to fall off.

Example a shop post pictures of a Install or some work they are doing and it's "Advertising" and the post is Deleted!

Why would a shop take the time to contribute if they can't benifit from its efforts. Example some shops have turned to twitter & facebook. They can post pics and content with out censorship, this content (photos) and discussion ect may or may not result in a sale. I see it as YES they are promoting them selfs but they are in return posting new content that can benifit us.

Example: a shop posts some cool pics of projects it gives others Ideas and creates topics and exchange of Ideas.

Now I know it can't be a free for all or this place would turn into spam city with people promoting what ever! But what Ideas can we come up with to help draw in new content and users with out "disrupting the force"