Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-03-2014, 2:51 PM Reply   
Anyone have first-hand experience of the differences between the Exile 9” surf speakers and the 9” HLCD. I’m looking for the best sound to suit my needs. Our typical day starts off boarding on the am butter, surfing in the afternoon, and rafting and hanging out drinking beer in the late afternoon after the water turns to crap from all the tubers and Sea Doosches. I want good sound quality and some good mid-bass out of the towers over just pure volume. I have plenty of power to run either set up and like it loud but don’t want to blow the wife and kids out of the boat when we’re not riding. A ZLD is planned but i'm waiting for the next gen to arrive. Not dissing Wet Sounds at all but I’M GOING WITH EXILE!! No need to twist the thread into Exile vs WS or how the 9’s are really just over 8” please. Also props to Brian and the rest of the Exile team. Customer service has been exemplary. I'm just looking for some real world feedback.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-03-2014, 3:19 PM Reply   
Those are two different speakers totally, If you want a "warmer" sound, go with the surf speakers. If you want pure volume and blast everyone HLCD. that said, I just ordered a full Exile system. Brian is Awsome
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-03-2014, 3:54 PM Reply   
You sound like you are looking for the Exile Surf Speaker. Personally I would not do them both...either or!

Now they wont be super loud like an HLCD when boarding but who really wants to blow there ear drums off in the early AM butter when you are sotally tober...
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-03-2014, 3:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave, full Exile for me too. Ordering the in boats in the next couple weeks to complete the package. I tried the stock Kickers my V226 came with first but they are just not upto it. I've had many good Kicker products in my vehicles in the past but these must be price point mass produced for factory OEM or something. I have 4 XM9's on the tower now and I don't want to sound like a puss but after coming from my old boat with non-HCLD towers they are insanely loud when turned up for anyone behind the driver. I want to rock the boat but not kill everyone in it either and am wondering if maybe the surf is better suited to my needs. With the quick release I wish I could just demo 4 of the surf and then decide.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-03-2014, 3:56 PM Reply   
Ooops, HLCD
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-03-2014, 4:13 PM Reply   
I live all my EXILE components. I think the surf speakers are what your looking for by the statement above. Not sure you can go wrong since you should be able to sell the XM9's fairly easy.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388794385.079227.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  77.1 KB
Old     (Alleykat)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-03-2014, 4:39 PM Reply   
6 SXT9Q on my 247. Couldn't be happier. I have had all sorts of setups and this by far is the most in boat crowd friendly I have ever owned. I am over trying to be loudest on the lake and went all SQ this time around. Just depends on what your priorities are.

You can always go with a Hybrid setup also if you have room. 1 set XM9 and 2 sets SxT9q's. You will need to run at least two amps with this setup though.
Old     (Alleykat)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-03-2014, 11:47 PM Reply