Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-02-2017, 3:11 PM Reply   
My buddies boat is having an electrical issue. Belly and Port ballast filled but don't empty. Starbird ballast would not fill. Navigation lights aren't working. Fuses all seem ok. Any thoughts? Also is there a way to drain the belly and port tanks manually?

Thanks!
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-04-2017, 3:43 PM Reply   
Do you have the key pad in the boat?

Also check your relays, it should have 2 per ballast pump if i remember correctly. The relays will be located inside the fuse box located in the stern locker where the perko switch is located. you will have to pop the cover off to locate them. I did a lot of research and if i remember correctly they are relays for like a older chevy camaro horn.....maybe like i roc z era camaro. If your still having issues PM me and ill give you my number.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-10-2017, 4:45 PM Reply   
The pumps and electricals should be inside the portside storage area against the inside of the hull. They should have resettable circuit breakers, I believe there should be 6 breakers. 2006 should have been the first of the impeller pumps. The impeller blades could also be gone causing them to fail to drain but the scoops will allow them to fill. I suppose it is also possible the 2006 could have been an early boat with the aerator pumps like my boat, If it has knobs at the helm for valves it's the old system, no knobs near the driver's right knee then it's impeller pumps.

Nick is correct there should be a 2 bosch cube relays for each pump, 1 for fill, 1 for drain. They should have individual circuit breakers for each relay. A bad relay or a bad/tripped circuit breaker can cause what you describe. I am not a fan of this ballast system as it is prone to lots of failures if you don't watch is very closely when draining.