Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nohlan_4)      Join Date: Feb 2016       02-12-2016, 7:35 AM Reply   
So with the new boat purchase I am wanting to get back into wakeboarding. The last board I bought new was an obrian swindle in 2003 so that gives you an idea of how little I know about the gear nowadays. I have always been into snowbaoarding quite heavly so I was looking at the new Ronix Camber boards as they are supoose to ride very neautral almost snowboard like form what I have read. Also have been lookin at the Slingshot Response board as a possible option, looks to be a nice board for a continous rocker. As for bindings I like close toes and was looking at the hyperlite system bindings but they look like they are not very forgiving when falling. Any opinions on a intemediate level setup that would give me room to progress in? Alittle more info 5'11" 170lbs riding behind a G23, would consider myself an interermediate rider, FS/BS 180's, w2w grabs both ways, flat water stuff, no inverts as of yet though.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-12-2016, 2:47 PM Reply   
Welcome back to it! There are some really good threads on here about the Ronix camber boards, but most all of them say the same thing....most folks either really love it or hate it. I myself ride the Ronix Parks air core (2014) with Ronix One (2015) bindings and I think it is an amazing boot/board combination. I have been on many different boards and will say that my riding has progressed MUCH more on that board than any I rode before. I love the more neutral stance it puts you in, to me it felt like I had more more 'feel' of the water on the board and therefore more control, and for me (being an 'old' guy) I find the landings to be really, really, really forgiving. hahaha

On the down side many say it is a much slower board than most and that the compromise for the way the water reacts to the camber is that it feels like a bit of drag. All that said I've never felt it hold me back and I have tried other boards since and keep coming back to it. I've never been on a snowboard, but some of my friends who are in to it and have ridden my board loved it and/or went right out and bought one of their own.

Oh, and I would say I'm almost identical in riding to what you describe with the addition of the occasional 3 and invert. Also recently got the dream boat G23 and loving it!
Old     (nohlan_4)      Join Date: Feb 2016       02-15-2016, 9:32 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I have been looking real hard at the slingshot response, they look like super nice boards.