Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (abailey228)      Join Date: Jul 2017       07-24-2017, 12:42 PM Reply   
Hey guys im about to pick up a new boat this week. I've found a killer deal on a 2014 23 LSV that has the 409 motor and 173 hours on it. Needs cleaned up as there is some mildew in it. Dealer is selling for 68k. I went and checked it out and I think a good detailing will have it looking good as new. It is a used boat though so I wont be the same as buying new.

Pros about this option:

- It's a malibu so it will hold its value well and will be easy to resell
-selling for under 70k which seems to be a very fair price
-has same surf and wake technology as a brand new 23 lsv (power wedge and surf gate)
-has touch screen controls

Cons:
-Was left without rainfly up for several months, cover is stretched and it got a lot of rain water inside. Seats have mold spots and will need detailed. This is why they are selling at a reduced rate
-used boat which means little or no warranty
-Next year it will be 4 years old

https://www.malibuboatsofcharlotte.c...-malibu-23lsv/

The other option is a 2016 Supreme S238 that was leftover from last year. It is brand new. I do not like the 2017 supreme because of they ditched the wrap around windshield.

Im considering this boat because
-Its brand new
-cost 70k and will brand new with warranty
-great looking boat and trailer

Cons:
-Could be hard to resell
-not sure about what the wake is like
-possibly underpowered
-less features than the malibu
-4 hours away.

https://www.centerhillsportsmarine.net/supreme

Can you guys please give me some feedback to help me decide what is the best route to go? I basically want the best bang for my buck and dont want to lose my shirt when I go to sell after a few seasons. I don't know much about either boat which is why I am posting here.

Thanks!