Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-04-2014, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
The real question is why would you tow with them on? You have to remove and put them on somewhere.........why not at the lake?
Why not tow with them at reasonable speeds and short distances? Why not put them on at the garage?

My boards go straight from the wall storage racks in my garage to the wakeboard racks on my tower, and then back onto the wall storage racks in the garage when I'm done. I thought the purpose of wakeboard racks was to...well...hold wakeboards. Why would I put 4 boards on the floor or seats to bounce around when I have racks that hold them securely? Why would I shove them in locker storage that I use for other things when I have racks that hold them securely? Maybe that is why after 3 seasons my interior and vinyl still look like brand new with no dings, scratches, or tears anywhere that boards often cause.

If you are that worried about the boards falling out of the racks on the road at the same speeds you hit on the water maybe you should just get some better racks. So you didn't answer the question I posed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
Can somebody tell me, if the boards are adequately secured in the racks while going 40mph on the water, how exactly is 40 mph on the road going to make them suddenly not secure enough?