Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-29-2014, 12:11 PM Reply   
I have a SAN 210 and when cruzing at higher speeds the nose of the boat starts to bob up and down and quickly gets worste. To the point the bow starts slamming like Iam going over some big waves/wakes.The wake plate is up. I remember in my friends old Malibu that we would run into the same problem but only when the wedge was down.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-29-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
You describe porpoising...probably need to move some weight to the front.
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-29-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
Yup, too much weight in back and/or not enough in front.

If we forget to shut the valves for the back ballast in our SAN 210, they will quickly fill when under way and the boat will start to porpoise out of control.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-29-2014, 12:33 PM Reply   
Thanks. To much weight at the back makes sense!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-29-2014, 2:18 PM Reply   
Hydrogate lever should be pushed all the way forward towards the dash.
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       07-29-2014, 7:32 PM Reply   
Is it the zero off perfect pass? If so I have been told the old " hockey puck" style garmin needs to be updated with the square one. About $500. We added weight to the front of our 08 210, helped the problem, but did not correct it. We will eventually break down and buy the new antenna
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-30-2014, 12:10 AM Reply   
Added front weight, less back weight will help.
You also mentioned you had the wake plate up. Putting the wake plate down will help with the porpoising and help reduce that problem. It's not like the Malibu wedge that would actually make it worse, it's the complete opposite.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-30-2014, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
Added front weight, less back weight will help.
You also mentioned you had the wake plate up. Putting the wake plate down will help with the porpoising and help reduce that problem. It's not like the Malibu wedge that would actually make it worse, it's the complete opposite.
Yes, this needs clarification. You said the "wake plate is up" but did you mean that the wake plate hydro gate lever is "up", as in all the way forward? If it is forward, wake plate down, then that should help you not porpoise at all or as bad, if the wake plate is in fact up (hydrogate lever to the rear) then you will porpoise easier.

My old tige had the TAPS plate (it was rad because i didn't need ballast to get a pro sized wake :bang head: ) and if the wake plate was all the way up, when I would run fast with no ballast across the lake I would porpoise too… I fixed it by bringing the plate down just a little until the bouncing stopped. I don't have a SAN but I think their are 3 settings on the gate? yes? try running plate down all the way, if the porpoising stops, then try it again halfway.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-31-2014, 6:25 AM Reply   
A 400-800 pound sac should solve this issue
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-04-2014, 6:02 PM Reply   
In my 236 I experience this as well with the hydro grate lever pulled back. I slowly slide it forward until the porpoiseing stops problem solved