Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-15-2015, 8:36 AM Reply   
So I am looking at buying an inexpensive tower. Nothing special but I do want it to look descent on the boat. The boat is a 2000 Crownline 202BR. I realize its not a wake boat. The wakeboarding is strictly beginner level behind the boat. I am hoping to be able to still use the stock bimini top. Cost is an important area. I am looking under $1k. I cant imagine spending more than that on a boat that cost less than 10k. I have found a few that look good but I have no knowledge of for quality. I spoke with DIY wake and was considering their entry level tower but the guy recommended the towers with double cross bars because the single crossbars will flex and move a lot. So I found a company called reborn towers that DIY wake now sells that look nice and in the price range. I have never heard of them, any good or bad feedback? the link to the tower I am considering is:

http://www.reborntowers.com/Catapult...-rbb-2.25p.htm

For reference I have included a picture of the boat with the bimini top up

Old     (jws2)      Join Date: Apr 2015       05-15-2015, 9:38 AM Reply   
Try diywake.com. They have a good rep. and they are very close to you in Orangevale
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       05-15-2015, 9:40 AM Reply   
I put a Big Air H20 tower on my previous Tahoe and it looked great and was built well and was priced decent.

http://bigairwaketowers.com/towers/h2o/
http://bigairwaketowers.com/combos/

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-15-2015, 10:20 AM Reply   
As long as the mounting points for the tower are out side of your windshield most towers should work with your bimini.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       05-15-2015, 9:01 PM Reply   
I also did a Big Air H2O tower on my old Bayliner with the exact same requirements as you. I wanted to be able to mount speakers under the tower and still use the bimini. I ended up catching them on sale and got the tower, a pair of kicker speakers, speaker cans, a wakeboard rack, a combo rack, and mirror kit for about $1300 shipped to my door, and had it in under 24 hours. I think the tower was only like $700 of that cost, so if you hold off on the racks you should be under budget pretty easy. I also installed it by myself in about 4 or 5 hours pretty easily, but if I'd of had an extra person I probably could've shaved at least an hour off that time. Only complaint I had was that my stock boat cover didn't work with the tower legs. Otherwise, I was pretty happy with it.

Last edited by FastR3DN3K; 05-15-2015 at 9:04 PM.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-15-2015, 9:26 PM Reply   
Indy towers are rated very strong and one of the best aftermarket towers for under $800

http://www.indywakeboardtowers.com/w...keboard-tower/
Old     (gekkorider08)      Join Date: May 2015       05-16-2015, 6:39 AM Reply   
I have the same tower on a 2005 gekko GTS-20 never had a problem with it, has held up to everything ive put it through. ive even drilled about 8 holes in it for running speaker wire and it hasn't effected the integrity of the tower. great product!
Old     (gekkorider08)      Join Date: May 2015       05-16-2015, 6:41 AM Reply   
just always be mindful of the cotter pins, mine likes to wiggle out if the body of water your on has a lot of chop
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-16-2015, 11:18 AM Reply   
That is why the Indy tower is so strong. It does not use Cotter pins..

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-16-2015, 5:40 PM Reply   
That Indy tower looks nice and that picture you posted is on a crownline similar to mine. I was looking on their website at the you tube videos and it appears the Indy tower doesn't fold below the windshield which would be a deal breaker for me because I put my boat in the garage and it barely clears, literally I have about an inch to spare.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-17-2015, 5:53 AM Reply   
Well it still might work for your boat. Call Indy and ask. I had the same tower but mounted it on top of the gunnels instead of the side and I almost clear the sides of the windshield when folding. In your case you could mount the tower on the sides as pictured above and possibly clear the windshield to where the tower is lower than the glass because the side front legs are adjustable where you can roll them out word before you permanently tighten them. If you notice in the video the legs are mounted on the top of the gunnels on a Moomba. Check and verify with Indy.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-17-2015, 5:38 PM Reply   
Thanks, I will call Indy tomorrow and ask them. While it's not the coolest looking tower, it seems like it's quality made and that's important to me. Does anyone know about the reborn towers? I am really considering the reborn catapult but uncertain of it's quality since I've never seen anyone using them
Old     (ltwake)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2015, 10:31 PM Reply   
reborn towers is just a cheap chinese copy of Aerial.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-18-2015, 4:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
reborn towers is just a cheap chinese copy of Aerial.
You can make a cheap chinese copy of a cheap chinese tower?
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-18-2015, 8:59 AM Reply   
Yeah, I noticed the reborn tower looked like an exact copy of the ariel. I cane across a website that rated wakeboard towers and the ariel didn't do so good but the Indy towers seemed to do great. It pointed out that the Indy tower is anodized vs polished as well. Unfortunately, Indy does not list their phone number. I've never been fond of companies that will not show their phone number. I submitted an email inquiry.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-19-2015, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, I noticed the reborn tower looked like an exact copy of the ariel. I cane across a website that rated wakeboard towers and the ariel didn't do so good but the Indy towers seemed to do great. It pointed out that the Indy tower is anodized vs polished as well. Unfortunately, Indy does not list their phone number. I've never been fond of companies that will not show their phone number. I submitted an email inquiry.
I would personally stay away from Aerial. I had a assault tower on my last boat. I can't speak to their other towers but the assault was a POS and the customer service at aerial makes me want to puke. Not sure I ever completed an order for tower parts with them that ever came in correct. Shipping was slow as dirt and would always end up having to ship it back. Overall prob one of the worst towers I've ever seen. The speaker cans etc were "ok" but the finishes are crap too.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-19-2015, 7:19 AM Reply   
Go Monster and dont look back
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-19-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
So, are Indy towers still in business? I submitted the inquiry on their website with my phone number and email address but still no contact from them. They also don't have a phone number on their website.