Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hornrapids1)      Join Date: Sep 2015       05-02-2016, 1:42 AM Reply   
I recently bought a 2005 supra launch. It is in amazing shape. I almost feel like it is off the show room floor. I had it out for the first time last week and noticed that my front ballast fills up even though the toggle switch is in the non-fill position. I thought this may be a problem so I took it in to get fixed. I was told that this is a problem that this boat has and other manufactures have had similar problems and there was no fix other that to turn off the valve to the ballast. Is this true? Has anyone else had this problem? I do not have much faith in this repair shop but this is my first boat so I am not very knowledgeable. What is the fix if any? Thanks
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       05-02-2016, 6:05 AM Reply   
Passive filling! Yes it happens! I shut off all my valves when we launch for purpose of skating and waterskiing with 0 water in the boat, keeps the slalom wake quite nice on my axis. Usually only happens to my front sac, not sure if it goes in my tanks
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       05-02-2016, 6:09 AM Reply   
You also can get passive emptying thru the vent on front bag, supposedly that can be fixed by lengthening the vent hose before the p trap, to provide more back pressure to o the bag to stop this, this is actually the bigger problem because closing a valve for passing filling is easy, and emptying requires a fix or keep topping it off regularly
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-02-2016, 7:09 AM Reply   
This should be an easy one. Lift the middle Vdrive seat. You will find three gray manifolds for the ballast there. They will have a little black switch on them. If one of those switches got flipped it will fill automatically when the boat is underway without the ballast toggle on. Check that before you do anything.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-02-2016, 7:10 AM Reply   
Also if you move this thread to boats and accessories you get much more response.
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       05-02-2016, 7:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
This should be an easy one. Lift the middle Vdrive seat. You will find three gray manifolds for the ballast there. They will have a little black switch on them. If one of those switches got flipped it will fill automatically when the boat is underway without the ballast toggle on. Check that before you do anything.
This and maybe take those valves apart and check if there is debris holding the valve open. It's possible those valves are worn out causing the pressure on the inlet (from water being forced in while running) to push past the seal. Could be wrong but if you're front bag is passively filling and the rears are not then I would think it was a valve issue.

I had passive fill issues (front and rear) with my old 2002 Supra Launch SSV. Bought some new valves from Lowes and the problem was much less severe.
Old     (RiverRyder38)      Join Date: Feb 2016       05-03-2016, 8:16 AM Reply   
had the same problem this was my fix
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-03-2016, 8:35 AM Reply   
Had the same problem in my 06 24V. The boat has a scoop on the bottom to help prime the system. (if your bags never start filling just drive forward slowly to help prim the pumps).

I bought the valves from lowes also, the are cheap and in the outdoor sprinkler section. Just cut wires and crimp the new ones in place.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_50161-74985-...alve+manifolds
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-03-2016, 9:25 AM Reply   
sounds like a valve issue. if the soleniod operated ones aren't working, you can add a cheap ball valve to the fill side manifold be SURE you're passive filling anything
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-04-2016, 5:25 AM Reply   
Yup...the reeds in the valves that Supra and Moomba used in these model year boats were notorious for going bad and letting water in. I had the same problem on my '07 Moomba LSV. I actually fixed the problem by taking out the entire system and replacing it with 3 ballast puppy pumps, one designated for each bag. Not only did it fix the problem, but it also cut the fill times tremendously!