Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (mint)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-30-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
Anybody ridden LF S4. Thinking about buying one.
Cheers
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       04-30-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
I really like it man, I came from an ps3, and it had just the right amount of changes. Faster, more pop, little more tacky.. Definitely worth a test drive
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-30-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
I have really been wanting to ride this board, all of my friends ride it. I am just never with them. They like it really well.
Old     (ntkamper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-30-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
Im riding the S4 grind right now...I love it on the rails and on the boat...Great shape super fast and tons of pop
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-30-2009, 9:01 PM Reply   
The Audi S4 is pretty freakin sweat.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-30-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
I ride it, and love it. Search the forum, there are some more topics about it.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-01-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
I haven't read one bad thing about the S4 yet. I haven't ridden one but from what all the people on the forum have said its the perfect blend of speed, pop and forgiveness. I don't think you can go wrong with it.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-01-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
ntkamper, S4 Grind?! Didn't know that board existed, it's not listed on LF's website either. Any other differences than the base of the board? Weight?

Edit: you probably are riding the Ltd, right? Too bad that's one available as 138.

(Message edited by tripsw on May 01, 2009)
Old     (ntkamper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-01-2009, 2:50 PM Reply   
yeah its the LTD s4. all the liquid force Ltd boards have the grind base. and yes only 138
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-01-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
If you have a good foundation I say rock the S4 if not rock the ps3 for a year or two. The S4 is a rocket with great pop and soft landings but these gains are made by taking out the some of the forgivingness the ps3 has but my ridding over the past two years has allowed me to make these sacrifices on the switch without hindering my progression.

Don't want to scare anyone from this board, just don't want anyone to get a board thats too advanced for them as this board is not in the same league as the ps3 where you can throw anyone on that board without stunting their progression.
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-03-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
The S4 is a great board on the cable to,very very fast board,meaning less work to go big & holds a crazy hard edge when u want it to.
I find it is very similar to a witness but its not as slippery when playing around with little butter slides n stuff on flat water it tends to want to bite in more where the witness is very forgiving,but sometimes i find this good but other times i want to be able to slide around with less effort which the witness allows.
Im still undecided on which board i like more but will ride the S4 for my next board as i find i can go bigger on my toe side.
If you want a fast board thats easy to go big on then this is your board!!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-03-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
What is it with the S4 that helps the toeside so much? I feel the same and have read anothe 5 or so comments who feel the same.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
Sander, I dont know if its necessarily better than alot of boards, but I do that it is much better than the ps3. It seems to be little more "sticky" therefore helping you hold an edge alot better. Which is honestly what alot of folks have trouble with on there toeside edge.