Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-26-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
It seems like most wakeboarding tournaments are without a good storyline - drama. It just takes too long to get scrores. Think of dowhill skiing, snowboarding, etc. The scores are announced just after the ride. You know what the next rider has to do to beat it. I think having the scores announced before the next rider would make the tournaments more interesting to a lager group of people.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-26-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
The Masters comes close to this, most of the time scores are posted before the next rider is off the dock, somtimes there is a slight delay. I'm not sure it helps people understand because there are not clear guidelines for trick points and style.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-26-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
The PWT does a good job of double checking the scores before they post them, it takes a little longer but it avoids a lot of problems if there is a mistake or math issue. The waiting does ware on the nerves of the parents though
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       05-26-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
i think it is a negative to not know anyones score until the end. As a spectator, it would be nice to know.
Old     (skink)      Join Date: May 2008       05-26-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
this is funny, i didn't know it was scored like this and JUST the other day i was thinking it would be cool at fmx comps if they didn't show the scores till the very end and then just posted everyones scores at once. then every guy would have to ride his hardest. and i figured it would build tension.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-26-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
Think of a basketball game. What would you gain without the score until the end?
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-26-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
scotty has a point.

and with the basketball game it wouldnt matter if one team is getting annilated but if it is close then both teams have to keep on trying to make baskets. instead of trying to run the clock down. i hate that
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-26-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
It would require totally revamping the scoring system. Go back to trick skiing. Rider gives a run list. Each trick has a known point value and there are no style points. Wakeboarders rebelled from that years ago.

INT League is closest to that system today, yet they don't post scores immediately.