Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (eagar)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-12-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
Anyone have it? Anyone ever installed it themselves? How much? I can't get a response from any email to their website.

05 Mastercraft X2 MCX TBW
Old     (jdizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-12-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   
i have it in my boat and it is the best thing i have ever used you should really look into it
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-12-2008, 10:34 PM Reply   
from what i have read on this site. Both Zero Off
and Perfect Pass Star Gazer can only be used with
newer boats with throttle by wire. So i doubt your boat with perfect pass cruise would be able to make the upgrade. Personally I think the gps thing is overated, unless they have found a way to compensate for water current so you travel at a speed relative to the surface of the water.

(Message edited by ldr on April 12, 2008)
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-13-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
Eagar,

You should be able to put it on actually. MC went to throttle by wire in 05'. If you are pretty handy, it shouldn't be that big a deal. The great thing is there is no setup. You just turn it on, and it works...perfectly. It's an amazing concept.

And, they do have a function to accommodate for rivers now. To be honest the Zero Off is the way to go. It is truly amazing, no matter how much weight you have in the boat. It is the first cruise that I would put my stamp of approval on.
Old     (kyboatworks)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-13-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
Travis,
Have you used Stargazer yet? Just wondering if it is just as good as Zero Off.
Old    sandvign            04-13-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
Pretty curious on the performance of the Stargazer as well. It seems like the same concept of Zero Off, which I have yet to hear a complaint on, but I haven't heard from anyone who has used the Stargazer. I like the option of simply upgrading the current PP to the new GPS one. Curious...

- Sandvig
Old     (eagar)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-13-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
Matt,
First off my boat has Mastercraft Cruise and not Perfect Pass as stated in the Title and I guess I went to far in assuming that you would understand my boat description as "05 Mastercraft X2 MCX TBW" TBW abbreviated for throttle by wire

Travis,
Thanks for the reply. I had read your previous posts about the time you got Zero-off and installed it in your boat. I just haven't heard any talk about it since. I'll get some more info on it and hopefully be using it soon. This week has been one year since I sat in your X-Star and listened to your's and Shaun's alligator speech. Thanks for the pulls.

(Message edited by eagar on April 13, 2008)
Old     (shawnk)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-13-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Travis or anyone else, do you know if it is a lot of work to install it on the '08 MCs with the vdig? I would be interested in putting it on my '08 X-Star.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
Please enlighten me on the aligator speech. I need it around here in SC as well.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-13-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Eagar, no reason to get upset.
When i saw "Cruise" I immediately thought of "PP cruise" Which is used with a servo motor meaning that if your boat had this, it wouldn't work with Zero off. Sorry i didn't catch that yours was an 05 TBW.

But i still don't get the apeal of GPS especially since your boat already has a paddlewheel installed. Do you weight your boat heavily and it's not keeping up? I just think most prolems people have with PP or MC Cruise could be fixed by making a few adjustments to the system. I have never had a problem with either one.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-13-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
The PP Stargazer is no different for wakeboarding. It is only GPS for slalom. Jump, trick, and wakeboard mode are the same as before. To be honest I have the new PP on my boat as well, but have never turned it on.

Shawn, it doesn't interfere with the vdig. I replaced the normal tach with the Zero Off. You can change out either the speedo or tach and put the Zero Off in that pod. I like having an analog speedo since I hand drive a lot, and you can still have the tach on the vdig.

As far as the alligator speech goes. It is just something we do to mess with people on Monday mornings.

And if you ever drove a boat with the GPS, you would know the appeal. Another year or two and all boats will have it on there. It is infinitely better.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2008, 3:05 AM Reply   
Travis, how did they make the function with the river speeds? I would really like to have a Zero-Off, but we runs in rivers so it would be irritating to change the speed every turn/minut.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-14-2008, 4:12 AM Reply   
I have it on mine, but haven't really used it since we are on a lake. I can't remember if it calculates it somehow, or you kinda guestimate it, but whatever the current is comes up, and you can just press an arrow as to which way you are going on the river and it accommodates for it. He showed it to me on the lake and it did what it was supposed to do. We just had a number in there, and it would adjust to that every time we turned around.

I'm sure you could email them directly and get a better answer. Like I said, I just really haven't used it.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-14-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Little off topic and i don't mean to hijack here, but i could use some help. I'm going to be getting a new boat soon, but this question is for a 03 Malibu response lx that I'm giving to my dad in a month or two. He mostly trick skis but until its his, i use it to wakeboard. I weight it down more than i should i'm sure, but i'm careful and never had any problems in that department. I run a skylon fat boy (580 lbs) on each side of the engine, a fat boy in the bow, and either another fatboy in the back if its just two or three of us, or a smaller one if its more people. But i've had the worst time figuring out the right settings for this dam^ perfect pass! I'm 25, but I grew up in direct drives (used to have a few 2001's) and my pops was amazing at footing, slalom, and trick. so when i learned how to drive with him when i was little, there was no perfect pass. I find myself driving more by hand then with the pp because it surges like a champ. when a rider cuts out, speed drops then speeds up past set speed, then drops when rider is in the air or lands then back again. I've tried all kinds of settings when it comes to kdw and nn. i can't seem to get it dialed in right, its either too "nervous" or to slow to react. Any suggestions would be great!

Also, RPM mode doesn't even work on it, but i think its got something to do with my RPM gauge itself not working. Need to fix that too. My next boat will definitely have zero off in it!
Old    sandvign            04-14-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^ We had the same problem in a 1999 X-30 as we run 4000+ pounds in it. We have now switched to running in RPM mode. This holds true so much better than the in MPH mode. I also have a little play with the throttle now to power through doubles, as with the new version of PP it really hates when the throttle is touched. Make a run driving by hand and look at your tach to see roughly where you are running for RPMs to get an idea of where to set the PP. Good luck with it...
- Sandvig
Old    sandvign            04-14-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
Oops I guess I should read all the way through your post before I respond. Didn't notice the busted RPM situation. Sorry.

- Sandvig
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-14-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
RidinNSippi, May or may not help you but I had a similar problem with mine and the fix I used was add a heavier return spring to my throttle body.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-14-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
sweet thanks guys. ill be fixin the rpm gauge tonightor tomorrow so ill try the rpm mode if it works. ill also try swapping the return spring this weekend. couldn't hurt either way I guess. anybody have any recommendations for kdw and nn in the mean time? its the older version (6.5) if that helps any...