Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (indykc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-12-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
We are here in wisconsin and I here we have a good wake camp in the area[Gordy Bubholz] My son will be 10 yrs. old this summer and wants to go to camp!! He is pretty good on board,snow and skate too,can do wake to wake 360 and really wants to learn more.Unfortunitly no one else we know really gets into boarding so he pretty much taught himself.Anyone ever been to Gordy,s camp?? Suggestions?? Thanks
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
When I went to camp there were kids as young as 7 or so if that helps.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-13-2008, 5:20 AM Reply   
Send him! Another option is to go to camp with him. I know I would have fun going to camp with my son.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
I've been and he is a good coach, very mellow guy and easy to take tips from.

redline watersports had a half hour/hourly/day camp last year they might be doing again.... with that you can do for however long he would like... you don't have to make a whole "day" or "week" out of it... kids attentions don't always last so long

worth checking out
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-13-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
My son was 8 when he went to the "The Boarding School". I went with him as a spectator in the boat and it was the best time he ever had. And especially getting coached by his idol Shaun Murray. Your son would benefit and have a blast whatever camp you send him.
Old     (nevada_champ)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-13-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
I was 11 when I went. If you think he's ready for it then et him go. I payed to go to wakeboard with the money I got for grades. If he has the respansibility then yeah. It doesn't really matter.
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       04-14-2008, 4:58 AM Reply   
ya dude. send him. I believe I was 10 when I did my first clinic with Ryan Wolfe.
Old     (indykc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-14-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for all your feedback Looks like its time to go to camp and learn some new tricks!!