Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (gervy)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-05-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
I am trying to figure out how nice the wake on this thing is. Does is it have nice pop compared to a lund fishing boat. Please just tell me what you think about this jet ski in a sense of wakeboarding not wakeskating.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-05-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
its going to be a hole lot better than a lund fishing boat. how much is the seadoo sport wake going for. you could probably get a 20 foot v drive for the same money. or a couple year old nice boat. i have a friend that was at shasta testing all the seadoo products for them and he said it was an ok wake. he said the wake felt and looked like if you sacked it out it would put up a pretty decent wake. i would still go with another v drive over the jet style.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-05-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
Are you talking about a jet ski/waverunner?
or the seadoo boat?
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-05-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
what kind of 20 ft vdrive are you thinking of?
Old     (gervy)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-05-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
right now its running for around 11 or 12. i am talking about the jet ski.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-05-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
Keep the lund.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-05-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
they have that ballast thing on them this year but i just dont see that helping that much. It shows a guy doing a tantrum in promo vid so it must be alright. I would say the fishing boat has the same level of wake or better and you have more room.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-05-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
I would by a used inboard IMO
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-05-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
Nate, for what they cost, get a used inboard. I bought a SeaDoo GTi Se new 2 years ago.. started wakeboarding, but within 2 months had the bug to get a boat.. and did.. took a bath on the seadoo.
For $11-12K for a seadoo wake, you can find a good condition 90s Nautique or MC... and it will hold its value better than sea doo..

It was great to learn on, but there is not much progression... I don't think the 200lbs ballast is gonna make a huge diff in wake on the seadoo.. there is not much water displaced..
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-05-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
ooooooo i thought you were talking about their new wake boat that they came out with. hahaha. well a jet ski would be ok for wakeskating or hitting slidders on a wakeboard but not wake to wake tricks.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-06-2008, 4:02 AM Reply   
Get a boat. Even a jet boat or an i/o would be better than a jet ski if your main use is going to be boarding. I just went thru this myself but at least I got my money out of my ski that I put into it.
Old     (gervy)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-12-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
alright thanks for all of your help..i dont think i am going to get the sea doo after. i will be looking for a used inboard tho. thanks!