Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-14-2016, 2:40 PM Reply   
Looking for an aggressive 3stage rocker board with a lot of pop. I have a Ronix mana right now, I like it but it is sort of slow if you know what I mean.

Just thought I would get some suggestions. Brand doesn't matter or yr. Can be old or new
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-15-2016, 6:56 AM Reply   
Yo Micah! I typically like continuous rockers but if i were to go 3 stage I'd give the Slingshot Blue Pill a try.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-15-2016, 7:49 AM Reply   
Hyperlite Murray or the Relapse... Rode the murray last year and tbh had the most pop of any 3 stage i've ridden, and it was surprisingly fast and predictable for a 3 stage, super user friendly board.

I'm changing to the relapse this year, heard lots of great things, haven't ridden for myself so i can't give an endorsement, but as i said, heard lots of good things.
Old     (mikeab8)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-15-2016, 8:15 AM Reply   
I just went from a 2013 ronix one to a 2015 ronix one (new shape) and I love it. Its a lot faster, a lot less drag, its lighter and I noticed it popped way harder than my old one.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-15-2016, 8:37 AM Reply   
There are two kinds of pop in this world. Loaded Pop and raw pop.

Loaded Pop and slow kinda go hand-in-hand. This is created by adding more rocker out to the tip and tail. It increases drag, but it also allows you to load the line tighter and build a bigger wedge of water between you and the boat. The wedge converges with with wake and boom! Loaded Pop.

Raw Pop has the most to do with surface area. A bigger/wider board resists the wake more no matter how you edge it. The wider board hits the wake and boom! Raw pop.

IMO it is all a balancing act. Too much loaded pop and you are dragging an anchor around. Too much raw pop and the handling of the board kinda goes to crap.

As wakes have gotten bigger and I have gotten older, I have been riding faster and faster boards. I currently ride the Bill/William shape. It is a lightening bolt. I've alway thought the Mana was a bit of a turd. If you come off edge it stops. If you want to speed up a bit, but really like the loaded buck of the Mana I'd go Ronix One. If you want a board with the most raw pop go space blanket.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2016, 8:38 AM Reply   
I second what Mike says, the new Ronix One shape is awesome for the boat and has a ton of pop. Best board I've ridden.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-15-2016, 11:21 AM Reply   
Give the OBrien Contra or Rome a try, huge pop! You won't be disappointed!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-16-2016, 9:28 AM Reply   
I am riding 1 up this year which I am quite enjoying, very different than any other boards I have ridden lately.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2016, 8:07 AM Reply   
Everyone I have recommended the CWB Reverb to has loved it. Out of the 6-7 regulars that I ride with, I think 1 person is not riding the Reverb / Wildchild (girls version).

It's just all around perfect. Fast and smooth. It snaps off the wake even when timing isn't perfect, and has a great edge.

Also, you can get one super cheap. Since it's technically not a pro model, they are super affordable.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-17-2016, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
I am riding 1 up this year which I am quite enjoying, very different than any other boards I have ridden lately.
1up is a great 3-stage with an explosive, late pop

Chris O'Shea is a great continuous rocker with explosive pop

I prefer the Chris O, just because it's a bit "easier"
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-17-2016, 8:45 AM Reply   
Yea I could see that on the 1up vs oshea.. I bought some point7s to try on it instead of the bomber to see if that speeds it up on edge a bit. Its not a "true" three stage (2 continuous rockers, supposedly), but holy crap does it pop well.

I also got my brother into an oracle, also pops very hard for a continuous board. And damn does it hold an edge for a board that has very few bottom features...
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       06-18-2016, 7:08 PM Reply   
Just got a Ronix One Timebomb and finally rode it....LOVE this board! Had a '13 One Timebomb and didn't care much for it and moved on to a '13 Parks and liked the Parks so rode it for 2 years. Was reluctant at first but read great reviews of the new One board so I went against my hesitation and got the new TImebomb and WOW! I REALLY like this board! Light, fast, and tons of pop!
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-20-2016, 7:59 AM Reply   
Micah,

I would go with a liquid force board. The Remedy or the Harley is what almost everyone around me has been converted to, everyone that rides it loves it. Most of the guys I am speaking of have come out there to ride with you a few times. The only thing anyone has trouble with is getting used to how fast and how much pop it has.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-20-2016, 9:03 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the input guys. looking at the One and Harley. Now just to find one at a decent price
Old     (mikeab8)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-20-2016, 9:57 AM Reply   
I actually just bought my 2015 one's (board and boots) off of amazon surprisingly. I got them for a steal, both board and boots for just over $500