Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (schuey)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-25-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
I know from searching past threads thY the proline LGs is supposed to be one of the comfiest handles out there. I have an old bullet lines handle and although the coating of the handle feels nice to the touch, there isn't much under it and I find it quite hard. I rode a friends handle the other day (I don't remember what it was) but was amazed by how soft and cushioned it was compared to mine so I'm now in the Market for a new handle.

I think my bullet lines handle may have had a leather grip (although it doesn't feel like leather, it soaks up water?) so I wanted to hear from people with the Proline LGs handles are still soft and cushioned or if they're similar to my current handle?

What is the best grip on the proline handles, diamond, square lines, what about the new 3D LGs handle? That looks soft?

Finally how does the hyperlite Murray chamois grip compare. Because I'm based in the uk it's hard for me to get hold of a Proline handle but I can get a Murray handle quite easily. Is it worth me going that extra mile to get a Proline for the ultimate in comfort?

Thanks!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-25-2011, 6:39 PM Reply   
Chamois grip handles are the most comfy to me out of any other option out there. ProLine offers some extremely desirable features that no other company does. The reason for the funky stitch patterns in the grips is to keep the grip all in tact. Go take a look at any other companies chamois handles that have been ridden for at least a half season and you will find the grip is twisted and stretched out. Also the handle is injected with foam in order to keep the handle floating where others sink.