Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-30-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
Anybody rode there. I've heard its sick but don't know anything about it, other than clear water, half in U.S./ half in Mexico.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-30-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
Yeah our crew is looking to make a trip down there this year. I've never been there myself either but i hear good things.

My buddies parents cruised up there on thier bikes. They said the lake it beautiful and HUGE. Apparently the only really glass place to ride is up the river on the west side. Makes sense to me. 60 - 100ft bluffs everywhere.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=lake+amistad+ tx&sll=29.759956,-95.362534&sspn=1.990842,2.471924&ie=UTF8&ll=29.588 684,-101.262875&spn=0.124645,0.219727&z=13

My only concern is how to get up the river without burning all your gas. From what i've found i havent seen too many drop ins up there. But who knows. And be Bass are supposed to be the size of schnauzers.

When are y'all planning on going? We're thinking Sept.

(Message edited by kamighazi on April 30, 2009)
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-30-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
I've been there a few times. It is the #1 bass fishing lake in the US, so there are always a lot of fishermen and a tournament going on. But is is a big lake, pretty clean water, and if the wind is blowing, find one of the many coves or fingers. I think that there are at least 4 ramps- I've been three times and gone in on 3 different locations. Most is in the US and no problems. Someone on the TigeOwners site said they just got a great deal on a houseboat for this summer, so that is another option. If you don't have to drive too far, it is a good option and is really not very crowded.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-30-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
watch out for that swine flu!!!
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-30-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Lake Amistad is the sickest place to ride in Texas, Huge rock cliffs line the lake for miles you can always find butter if you go on the weekdays.
Old     (jpaul)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Ben, there is no way to get up the Rio Grande without burning alot of gas. Even if you put in at Box canyon you have to up river about 10 mi before you get to good water and another 10 till you get to the high bluffs. But there is a dock or two you can tie up and follow a trail to a cave with pictographs.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
I was out there 2 weeks ago, we make 2 or 3 trips out there every year. Water is already 70 degrees. We got some good riding it, but it got windy the last day. We didn't even put the boat in the water. It's just the time of the year. Great lake though, there's always a good spot to ride. Just watch out for the dang glitter boats.