Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-04-2008, 5:45 AM Reply   
Boarders Best Buy has the Slingshot Recoil 138 and driver bindings for 299 today.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-04-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
yup, they have done it again, sweet setup and for a sweet deal

and if anyone is worried about the minimal footbeds of the '07 boots, remember the flex of the board will more than compensate for the landings. also you could get a size larger boot and cut up an old boot and shove the footbed inside. I recently cut up an old liquid force ultra sux (the original green ones) and put the footbeds inside my D2 ('08 model of ss boots) i am a size 10.5 and got 11 size boots because i thought the 10's were too tight...and if i ever thought the 11s were too big later, it'd be easier to make them smaller than to make the 10s larger. recently i have decided that maybe i have a bit too much room in the toe box of my D2s and that is why i put the foot beds in the bottom ALONG with the poron beds, so now my boots are EXTRA cooshy ;P

anyway... maybe this is not something completely recommended, but i thought id just post an f.y.i. ya know
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-04-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
that website makes me hate myself every day...
i just bought a pair of bindings that was $50 more expensive than that entire setup, which i was considering buying
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
What are you talking about? How could you fit the footbed off of another binding inside of the driver boot? Was there a couple inches of play top to bottom with your feet?

I wear an 11 or 11.5 in shoes and just ordered the package with 12s.

This is my first purchase from BBB. How long does it usually take for them to ship stuff out?
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-04-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
BBB is super quick on the shipping from my experience
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-04-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Ahh why couldn't it be a 142
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
BB, the 142 was last week.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-04-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
hell... I want an 08 board for $300

I already have the 07 setup.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
if they do the response 142 for 300 with binders im sold. I want the D2's real real bad though.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-04-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
I just bought my set up the last time they had it up...I got it a week after the purchase
Old     (erik_a)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
Crazy, I picked up the setup last week and it took a good 12 days to arrive. To my surprise I received an '08 Recoil with '07 Driver boots.

Sweeeeeeet!!!
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-04-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
Erik, where did you order that from, BBB too?
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-04-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
ok, i just don't get what Erik A said....he says he ordered a setup "last week" but yet he says "it took a good 12 days to arrive".....aren't there 7 days in a week?
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
nate... why are you and jeremy so HARD up on Slingshot anyways? it is kinda making me sick to my stomach... is there a post on slingshot that you or jeremy have not responded to?
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-04-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
honestly, for me, it is just that good. I am just that impressed! Maybe you should give it a try. I have been trying to refrain from sounding like a commercial because that is not what i want to come off sounding like. But truly, i'm obsessed with not only slingshot but just this whole new line of flex boards. I am honestly going to look into all the other brands as well. Sorry about your stomach problem. My stokedness is a little bit over the top but if you knew me personally then you would understand. I am sort of hyperactive (over the years its calmed down some) and I have ADD! So when I get stoked about something I REALLY get stoked about it. LOL! Ride whatever you like and most importantly LOVE RIDING! Meanwhile, if you click on a slingshot specific topic, take what some of us say as informative only.

-Nate

P.S. - Really, the only thing I posted on this topic was a smart ass comment that had nothing to do with my stokedness. I just thought that what Erik A said was funny.

P.S.S. - Ride on!
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
I have demo'd them and I am like you I love the product but just some of the posts seem over the top and pushy... maybe turning people off. Anyways.. like you said, RIDE ON!!
Old     (erik_a)      Join Date: May 2007       06-05-2008, 5:19 AM Reply   
Nate-0:

You are correct; there are 7 days in a week. However, not to be an ass and point out rudimentary math, but if you order something at the beginning of one week and it arrives at the end of the next week, there could be a total of 13 days between the two events.

Jack ass.

Anyway, it turns out it was a mess up with BBB and now we need to work out a solution. Darn.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
Jon (jon4pres)
Remember, these are the ol' school bindings with the NON-double decker footbeds. They are only a centimeter thick or so... even so i shaved them down on the toe
here are some pics

Upload
Upload
Upload

nice use of LF foot beds eh?

Jonny WakeLV

I pretty much second what nate-o said word for word.
Stoked on wakeboarding, stoked on wakeworld, stoked on lake Powell, and stoked on flexboards, espcially slingshot because they are pretty much the crown of the flex boards... we will have to see what the obrien flex line does for making smiles the remainder of the summer AND what Co. Wake puts out within the year... and what LF has in store as some rumors have put out to some degree.

I have been trying to limit my postings to Replies about questions on slingshot, mentioning them on threads about soft landing boards and such, and for new things i have come up with like the "shoving an old footbed inside comment. I am finished just stoking it out for the sake of stoking it out like when it first came out ;) now that everyone knows about it

again, sorry to anyone that has a sick stomach. I think Jermiside is the only one i know that is puking over it all ;P (joking jerm...)

Get out and ride! on whatever stokes you, doing what stokes you, where stokes you.

now i am done saying "stoke" before i wear it out}