Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-02-2008, 6:02 AM Reply   
Looking for beginner lessons in the Sacramento area. My kids and I do ok and have a lot of fun, but I take out a lot of my kids first timer friends and most of them have trouble getting up.

I would like to have someone teach some first timers the proper positioning & how to get going. I know a lot of people that know how, but knowing and teaching are two different things.

I know of 2 decent schools in the area(Delta Wakeboard and Launch), but at $70 an hour, it's a little steep. I want to do 2-3 sessions 3-4 hours long and don't want to take out a loan to do it.

Any other schools or independent instructors out there?
Thanks,
Al
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       06-02-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
West Coast Camps, Definately worth a little drive. Schwenne and crew are top notch instructors and the camp has proven results.
www.westcoastcamps.com

On the Delta check out Delta Wakeboard Camp. Eight mile rd. Another great batch of coaches. Their houseboat and island are a cool way to learn some new tricks.

www.deltawakeboardcamp.com
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Al, a day at launch will suffice, $1,000 may be a bt much to teach them to get up.

...If you want I could teach them for $1,000.....
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-02-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
Al ill come out and teach your kids for free if you just give me a pull!!

And im sure theres plenty of other people who would too.... I live in woodland.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-02-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
Al- Trevor may be on to something- If you don't want to spend a lot of money teaching them to get up, hire a nice young man like Trevor. He's not a pro, but he can probably teach them all that you want him to for now. I would bet he'd do it for about a hundred bucks and a couple of pulls. I'll vouch for him- he's a nice kid.

Other than that, Delta Wakeboard Camp and West Coast Camps offer superb instruction and a great time.
Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-02-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
Thanks Danny, I'll let you know when we go to the river. I assume Folsom Lake is further than you want to go.

Trevor, $1,000 was a little more than I wanted to spend. But thanks for the generous offer. :-)
Your 16? I guess I should have posted the pictures of my teenage daughter and her friends. Maybe You'd be paying me.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-02-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
PIMP
Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-02-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
OUCH....I guess I should have expected that.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
I can help ya out, I sent an email
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-02-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
If you want to bring out your own boat & gas, we will supply the coach. Email me with your phone numbar and we can talk.

Tom Conway
www.DeltaWakeboardCamp.com
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-03-2008, 1:08 AM Reply   
Al definately don't take out Danny. If you have daughters......Bad idea he's a good kid and all, But could definately be in a little better shape. What up Lobsta?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-03-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
I would take up Brodie on his offer. He's in the Sac area and can probably show you some good water too.

I wouldn't spend much on learning basics. You might consider purchasing some video instruction also.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
For beginner lessons, check into the California State University, Sacramento Aquatic Center:

http://www.csusaquaticcenter.com/

A six hour class is $135 for the general public, cheaper if you happen to be a student as CSUS.

In addition to wakeboarding they also offer kids camp, teaching windsurfing, kayaking, rowing, etc.

Disclaimer: My son happens to be one of the instructors there, so I am a little biased.....

Rod McInnis
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-03-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
jeff, your a B$^#% haha
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-03-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
Yah, check out Sac States Summer Lessons...they have great coaches who are very good at teaching...and its on folsom...and its behind a brand new SAN 210, really a great deal if you ask me...oh and rod, Chad is awesome if it weren't for him we probably wouldn't have a team so your bias is totally ok haha...