Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-03-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Since some of you have families and children, what are your feelings about courteous music selection for those of us who like cranking the tower speakers? The biggest trouble spot is probably my hip hop playlist. Are the occasional n-word and explicit lyric too much for the open water? We were riding last weekend past some younger kids and I was censoring most of the songs, but I could not catch them all.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-03-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
mute it when you turn around to pick up a rider, other than that it probably sounds garbled to other boats. Who actually trys and listens to other boat stereos while they are riding/driving?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-03-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
It will effect my music choice when I get my tower setup going. I am trying to be a more curteous wakeboarder all around though. I try to drive in such a way that my wakes don't influence other people on the water, wakesurf away from fishermen and docked boats, etc. I pretty much don't want to do too much to take away from other people's time on the water, within reason of course. I think Sam's idea is good too.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-03-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
Ran into that this weekend on the sand bar. I dont play anything for others to hear that I would not want my kids to hear.

Kids were everywhere, and this 17' bayliner broham (not bashing) must have just got his tower speakers. 2pac, Biggie, etc all explicit and so everyone could hear. We had to move unfortunately. If kids are around atleast try to make your playlists pg. If there's a bunch of tramp stamped roadies runnin around grabbin poles and slammin beer bongs (not that there's anything wrong with that either) then go for it I would.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-03-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
I love you...

You love me...

We're a wakeworld fam-il-yyyy

lol normally I am pretty PC but this is one area where I don't mind being "that guy" these are the same tubing wallys who ruin your day. I don't go out of my way to make life easy for them to be around when I am out riding @5am in the back of the lake. I don't want them there. Granted I don't turn on NWA when they roll up but I also don't skip immediately to it either.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-03-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
ya nwa that tape almost got me suspended in the 4th grade my mom bought it for me and my teacher heard some lyrics comin out of the headphones she was pissed. she called my mom and she said i bought it for him, man the teachers face was priceless