Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-14-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
LF puts lock tight on there thumb screws??? Ive stripped out the plastic thumb piece that sits on the bolt in order to tighten it like 5 times already. Almost everytime ive had to put those thumb screws in I had to use plyers just to tighten them all the way. Any solutions
Old    sealyon.net            04-14-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
screw them in a little, loosen, then tighten a little more. Just keep repeating until they are tight.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
Yeah man, I know what you mean. I thought I was gonna tear the inserts out of my board putting on my new Alphas. Had to crank them on so tight to get them to lock down. The new plate system is handy though for quick adjustments.

I had to do what Lyon said and eventually they were tight enough, which was just tight enough to stop the bindings shifting. Didn't need any pliers though...

BTW - Are those 08 thumb screws? The ones I just got were all metal.

(Message edited by jtnz on April 14, 2008)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-14-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
LF isnt the only company to put lock tight on their thumb screws. i know HYPE does as well.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
Ronix does too.

The fact is, most users won't ever touch the boots after they attach them, thus the loctite.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-15-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
I just dont get it and I have to disagree a bit on the fact that most users wont ever touch the boots after there attached. Some people only have one or two boards on the boat for everyone to ride. I know ive had to change my eras a few times so somebody else could ride my board. Just an opinion though. Anyways ill try and ease them in a bit more next time just kinda a pain in the A$$.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-15-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Loctite is on the screws probably because the manufacturers got tired of replacing damaged boards (inserts stripped/pulled out), and/or bindings because people keep forgetting to check if the screws are tight or not. No Loctite and they will loosen up real fast. I'm sure they are also thinking liability for personal injury too. Gotta keep those binding screws tight man.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-15-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
In steps Slingshot!

slingshot puts locktite on their screws too, but with their base plate design you can re adjust binding angles at will, even while riding, and without tools. Love slingshot!

i'm assuming the locktite that all the companys use is the "temporary" kind, but even then it is pretty tough stuff. I carry a little bottle of it with my gear all the time. I don't like worrying about my screws coming loose. when you are too afraid to try alot of stuff you can board for an hour straight sometimes and the bolts come loose and fall in the drink... or so it happend to me once.

(Message edited by wakerider111 on April 15, 2008)